Akagi Towa (紅城 トワ?), also known as Princess Hope Delight Towa in her kingdom, is one of the four main Cures in Go! Princess Pretty Cure. Originally, she was known as Twilight (トワイライト?) and was a part of Dys Dark, but was soon freed from Dyspear's brainwashing.
She later becomes Cure Scarlet (キュアスカーレット?), the Princess of the Flames.
- 1 Bio
- 2 History
- 3 Cure Scarlet
- 4 Twilight
- 5 Songs
- 6 Trivia
- 7 Gallery
- 8 References
Towa is a young girl with red eyes and light red, thickly curled hair framing her face with tented bangs. She has pointed ears, and normally wears a headband of some type. She normally wears a white dress with pink detal and light red heeled shoes, along with a red butterfly necklace. In the movie she wore a pale pink dress with a corset top adorned by red buttons to match her bolero, which has a frilly collar and pink ribbon. Her red heels were worn with dark red socks, and her headband has a magenta butterfly.
As Twilight, she looks older with longer silver hair worn in four loose curled sections with so much of it pulled into a bow-shaped bun on top. She wears red eye makeup and at times a mask, large blue earrings, and her nails are painted black. Her dark grey mini-dress has scalloped maroon and lilac skirt layers and was worn beneath a black and dark red, wing-shaped dress. At the middle is a gold butterfly with dark pink and green gems. She also wears crimson tights with black platform shoes and matching colored scalloped wrist pieces.
As Black Princess, her hair keeps its shape but is now loose, and she dons a black and red butterfly eye mask. Her mini-dress becomes dark grey with a pointed wing dress over it with bright red gloves and boots, black tights, and dark red accenting. Her chest butterfly is now dark indigo with purple and green gems, and a blue center. She also has an alternate dress that extends to the floor with a black layer over it.
As Cure Scarlet, her longer hair turns light pink and resembles a thicker variant of Twilight's style with a magenta ombre on top. Her eyes brighten and behind each ear is a feathery wing. She also gains a gold tiara with three ruby gems and matching colored earrings, shaped like the ornament on her black neck ribbon. Her ruffled, off-white dress has a yellow chest with large red feathers covering the shoulder and a white pointed corset held by black fabric with a large gold sphere in the middle. Hanging from this and down the right leg is ruffled red fabric with gold lining, which matches her loose sleeves. She also gains gold bracelets, and red and gold heels with fabric shaped like a wing wrapped around the leg.
In her Mode Elegant Phoenix, her skirt extends to the floor with several ruffles, a red peplum dragging on the ground is layered over with maroon, gold, and orange markings on the shorter middle section. Her outer-skirt now wraps around both legs.
In her Mode Elegant Sun, her hair thickens with magenta sparkles through it. Her tiara changes in design and her earrings become solid red. Her neck ribbon is replaced with a white choker that has a red center and small dangles. Her white floor-length dress gains frills along the chest and sleeves, which now connect to her wing-shaped shoulders. On the chest is an apricot ribbon with a ruby sun gem in the middle. At the navel is a white bow with a gold sphere and bunched, pale pink fabric wrapped around the skirt. The top layer of skirting has pale pink lining and a layered white, pale pink, and apricot ruffled ribbon on each side, adorned by an orange sphere with a ruby sun. The second skirt layer is white scalloped with a stripe of gold, followed by a petticoat with pale pink detail and sparkles. In Royal, she gains a large pink and white regal lace ribbon on the back.
As Grand Princess, Her hair gains more volume but is now worn in two tightly curled sections. She gains a large gold tiara with ruby droplet-shaped gems surrounding a small heart. Her white choker has a bow on the front with a ruby gem in the middle. She wears a white and gold long-sleeved dress with a ruffled split along the seam to reveal white to gold scalloped layer lined in gold, and an off-white petticoat. Around the shoulder is a large gold cape with fluffy hood lining and white lined bottom, an apricot bow cravat rests in the middle with a gold center.
