Megumi's alter ego is Cure Lovely (キュアラブリー Kyua Raburī?), and her Form Changes are the red Cherry Flamenco (チェリーフラメンコ Cherī Furamenko?), and the yellow Lollipop Hip Hop (ロリポップヒップホップ Roripoppu Hippu Hoppu?). Her catchphrase is "Full of Happiness!" (しあわせ ハッピーネス! Shiawase Happīnesu!?)
- 1 Bio
- 2 History
- 3 Cure Lovely
- 4 Songs
- 5 Trivia
- 6 Gallery
Megumi has medium-length magenta hair worn in a ponytail and thick bangs. Her eyes match her hair color. Prior to meeting Hime, she wears a yellow top with white and light blue stripes beneath a green and white jacket, paired with a royal blue skirt, dark green socks and red sneakers. After meeting Hime, she wears a pale pink, elbow-sleeved top with a heart in the middle, beneath a yellow, purple, hot pink, and white jacket. She also wears a hot pink and navy blue layered miniskirt with a bow on the left, hot pink and white sneakers, and black stockings. For summer, she wears a white shirt with a rainbow on it, along with a short-sleeved light blue jacket, a pink skirt with light and dark pink layers, thigh-high cream socks and pink shoes.
As Cure Lovely her hair and eyes turn hot pink as her hair grows to her ankles with a heart clip and white ruffles on the left. She also wears heart earrings. She wears a dark blue and gold vest with puffy sleeves, a pink lapel, and a pair of pale pink wings on the back. On her chest is a magenta bow with white stripes and a gold heart brooch in the middle. Her skirt is pink with her PreChanMirror on the right. Her white boots are thigh-high with small hot pink bows on the sides and her arm warmers are also white and gold with her LovePreBrace on her left wrist.
Megumi is very helpful, and whenever someone is in trouble or feels depressed, she cannot help but get involved. She is positive no matter what happens and can overcome almost anything. She is interested in fashion and admires it, but her own sense of fashion is rather numb. She can also be very clumsy at times.
She does have some insecurities when it comes to helping others. She is sometimes afraid that her tendency to help others comes off as selfish and that she only does so to get compliments from everyone, even though friends assure that she does so to help make others happy. There were a few instances that she unintentionally helped too much and irritated others, such as Hime. Her helpfulness can also be a flaw as she eventually got too attached to Blue which gave Red an opportunity to use her.
- Sagara Seiji: Megumi's neighbor and childhood friend. He knows both Megumi's strong and weak points.
- Sagara Mao: She is friendly to Megumi and treats her well.
- Omori Yuko: A childhood friend and fellow Pretty Cure. She always advises Megumi.
- Shirayuki Hime: They met at the park. She is Hime's partner and becomes her friend after becoming a Cure.
- Ribbon: Her mascot partner.
- Hikawa Iona: They are in different classes. They met in the fortune teller's tent, where Iona told her and Hime that they will have a terrible future. In their Cure forms, she advises Cure Lovely not to team up with Cure Princess or things will become a disaster. She helps out Lovely in their battle with Phantom, but she found the team-up to be a one-off thing and still fights alone. Nonetheless, after Iona accepts Hime, Megumi becomes better friends with Iona.
- Aino Kaori: Her mother. She always helps her out despite her illness, so Megumi's wish is to cure her mother by collecting the PreCards.
- Aino Masaru: Her father. He appears from work overseas in episode 36.
- Blue: Megumi respects and admires Blue, gaining a crush on him throughout the series. In episode 43, she reveals that she is in love with Blue, and by the end of the episode it is shown that her love is unrequited, which greatly saddens her.
Aino (愛乃?): Ai (愛) means love. No (乃) is a jinmeiyō kanji, which is a group of Chinese characters that can be legally used in registered personal names in Japan. In Chinese, 乃 is an character used in ancient times, but rarely used in modern times, and changes its meaning in different contexts. As a syllabus, "no" also indicates possessive, so Aino as a phrase can also mean "of Love".
