Megumi's alter ego is Cure Lovely (キュアラブリー Kyua Raburī?), and her Form Changes are the red Cherry Flamenco (チェリーフラメンコ Cherī Furamenko?), and the yellow Lollipop Hip Hop (ロリポップヒップホップ Roripoppu Hippu Hoppu?). Her catchphrase is "Full of Happiness!" (しあわせ ハッピーネス! Shiawase Happīnesu!?)
Megumi has magenta eyes and short-medium length hair worn up in a ponytail with thick bangs and forelocks. Prior to meeting Hime, she wore a yellow top with white and light blue stripes with a green and white jacket, a royal blue skirt, dark green socks, and red sneakers. Afterwards, she started wearing a pale pink elbow-sleeve top with a heart and a yellow, purple, and fuchsia bubble vest, a fuchsia and navy-blue ruffled skirt with bow, black stockings with fuchsia cuffs, and a pair of fuchsia and white sneakers with a bow. For summer, she wears a shirt with a rainbow and a short sleeve light blue jacket, a pink layered skirt, cream stockings, and pink shoes.
As Cure Lovely, her hair and eyes turn hot pink and her hair extends down to her knee, worn with a magenta gem heart that has pieces of white fabric. Her bangs are slightly brushed to the side, and she gains pink heart earrings. She wears a white blouse with a dark navy vest, both with gold detail. The lapel is pink and the vest is trim with white ruffles, on the back is a small pair of pearl pink wings. On the chest is a hot pink and white ribbon with a gold heart and ribbon brooch. Her pink pleat-skirt has a frilly white petticoat. She also gains white and gold sleeves with matching thigh-high boots that have a hot pink bow on the ankle.
In her Cherry Flamenco form, her hair is entirely pulled back into a curly ponytail with a black ribbon and red rose. She gains makeup and rose earrings. Her red ruffled dress has pale pink lining and black fabric beneath it, a large red rose on the left hip. On the navel is a pink and gold heart with a red and magenta ribbon beneath it. Her shoes are black heels with a bow foot strap, and ruffled red sleeves with black cuff.
In her Lollipop Hip Hop form, her hair is worn in a pair of twin-tails with a large, chartreuse bow adorned by a gold star to match her earrings. She also gets a choker. Her outfit consists of a chartreuse top beneath a yellow and hot pink short-sleeved hoodie. Her ruffled, layered skirt comes in the same colors with an additional white layer and a hot pink and white belt. She also gains a pair of yellow heeled boots with hot pink cuff, one reaches the thigh while the other is ankle length with chartreuse striping. Both are worn with black stockings.
In Innocent Form, her thicker hair is longer with a white strap nearing the bottom of the ponytail to match the gold heart adorned ribbon holding it.She gains a full face of makeup. Her outfit consists of a ruffled white top with a scalloped bow on the chest and modified brooch, accenting the dangle on the waist piece. Her skirt is split into four pastel sections coming in pink, yellow, purple, and blue, each trim with wing-like frills. Her opera gloves are trim with wing-like frills to match her knee boots, which have a ribbon on top. On her back is a large, translucent pastel pink ribbon.
As Forever Lovely, her hair is let loose and lightens in color, worn with a white ribbon. Her forelocks are very thin. The sleeves of her top become thickly ruffled and her vest turns white with pearl pink lining the collar and the ribbon on her chest is larger. Her skirt turns pearl pink with a ruffled, white layered peplum over it. The bows on her boots become a gold wing, with her sleeves cuff changing in shape to match.
As Super Happiness Lovely, her hair appears more vibrant and splits into two separate segments so far down, worn with a fluffy pale pink piece and gold tiara. Her forelocks are curled and she gains a light pink choker. She gains a white and pink ruffled ballerina dress with fluffy white material covering her chest and shoulders, adorned by a gold heart with ruffled hot pink fabric. She also gains white stockings with light pink ribbon, heels, and thigh ornament. Her wrist pieces are gold with a white scalloped trim.
Megumi has a big heart that is always looking for others well-beings. She loves to help out and when she finds someone troubled or feeling sad, she steps in to lend them a hand without hesitation. She's bold and brave, and keeps an upbeat positivity that helps lighten other's moods better. She can be clumsy at times though, and while she admires fashion, her own sense of it was initially considered to be rather numb.