In her Mode Elegant Halloween, she wears yellow flowers in her hair with four loose curled strands of light green. Her choker gains a small yellow flower on the front to match the one at her navel, which has two leaf and pieces of long peach ribbon. Her puffy sleeves have a feathery cuff, and her disconnected sleeves gain a chain of pearls around the top. Her puffy ballgown is chiffon with a ruffled seam at the middle to reveal white layers of fabric beneath it. On the back of the dress is long, flowing baby pink ribbon.
As an adult in episode 50, she became the queen of Hope Kingdom and wore a white and red regal gown with a tiara adorned by three red jewels. Her hair has grown in length.
As a little girl Towa was very sweet and admired her older brother. She dreamed of becoming a Grand Princess for the sake of helping the land, but knowing that only a Princess Pretty Cure could become one eventually got to her, when she became brainwashed by Dyspear.
As Twilight, she seemed to take after her adoptive "mother" in terms of characteristics. In contrast to her child self, she believed that dreams are pitiful illusions that people believe in. Twilight also saw the Pretty Cures as fake princesses, and was ruthless and vain enough on calling herself "Noble, Precious, and Beauteous." While she would initially appear courteous around Haruka, she used their moments together to dishearten her after feeling threatened.
After being purified, she is shown to be somewhat naive and awkward around others. While she is polite and formal, her upbringing gave her a lack of social grace as she wasn't used to the customs of Earth, like thinking that she could buy a castle and three housemaids. However, she remains kind, courageous, and helpful, and cares deeply for her friends. She begins to learn how to do her things independently without assistance, but she still heavily adores Kanata and admires her big brother.
- Prince Kanata - She is Kanata's younger sister. They used to be close, but Towa went missing one day, causing Kanata to fall into despair. When they finally reunite, Twilight no longer remembers him, much to his dismay. During the battle between her and the Cures, she nearly defeats Kanata, but she is eventually brought back to her senses thanks in part to Kanata's violin playing and was freed from Dyspear's control and remembers him. However, their reunion was short-lived when Kanata stays behind to fight off Dyspear while Towa returned with the others to Yumegahama. They later reunited for good after locating him on Earth after he suffers from memory loss.
- Dyspear - Dyspear kidnapped the young Towa and brainwashed her, and Twilight shows great respect towards her as a result of believing she is her mother. After snapping out of her brainwashing, she held a personal grudge against her.
- Miss Shamour - She has known her for some time, as the one who taught Kanata and Towa how to play the violin.
- Haruno Haruka - As Twilight, Towa saw Haruka as an enemy, even trying to dishearten her by nearly burning her The Princess of Flowers book. In episode 21, Flora still believed that Twilight had some good left in her and fought against her to bring those feelings out. In the next episode, Flora encouraged a hopeless Towa to believe in her dreams again, which in part enabled Towa to transform into Cure Scarlet. After that they have a special bond with each other and their dreams to become (Grand) Princesses.
- Mochizuki Yume - In episode 23, Yume encounters a despondent Towa when she was trying to adjust to life on Earth. The two talked over dessert before Yume tells Towa to surround her heart with warm feelings. When Yume was captured by Lock, Scarlet decided to use those warm feelings she learned from her to help free her. Later, Yume accepts Towa as a student of Noble Academy.
- Amanogawa Kirara - Episode 24 revealed that the two of them are roommates. They had a hard time getting along at first due to Towa's lack of knowledge and Kirara's busy modeling schedule. But by the end of the episode, they are friends.
- Kaido Minami - During a sleepover at Haruka's house in episode 25, she helped Towa with her fear of the darkness, which brought back memories of her time as Twilight, and taught her that she should depend on her friends and comrades. When Shut kept calling her Twilight and said that he had to eliminate her, Minami protected her, saying that she wasn't Twilight anymore, but Akagi Towa.
Towa (トワ?) means "eternity" or "immortality".