Megumi (めぐみ?): Megumi has many different writings, and subsequently many different meanings, one of them meaning "blessing" and / or "grace" (恵). The name "Megumi" may be originated from the Japanese verb "meguri" (巡り), which means to spin around, or to move around. The verb implies the movement of dancing which is a match to the dancing theme.
Together, her name can mean "love's blessing". It can also be translated to "Goddess of Love".
Meeting Hime and Becoming Cure Lovely
As Cure Princess fails to win against the Saiark, she loses hope, and moans about her failure. Later, Blue appears and gives Hime a crystal that could be used to find a new partner. Winning this chance, Hime goes on to find herself a new partner. A while later, Megumi is on her way to get the ingredients for the Cream Stew when Hime throws the crystal randomly to see who receives it. As Megumi walks, she finds the crystal, and finds it pretty. Seeing this, Hime follows Megumi to see what type of person she is. As she follows her, Hime finds Megumi to be a friendly and helpful person, who helps people as she walks. Hime, then also sees her friends, as Hime becomes more comfortable. As Megumi walks alone, Hime hides from her, soon Ribbon thinks of making both girls meet, and pushes Hime which drags Megumi her attention. Both girls meet, as Hime finds it really hard to speak, while Megumi falls in love with her fashion. Later both girls quickly develop a friendship, and Hime then talks about Pretty Cure, as Megumi has that chance. With this, Megumi gets shocked over it.
Meanwhile, Namakelder then summons a Saiark, with Seiji's sister's power. As both girls find out, Hime transforms into Cure Princess, revealing her Pretty Cure identity to Megumi. As both fight, Princess finds it really hard, and becomes weak as she gets wounded by the Saiark and when she is about to get hit again, Megumi tries to protect her as she gets in front of Hime. Megumi then says to not touch her, and feels the power of a Pretty Cure, as the crystal begins to shine. While, on the other side, Blue greets that Hime finally found her partner. While Megumi's crystal transforms into the Cards, and the Mirror, and uses them to transform onto Cure Lovely. Seeing this, Cure Lovely finds it amazing, however not knowing how to fight.HCPC01
Battle with Cure Unlovely
Blue decides to take a little stroll outside with Megumi, who tries to comfort him. However, the Phantom attacks them. Knowing that Megumi has gotten stronger since their previous encounters, Phantom reveals he has gotten more powerful as well and used said power to become Cure Unlovely. Throughout the fight, Unlovely keeps beating Lovely down and verbally discourages her, making her question why she even bothers helping others. Lovely begins to remember how she actually craves appreciation from others ever since her mother thanked her, which motivated her to help others even though they may not have needed it. Lovely almost breaks down until her friends arrive to back her up. Thanks to their teamwork, they are able to revert Unlovely back to Phantom. HCPC30
While fighting against Mirage, Lovely tells her that Blue still loves her even though he left her. Despite Mirage's refusal of acknowledgement, Lovely still shows some emotion about her and Mirage, telling her that she still loves Blue, but fails as Mirage's adviser influences her further to show anger and rage toward happiness, ending up destroying the palace and turning a battle into a rage. Before Mirage could finish her, the others joined and use Innocent Purification on her to turn her back normal, eventually breaking her away from Red's influence.
Final Battle with Red
After saving Mirage, Lovely learns that Red is the true mastermind behind Phantom Empire. Red not only defeats all of Lovely's friends, but he also decides to make Earth inhabitable and goes on to destroy it. He tries to finish off Lovely, but she instead transforms into Forever Lovely. During the intense battle, Red keeps rejecting Lovely's advice on the importance of love and helping others, but Lovely remains true to her values. Finally, Lovely saves her friends, Red is defeated and convinced by her speech, and leaves with Mirage and Blue to rebuild his fallen planet. Lovely is saddened by Blue leaving but accepts his choice. HCPC49
After the final confrontation with Red, Megumi returns to her normal life with her friends. When walking to school, Megumi looks at the orbs that Blue has entrusted her and claims that she will continue to protect the people she loves.