Deep down Megumi has some insecurities, but she covers them up fairly well. She often worries that her tendency to help others may come off as selfish, thinking she only does it for compliments, even though her friends assure her that this is untrue. She can also come off as being pushy and irritate others, such as Hime, without meaning to. Her desire to help and get to know Blue also led her to becoming too attached to him, giving Red an opportunity to use her during a low moment.
- Sagara Seiji: Megumi's neighbor and childhood friend. He knows both Megumi's strong and weak points and over the series, is shown to be secretly fond of her. He becomes jealous of Blue whenever he helps Megumi or dotes on her.
- Sagara Mao: They have a friendly relationship and Megumi looks out for Mao.
- Omori Yuko: A childhood friend and fellow Pretty Cure. She admires and respects Yuko, who helps Megumi by giving her advice and encouragement. She was very happy after discovering she was Cure Honey.
- Shirayuki Hime: Megumi quickly took to Hime after they first met in the park. Megumi admires Hime's fashion sense, which allowed them to bond. But because of how shy Hime was with strangers, Megumi initially struggled when trying to get her to socialize.
- Ribbon: Hime's mascot partner and hers by extension. Ribbon was impressed by Megumi's ability as a Pretty Cure after they met.
- Hikawa Iona: They are in different classes but Megumi recognizes her. She was very confused when Iona and Cure Fortune would lend her a hand while warning her to stay away from Hime/Cure Princess, and while Megumi was able to eventually befriend her, there was distance between them as Iona disliked her partner. After Iona was to overcome her issues with Hime/Princess, she became closer friends with Megumi.
- Aino Kaori: Her mother who she loves dearly. Her mother is very kind and helpful despite her illness, so Megumi's wish is to cure her mother by collecting the PreCards.
- Aino Masaru: Her father. He appears from work overseas in episode 36.
- Blue: Megumi respects and admires Blue, gaining a crush on him throughout the series. In episode 43, she reveals that she is in love with Blue, and by the end of the episode it is shown that her love is unrequited. She was happy for him after reuniting him with his true love, but she was very depressed for some time afterwards.
Aino (愛乃?): Ai(愛) means love. No (乃) is a jinmeiyō kanji, which is a group of Chinese characters that can be legally used in registered personal names in Japan. In Chinese, 乃 is an character used in ancient times, but rarely used in modern times, and changes its meaning in different contexts. As a syllabus, "no" also indicates possessive, so Aino as a phrase can also mean "of Love".
Megumi (めぐみ?): Megumi has many different writings, and subsequently many different meanings, one of them meaning "blessing" and / or "grace" (恵). The name "Megumi" may be originated from the Japanese verb "meguri" (巡り), which means to spin around, or to move around. The verb implies the movement of dancing which is a match to the dancing theme.
Together, her name can mean "love's blessing". It can also be translated to "Goddess of Love".
Meeting Hime and Becoming Cure Lovely
As Cure Princess fails to win against the Saiark, she loses hope, and moans about her failure. Later, Blue appears and gives Hime a crystal that could be used to find a new partner. Winning this chance, Hime goes on to find herself a new partner. A while later, Megumi is on her way to get the ingredients for the Cream Stew when Hime throws the crystal randomly to see who receives it. As Megumi walks, she finds the crystal, and finds it pretty. Seeing this, Hime follows Megumi to see what type of person she is. As she follows her, Hime finds Megumi to be a friendly and helpful person, who helps people as she walks. Hime, then also sees her friends, as Hime becomes more comfortable. As Megumi walks alone, Hime hides from her, soon Ribbon thinks of making both girls meet, and pushes Hime which drags Megumi her attention. Both girls meet, as Hime finds it really hard to speak, while Megumi falls in love with her fashion. Later both girls quickly develop a friendship, and Hime then talks about Pretty Cure, as Megumi has that chance. With this, Megumi gets shocked over it.