Cure Scarlet means a bright red color with a slightly orange tinge.
As a child she was known as Princess Towa. She dreamed of being a Grand Princess. Though her brother Prince Kanata told her how only the Princess Pretty Cure could become Grand Princesses, that did not stop her from trying. As a child, she would play the violin with her brother. One day, sensing her desire to become a Grand Princess, Dyspear appeared and told her that she could help her become one. Towa accepts her offer, not knowing that she was going to become a pawn in Dyspear's plan to conquer Hope Kingdom. Dyspear actually trapped her inside the Forest of Despair as part of that plan. Soon after, the citizens of Hope Kingdom fell into despair because of Towa going missing, making it easier to Dyspear to take over as she fed on that despair. Dyspear then decided to brainwash Towa and let her assume the name Twilight.
Her Last Battle Against the Cures and Her Purification
When the Cures, along with Kanata, arrived at Hope Kingdom, Twilight greeted them. Kanata recognized her as Towa and tried to talk to her, but she does not remember him and wants to destroy them. Using a Dark Princess Perfume, she becomes the Black Princess. She nearly defeats the Cures and Kanata, but Flora continued to fight back, still believing that the real her was deep inside. The Cures used Trinity Explosion in an attempt to purify her, and with the help of Kanata's violin playing reawakening her memories, Towa was freed from Dyspear's control. The Cures, along with a weakened Towa, then escaped Hope Kingdom, with Kanata staying behind to fend off an enraged Dyspear.
Making Amends and Becoming Cure Scarlet
The girls brought Towa to Noble Academy and she stayed in Kirara's dorm room. While sleeping, she had a nightmare of Twilight, and she woke up scared. Taking her black keys, she went for a walk in the campus. Then she saw Haruka playing the violin and remembered her memories with Kanata. Haruka wanted to give Kanata's violin to her, but she felt unworthy because of her actions in the past. As they conversed, Dyspear suddenly appeared and made Towa fall deeper into despair and trapped her and Kanata's violin in a cage of thorns, feeding on that despair. As Minami and Kirara arrived, the three of them, along with Haruka, transformed and fought against Dyspear in order to rescue Towa. Flora was able to enter the cage thanks to the help of her friends and saw the violin as well as a hopeless Towa. She spoke to Towa and she was moved by Flora's words. Flora decided to play her own violin to deliver her feelings to Towa, just like how Kanata did in the last battle and Towa was moved by her words and she took back Kanata's violin. The two of them played and their melodies combined into one, causing them to break free from the cage. Towa announced she was not going to despair anymore, but Dyspear knocked her back with thorns. As she was falling, she looked back at what she had done as Twilight and decided to carry the weight of her sins and resume her dream of becoming a Grand Princess as the blue fire that came to her aid turned red, purifying her Princess Perfume and Dress Up Keys. With one of those keys, she transformed into Cure Scarlet and easily defeats the clones and using her weapon Scarlet Violin, she uses Phoenix Blaze to attack Dyspear and force her to retreat. After the battle ended, she says that she knows Kanata is still alive because she felt it through the violin.
Life in Yumegahama and Noble Academy
After her first battle as Scarlet, Towa tries to get used to life on Earth. The Cures took her on a tour of Yumegahama to help her do so. After buying a new outfit, checking out art galleries and taking pictures with the others, she sat down to enjoy a donut, but she reveals that she couldn't enjoy herself with Hope Kingdom still being under Dys Dark's rule. She leaves and begins going around town herself, still unsure of the customs of her new home. She stops traffic, tries to purchase a castle and even tries to look for a job. In the end, she seemed to have given up when Yume spots her sitting on a bench in the park and the two go to a cafe to eat and talk things over. Yume tells her to surround herself with warm feelings and to stay positive. Just then, Yume was targeted by Lock and he uses her despair to summon a Zetsuborg. Towa transforms into Cure Scarlet to try to save her. Throughout the battle, Lock still refers to Scarlet as Twilight, or the Princess of Despair, and taunts her. Scarlet couldn't defeat the Zetsuborg on her own, and to make matters worse, Lock powers it up and feeds on even more of Yume's despair. Just as Scarlet was about to be defeated, the other Cures show up. Scarlet was still discouraged, believing that all she does is make everyone despair no matter whose side she was on, but Flora tells her that good and bad experiences can be shared with everyone and hugs her. Scarlet also embraces Flora and decides to officially join the team before defeating the Zetsuborg and freeing Yume. After the battle, they all returned to Noble Academy to speak to the headmistress, who they were all surprised to find out was Yume herself. She then enrolls Towa as a student.