Sekai ni hirogaru biggu na ai! Kyua Raburī!!
Cure Lovely (キュアラブリー Kyua Raburi?) is the alter ego of Megumi. She is the leader of Happiness Charge Pretty Cure. She is represented by hearts, and respectively has the power of love. She can transform by saying the transformation phrase, "Pretty Cure Kururin Mirror Change!".
The transformation begins with Megumi's PreChanMirror opening up, with her reflection in the mirror. Her hair then changes color and length as she dances onto the first PreCard. Then the other two PreCards overlap and Megumi pushes that part of the mirror down. She shouts the transformation phrase as the cards light up in the mirror and glows. As she transforms, she is wearing a light pink cape. She spins around as hearts surround her and form various parts of her outfit. After her arm warmers, boots and accessories appear, she jumps on a giant heart, which forms the rest of her outfit underneath. She then removes the cape, revealing her completed outfit as her wings appear and she places the PreChanMirror on her hip, which becomes encased in a bag. She then grabs one last heart, which forms her LovePreBrace before finishing the transformation.
Cherry Flamenco (チェリーフラメンコ Cherī Furamenko?) is one of the two Form Changes Cure Lovely can use. Most of Cherry Flamenco's powers have to do with fire, as having its own attack called Passion Dynamite.
In this form Lovely's ponytail is slightly higher and curlier and held with a thin black bow paired with a red rose. Her earrings are now red and she wears noticeable lipstick and blush. The top part of her dress has red ruffles with a black top underneath held by a pink heart brooch decorated with a rose. The skirt is red and ruffled at the bottom with a giant red rose on the left side of her waist. Underneath is a thinner black layer. She also wears black high-heels with matching bows, a black choker with a red rose, and ruffled red and black cuffs near her elbows.
Lollipop Hip Hop
Lollipop Hip Hop (ロリポップヒップホップ Roripoppu Hippu Hoppu?) is one of the two Form Changes Cure Lovely can use. Most of Lollipop Hip Hop's powers have to do with music, as having its own attack called Pop'n'Sonic Attack.
In this form, Cure Lovely's hair is worn in pigtails with a large green bow on the right of her head, adorned by a gold star to match her earrings. She wears a short-sleeved yellow and magenta hoodie with a light green top under and an orange choker. The zipper pull is a black triangle, and on the left is a yellow heart adorned by colorful stars. Her skirt has three ruffled yellow, green, and off-white layers with a white and magenta waistband. Her left shoe is ankle-length with a large green and magenta striped cuff, while the her right boot is thigh length with Precure written on the side in multicolored letters. She wears a single wristband.
Innocent Form (イノセントフォーム Inosento Fōmu?) is Cure Lovely's upgraded form.
Her hair lengthens and turns neon pink with a white band at the bottom and a white ribbon with a gold heart on top, and her earrings turn pale pink. She wears pink makeup. She now wears a white leotard with a matching collar and ruffled sleeves that go around the back. The ribbon on her chest resembles a pair of wings. At the bottom is a lilac belt with white frills sticking out from beneath it. Her skirt is split into four sections, each representing a Cures' color lined with white frills. Her boots are knee-length and decorated with bows and frills. She also wears white opera gloves and a giant pink translucent ribbon in the back.
Super Happiness Lovely
Hapinesu chūnyū, shiawase chāji! Sūpā Hapinesu Raburī!
Super Happiness Lovely (スーパーハピネスラブリー Sūpā Hapinesu Raburī?) is her super form from the Happiness Charge Pretty Cure!: Ningyou no Kuni no Ballerina movie. In this form, she can perform the attack Miracle Love Motion.