Meanwhile, Namakelder then summons a Saiark, with Seiji's sister's power. As both girls find out, Hime transforms into Cure Princess, revealing her Pretty Cure identity to Megumi. As both fight, Princess finds it really hard, and becomes weak as she gets wounded by the Saiark and when she is about to get hit again, Megumi tries to protect her as she gets in front of Hime. Megumi then says to not touch her, and feels the power of a Pretty Cure, as the crystal begins to shine. While, on the other side, Blue greets that Hime finally found her partner. While Megumi's crystal transforms into the Cards, and the Mirror, and uses them to transform onto Cure Lovely. Seeing this, Cure Lovely finds it amazing, but she does not know how to fight.HCPC01
Battle with Cure Unlovely
Blue decides to take a little stroll outside with Megumi, who tries to comfort him. However, the Phantom attacks them. Knowing that Megumi has gotten stronger since their previous encounters, Phantom reveals he has gotten more powerful as well and used said power to become Cure Unlovely. Throughout the fight, Unlovely keeps beating Lovely down and verbally discourages her, making her question why she even bothers helping others. Lovely begins to remember how she actually craves appreciation from others ever since her mother thanked her, which motivated her to help others even though they may not have needed it. Lovely almost breaks down until her friends arrive to back her up. Thanks to their teamwork, they are able to revert Unlovely back to Phantom. HCPC30
While fighting against Mirage, Lovely tells her that Blue still loves her even though he left her. Despite Mirage's refusal of acknowledgement, Lovely still shows some emotion about her and Mirage, telling her that she still loves Blue, but fails as Mirage's adviser influences her further to show anger and rage toward happiness, ending up destroying the palace and turning a battle into a rage. Before Mirage could finish her, the others joined and use Innocent Purification on her to turn her back normal, eventually breaking her away from Red's influence.
Final Battle with Red
After saving Mirage, Lovely learns that Red is the true mastermind behind Phantom Empire. Red not only defeats all of Lovely's friends, but he also decides to make Earth inhabitable and goes on to destroy it. He tries to finish off Lovely, but she instead transforms into Forever Lovely. During the intense battle, Red keeps rejecting Lovely's advice on the importance of love and helping others, but Lovely remains true to her values. Finally, Lovely saves her friends; Red is defeated and convinced by her speech, and leaves with Mirage and Blue to rebuild his fallen planet. Lovely is saddened by Blue leaving but accepts his choice. HCPC49
After the final confrontation with Red, Megumi returns to her normal life with her friends. When walking to school, Megumi looks at the orbs that Blue has entrusted her and claims that she will continue to protect the people she loves.
Sekai ni hirogaru biggu na ai! Kyua Raburī!
Cure Lovely (キュアラブリー Kyua Raburi?) is the alter ego of Megumi. She is the leader of Happiness Charge Pretty Cure. She is represented by hearts, and respectively has the power of love. She can transform by saying the transformation phrase, "Pretty Cure Kururin Mirror Change!".
The transformation begins with Megumi's PreChanMirror opening up, with her reflection in the mirror. Her hair then changes color and length as she dances onto the first PreCard. Then the other two PreCards overlap and Megumi pushes that part of the mirror down. She shouts the transformation phrase as the cards light up in the mirror and glows. As she transforms, she is wearing a light pink cape. She spins around as hearts surround her and form various parts of her outfit. After her arm warmers, boots and accessories appear, she jumps on a giant heart, which forms the rest of her outfit underneath. She then removes the cape, revealing her completed outfit as her wings appear and she places the PreChanMirror on her hip, which becomes encased in a bag. She then grabs one last heart, which forms her LovePreBrace before finishing the transformation.
Lollipop Hip Hop
Lollipop Hip Hop (ロリポップヒップホップ Roripoppu Hippu Hoppu?) is one of the two Form Changes Cure Lovely can use. Most of Lollipop Hip Hop's powers have to do with music, as having its own attack called Pop'n'Sonic Attack.
Super Happiness Lovely
Hapinesu chūnyū, shiawase chāji! Sūpā Hapinesu Raburī!
Super Happiness Lovely (スーパーハピネスラブリー Sūpā Hapinesu Raburī?) is her super form from the Happiness Charge Pretty Cure!: Ningyou no Kuni no Ballerina movie. In this form, she can perform the attack Miracle Love Motion.
Sekai ni terasu eien no ai! Fōebā Raburī!!