Reuniting with Kanata and the Promise to Restore Hope Kingdom
In episode 40, Towa is happy that her brother, Kanata, regained his memories as a prince and they start reacquainting. She shows Kanata everything she has learned in Earth at Noble Academy and also shows him the Scarlet Violin. As they continue, the Royal Key reacts and inserts itself into Towa's Princess Perfume and seconds later, the entire group found themselves in Hope Kingdom. Because of Dys Dark's further influence over it, the once flourishing kingdom was now completely covered in vines, which scared Kuroro and causes him to run away. Towa starts to have flashbacks about her mother and father as well as what had happened to the kingdom after Dyspear lured her away. She becomes vengeful and vows to destroy Dyspear for what she had done. Dyspear sends a Zetsuborg clone of herself to attack the Cures and Scarlet charges at it recklessly. She gets beaten very badly because of this, but when she sees a tearful Kuroro returning, she remembers her parents telling her that the kingdom's citizens' emotions always reflected hers, and tells Kuroro to cheer up. With her strength and will renewed, she vows to save the kingdom and her parents before performing Scarlet Prominence to weaken the Zetsuborg, with her and the rest of the Cures purifying it. After their victory, the vines on the temple of fire started to retract, and Scarlet uses her Dress Up Keys and the Music Princess Palace to restore it and cause the red arch of the rainbow to return.
Shinku no honō no purinsesu! Kyua Sukāretto!
Towa shouts out "Pretty Cure" and her clothes disappear in a flash of fire. As she says "Princess Engage", she inserts her red Dress Up Key into the Princess Perfume and locks it into place. Her perfume fills up with red liquid that she sprays around her and on her hands, feet, and body to make her gloves, boots, and dress appear. She sprays the perfume once again in the air to create her tiara which she places on her head to make her hair grow longer and change color, and her earrings and choker appear, as well as the markings around her eyes. She then strikes a pose to make her Dress Up Keys appear underneath her top layer skirt. She then lands on the ground and says her introduction before striking her final pose.
- Phoenix Blaze (フェニックスプレイズ?) is Cure Scarlet's main attack. To perform it, she needs the Scarlet Violin and the Phoenix Dress Up Key. It made its debut in episode 22.
- Scarlet Illusion (スカーレットイリュージョン?) is an attack that Cure Scarlet can use as long as she has her Scarlet Violin and Hanabi Dress Up Key.
- Scarlet Spark (スカーレットスパーク?) is an attack that Cure Scarlet can use as long as she has her Scarlet Violin and Hanabi Dress Up Key.
- Scarlet Flame (スカーレットフレイム?) is an attack that Cure Scarlet can use as long as she has her Scarlet Violin and Scarlet Dress Up Key.
- Éclat Espoir (エクラエスポワール?) is Cure Scarlet's first group attack that she performs with Cure Flora, Cure Mermaid and Cure Twinkle, where she needs the Music Princess Palace and her Premium Sun Dress Up Key.
- Grand Printemps (グランプランタン?) is Cure Scarlet's second group attack that she performs with Cure Flora, Cure Mermaid and Cure Twinkle, where she needs the Music Princess Palace and the Royal Key.
- Scarlet Prominence (スカーレットプロミネンス?) is Cure Scarlet's main attack that she performs with the Music Princess Palace and her Premium Sun Dress Up Key. It is first used in episode 40.