In this form her hair is vibrant and nearly reaches her feet, with her ponytail splitting in half. She wears a gold tiara with pale pink feathers around her head. Her outfit resembles a ballerina's, with a white sleeveless leotard and feathers lining the top. The ribbon on her chest resembles a small jabot. Her tutu has a short white layer followed by a longer pink one with frilly petticoats under it. She also wears white tights with pink ribbon laced around it with matching high heels decorated with a red bow. Her accessories include a pink choker, gold bracelets trimmed with feathers, and heart-shaped earrings. She wears light makeup and gains large wings.
Sekai ni terasu eien no ai! Fōebā Raburī!!
In this form, her hair is worn loose and turns light pink. Her hair accessory is replaced by a white ribbon worn on the back of her head. Her vest turns white with opened ruffled sleeves over what appears to be a bright white coat. At the bottom of it are two bright white layers, one longer than the other, that resemble a coat. Her bow and skirt are slightly lighter, while her boots have a single gold wing on each side. The cuffs of her arm warmers are now wing-shaped.
- Pinky Love Shoot (ピンキーラブシュート Pinkī Rabu Shūto?) - Her solo finisher, where she uses her LovePreBrace, and with the power of the summoned heart, she punches it and seals the enemy, eventually purifying it.HCPC03
- Passion Dynamite (パッションダイナマイト Passhon Dainamaito?) - Cherry Flamenco's attack. HCPC03
- Poppin' Sonic Attack (ポップンソニックアタック Poppun Sonikku Atakku?) - Lollipop Hip Hop's attack. HCPC05
- Twin Miracle Power Shoot (ツインミラクルパワーシュート Tsuin Mirakuru Pawā Shūto?) - Her finisher with Cure Princess.
- Happiness Big Bang (ハピネスビッグバン Hapinesu Biggu Ban?) - Her first group attack, which needs the Shining Make Dresser.
- Lovely Powerful Kiss (ラブリーパワフルキッス Raburī Pawafuru Kissu?) - A main attack used with the Shining Make Dresser.
- Innocent Purification (イノセントプリフィケーション Inosento Purifikēshon?) - Her second group attack along Princess, Honey and Fortune, where they need the Shining Make Dresser and the Innocent Harmony Mic. To perform it, all the girls must be in their Innocent Form.
- Forever Happiness Shower (フォエバーハピネスシャワー Foebā Hapinesu Shawā?) - Her new attack attack that she uses as Forever Lovely in episode 49.
- Miracle Love Motion (ミラクルラブモーション Mirakuru Rabu Mōshon?) - Her new attack that she can only use in Super Happiness Lovely form.
Megumi's voice actor, Nakajima Megumi, has participated in several image songs for the character she voices. Many of them include duets with Han Megumi, who voices Shirayuki Hime, Kitagawa Rina, who voices Omori Yuko, Tomatsu Haruka, who voices Hikawa Iona, and Kanemoto Ryōsuke, who voices Sagara Seiji.
- Pretty Cure ~Forever Friends~ (2014 Version) (Along with Kudo Mayu and Nabatame Hitomi)
- Happiness is the Password ~Yes! Happiness Charge!~ (Along with Han Megumi, Kitagawa Rina and Tomatsu Haruka)
- Where Courage is Born (Along with Han Megumi, Kitagawa Rina and Tomatsu Haruka)
- If You Look To The Blue Sky (Along with Horie Yui, Tsumugi's voice actress)
- The Magic Called Friends (Along with Kitagawa Rina and Kanemoto Ryōsuke)
- Innocent Harmony (Along with Han Megumi, Kitagawa Rina and Tomatsu Haruka)
- Megumi's birthday is October 12th. Therefore, her zodiac sign is Libra.
- Megumi shares her birthday with Oresky.
- Megumi, along with the other Happiness Charge Cures, appeared to give a special 10th anniversary congratulatory message commemorating the 500th episode of the Pretty Cure franchise.
- Coincidentally, Megumi’s voice actress is also named Megumi, as is Hime’s.
- Megumi is the first pink Cure to be the last on her team to obtain the ability to transform into Pretty Cure.
- Main page: Aino Megumi/Image Gallery