- Pinky Love Shoot (ピンキーラブシュート Pinkī Rabu Shūto?) - Her solo finisher, where she uses her LovePreBrace, and with the power of the summoned heart, she punches it and seals the enemy, eventually purifying it.HCPC03
- Passion Dynamite (パッションダイナマイト Passhon Dainamaito?) - Cherry Flamenco's attack. HCPC03
- Poppin' Sonic Attack (ポップンソニックアタック Poppun Sonikku Atakku?) - Lollipop Hip Hop's attack. HCPC05
- Twin Miracle Power Shoot (ツインミラクルパワーシュート Tsuin Mirakuru Pawā Shūto?) - Her finisher with Cure Princess.
- Happiness Big Bang (ハピネスビッグバン Hapinesu Biggu Ban?) - Her first group attack, which needs the Shining Make Dresser.
- Lovely Powerful Kiss (ラブリーパワフルキッス Raburī Pawafuru Kissu?) - A main attack used with the Shining Make Dresser.
- Innocent Purification (イノセントプリフィケーション Inosento Purifikēshon?) - Her second group attack along Princess, Honey and Fortune, where they need the Shining Make Dresser and the Innocent Harmony Mic. To perform it, all the girls must be in their Innocent Form.
- Forever Happiness Shower (フォエバーハピネスシャワー Foebā Hapinesu Shawā?) - Her new attack attack that she uses as Forever Lovely in episode 49.
- Miracle Love Motion (ミラクルラブモーション Mirakuru Rabu Mōshon?) - Her new attack that she can only use in Super Happiness Lovely form.
Megumi's voice actor, Nakajima Megumi, has participated in several image songs for the character she voices. Many of them include duets with Han Megumi, who voices Shirayuki Hime, Kitagawa Rina, who voices Omori Yuko, Tomatsu Haruka, who voices Hikawa Iona, and Kanemoto Ryōsuke, who voices Sagara Seiji.
- Pretty Cure ~Forever Friends~ (2014 Version) (Along with Kudo Mayu and Nabatame Hitomi)
- Pretty Cure・Memory (NewStage3 Version) (Along with Honna Yoko, Kimoto Orie, Sanpei Yuko, Oki Kanae, Nana Mizuki, Koshimizu Ami, Fukuen Misato, and Nabatame Hitomi)
- Happiness is the Password ~Yes! Happiness Charge!~ (Along with Han Megumi, Kitagawa Rina and Tomatsu Haruka)
- Where Courage is Born (Along with Han Megumi, Kitagawa Rina and Tomatsu Haruka)
- If You Look To The Blue Sky (Along with Horie Yui, Tsumugi's voice actress)
- The Magic Called Friends (Along with Kitagawa Rina and Kanemoto Ryōsuke)
- Innocent Harmony (Along with Han Megumi, Kitagawa Rina and Tomatsu Haruka)
- Megumi's birthday is October 12th. Therefore, her zodiac sign is Libra.
- Megumi shares her birthday with Oresky.
- Megumi, along with the other Happiness Charge Cures, appeared to give a special 10th anniversary congratulatory message commemorating the 500th episode of the Pretty Cure franchise.
- Coincidentally, Megumi’s voice actress is also named Megumi, as is Hime’s.
- Megumi is the first pink Cure to be the last on her team to obtain the ability to transform into Pretty Cure.
- Main Page: Aino Megumi/Image Gallery
|V • EHappiness Charge Pretty Cure! characters|
|Cures||Aino Megumi/Cure Lovely • Shirayuki Hime/Cure Princess • Omori Yuko/Cure Honey • Hikawa Iona/Cure Fortune • Hikawa Maria/Cure Tender • International Pretty Cure Teams|
|Mascots||Ribbon • Glasan • Aloalo • PhanPhan|
|Villains||Deep Mirror/Red • Queen Mirage/Cure Mirage • Namakelder • Hosshiwa • Oresky • Phantom • Madam Momere • Saiark • Choiark|
|Others||Blue • Sagara Seiji • Sagara Mao • Aino Kaori • Sagara Hiroko • Izumi • Omori Yoko • Omori Takeo • Omori Ai • Omori Ine • Omori Yonezo • Masuko Miyo • Shiina Elena • Hitomi • Yamazaki Kenta • Kaidou Yuya • Jindaiji Mami • Aino Masaru|
|Movie only||Orihara Tsumugi • Prince Zeke • Black Fang • Funassyi|