- Grand Libération (グランリベラシオン?) is Cure Scarlet's third group attack that she performs with Cure Flora, Cure Mermaid and Cure Twinkle, where she needs to be in her Grand Princess form.
- Halloween Eclair (ハロウィンエクレール?) is Cure Scarlet's fourth group attack that she performs with Cure Flora, Cure Mermaid and Cure Twinkle, where she needs to be in her Mode Elegant Halloween form.
Twilight (トワイライト?) was the evil alter ego of Towa. She became Twilight when Dyspear said she could make her dream of being a Grand Princess come true. As Twilight she is Dys Dark's Princess. She has her own catch phrase "Noble, Precious, and Beauteous."
In episode 18, Dyspear gives her a new Dress Up Key, which Twilight inserts into a staff and makes her more powerful. She could trap people in tablets with it and draws out their despair to give her even more power. However, the staff was destroyed thanks to Cure Flora's own new Dress Up Key. She can also conjure a temporary dimension using this key and her staff.
In episode 20, Dyspear gives her another Dress Up Key in which she can insert inside a Princess Perfume and transform into the Black Princess. In this form, her powers were equivalent to those of a Pretty Cure, even having a Mode Elegant.
Towa's voice actor, Sawashiro Miyuki, has participated in several image songs for the character she voices. Many of them include duets with Shimamura Yu, who voices Haruno Haruka, Asano Masumi, who voices Kaido Minami, Yamamura Hibiku, who voices Amanogawa Kirara, and Tachibana Shinnosuke, who voices Prince Kanata.
- Strongly, Gently, Beautifully. (Along with Shimamura Yu, Asano Masumi and Yamamura Hibiku)
- Conditions of Being a Princess (Along with Shimamura Yu, Asano Masumi and Yamamura Hibiku)
- Strings (Along with Tachibana Shinnosuke)
- Joyful! Pretty Cure Christmas (Along with Shimamura Yu, Asano Masumi and Yamamura Hibiku)
- Towa's birthday is December 15th, making her zodiac a Sagittarius.
- As Twilight, Towa is as of now the only antagonist to have used an item a Pretty Cure also uses for fighting. Upon being freed and becoming a Pretty Cure herself, it transformed into her Dress Up Keys.
- Episode 28 reveals that Towa can't swim. This is ironically fitting, as she has power over fire as Cure Scarlet.
- She is the first Cure to have pointy ears.
- Her favorite food is a Japanese dessert called Anmitsu.
- Main Page: Akagi Towa/Image Gallery
|V • T • EGo! Princess Pretty Cure characters|
|Cures||Haruno Haruka/Cure Flora • Kaido Minami/Cure Mermaid • Amanogawa Kirara/Cure Twinkle • Akagi Towa/Cure Scarlet • Past Princess Pretty Cure|
|Mascots||Pafu • Aroma • Miss Shamour • Kuroro|
|Villains||Dyspear • Twilight • Close • Shut • Lock • Stop & Freeze • Zetsuborg|
|Others||Prince Kanata • Nanase Yui • Haruno Moe • Haruno Ibuki • Kisaragi Reiko • Azuma Seira • Nishimine Ayaka • Shirogane-san • Amanogawa Stella • Takamagahara Ken • Bauanne Baurollo • Aihara Yuuki • Imagawa Shuu • Koshiba Naoto • Ichijo Ranko • Tachi Kyoko • Haruno Momoka • Tina • Mochizuki Yume • Kaido Wataru • Komori Hanae • Kano Sayaka • Kurita Mai • Komaki Noriko • Hirano Kenta • Furuya Riko • Kitakaze Asuka • Kaido Tsukasa • Kaido Masumi • Ijuin Kimimaro • Nishikido-san • Akehoshi Karin|
|Movie only||Pumplulu Princess • Warp • Refi • Night Pumpkin • King Pumpkin • Queen Pumpkin|