Akagi Towa (紅城 トワ Akagi Towa?), also known as Princess Hope Delight Towa in her kingdom, is one of the four main cures in the series Go! Princess Pretty Cure, she a young girl who appears to be a true princess. Originally, she used to be one of the antagonists in Go! Princess Pretty Cure known as Twilight (トワイライト Towairaito?). She was said to be the daughter of Dyspear and had the title "The Princess of Despair", but it was revealed that she was actually brainwashed and was not related to her at all.
She later becomes Cure Scarlet (キュアスカーレット Kyua Sukāretto?), the Princess of the Flames.
As Twilight, she has long silver hair pulled into a large bow held by a black ribbon with four, loose sections hanging loose. She has dark red eyes with bright red markings on top of each one and pointy ears. She wears a frilly dark grey dress with dark magenta and light pink layers. Over this is a black and crimson dress with wing-like sleeves and a two-layer skirt, with the longest reaching her feet. This is held by a gold butterfly ornament at the waist. She also wears black platform shoes with a butterfly on the ankle, red tights, black and red cuffs, and a black ribbon on the neck. She also wears turquoise earrings and her fingernails are painted black.
As Black Princess, her hair is now loose and appears floating. She wears a black and red mask with a diamond gem in the center and crimson gems on top. Her dress is black and crimson lining the torso and collar, with the skirt shaped like bat wings and a shorter gray dress underneath. She also wears black tights with red boots and gloves that resemble an ombre. In her other form, her skirt lengthens and has a black layer over it.
After Towa is purified, she regains her normal appearance. Her hair is red and curled at the ends and her eyes are pinkish-red. She wears a simple white dress with a pink layer and light red heeled shoes. She also wears a white frilly headband and a necklace with a red butterfly charm. In the movie she wore a pale pink dress and a red and dark red bolero jacket with a collar matching the dress. Her shoes are crimson with deep red socks and her headband is white with a magenta butterfly charm.
As Cure Scarlet, her hair is now bright pink with a hot pink ombre on top and is styled similarly to Twilight's, but without the bow. Her tiara is gold with three red gems on top and her earrings are also droplet-shaped. Behind her ears are pale pink feathers. The top of her dress is white and gold with a black sash accented with a gold sphere and large red feather-like sleeves. The white layer of the skirt gets longer in the left while the top red and gold layer reaches near her feet. On her upper arm are red flowing detached sleeves with a gold bangle on top and gold bracelets on each wrist. Her choker is black with a red gem, and her shoes are red and gold high heels with a feathery ribbon wrapped around the lower leg.
In mode Phoenix, the red portion of skirt moves to the center. The new skirt is bright red with a short train. It opens a little with petal shapes in the front, revealing white ruffles.
In mode Sun, her hair becomes longer and brighter with two additional curls and is decorated with hot pink sparks. Her dress is now pale pink and her sleeves are now long and flaring with a second layer and her old sleeves shortening. On the chest is a light red ribbon with a red sun-shaped brooch. The bow on the waist matches the dress with a gold sphere attached with four, pale reddish-pink ribbons that wrap around the skirt. The top skirt layer has two big white and peach-pink bows attached to white and pale pink ruffled tails and a gold orbs with a ruby sun gem. The following layer is white while the bottom is pearl pink with pink sparkles covering it. In Royal, this gains a large pink ornate lace ribbon on the back.
As Grand Princess, her hair becomes thicker. Her tiara is now more ornate with four red droplet-shaped gems resembling the ones on her old one. Her dress is light gold with a gold gradient near the bottom and long sleeves. Like the other Cures, she wears a golden cape with furry lining on top and a white choker with a matching bow. On her chest is a light red bow with a sphere in the middle also decorated with a cravat.
In her Halloween Mode Elegant, her dress is light yellow and cream-colored, with her sleeves now puffy with a layer resembling her old ones. The detached sleeves are also solid light yellow. The skirt is rounded and floor-length with a light yellow layer on top that opens to reveal two cream-colored layers. On her waist is a yellow flower with a gold orb in the middle with two leaves and two pairs of light magenta and light pink ribbons. On her head are three yellow flowers with four light green vines. Her choker also has a yellow flower.
As an adult in episode 50, she became the queen of Hope Kingdom and wore a white and red regal gown with a tiara adorned by three red jewels. Her hair has grown in length.
When Towa was a sweet young girl, she looked up to her older brother, Kanata. She dreams of becoming a Grand Princess and tries her best despite the fact that only the Princess Pretty Cure could become one of them until being brainwashed by Dyspear.
As Twilight, she seemed to take after her adoptive "mother" in terms of characteristics. In contrast to her child self, she believed that dreams are pitiful illusions that people believe in. Twilight also saw the Pretty Cures as fake princesses, and was ruthless and vain enough on calling herself "Noble, Precious, and Beauteous." Worse, she would go to extreme lengths to dishearten Haruka.
After being purified, she is shown to be somewhat naive and awkward around others and lacks social grace. She is not used to customs on Earth as she thought she could buy a castle and three housemaids. However, overall she's a kind person and cares for her friends, and she gradually learned to do her things independently even without assistance.
- Prince Kanata - She is Kanata's younger sister. They used to be close, but Towa went missing one day, causing Kanata to fall into despair. When they finally reunite, Twilight no longer remembers him, much to his dismay. During the battle between her and the Cures, she nearly defeats Kanata, but she is eventually brought back to her senses thanks in part to Kanata's violin playing and was freed from Dyspear's control and remembers him. However, their reunion was short-lived when Kanata stays behind to fight off Dyspear while Towa returned with the others to Yumegahama.
- Dyspear - Dyspear kidnapped the young Towa and brainwashed her. She even turned Towa into her daughter. As Twilight, she showed great respect for Dyspear. In episode 21, it is revealed that she is in fact not Towa's mother.
- Miss Shamour - Miss Shamour was the royal teacher of Hope Kingdom, who taught Kanata and Towa how to play the violin.
- Haruno Haruka - As Twilight, Towa saw Haruka as an enemy, even trying to dishearten her by nearly burning her The Princess of Flowers book. In episode 21, Flora still believed that Twilight had some good left in her and fought against her to bring those feelings out. In the next episode, Flora encouraged a hopeless Towa to believe in her dreams again, which in part enabled Towa to transform into Cure Scarlet. After that they have a special bond with each other and their dreams to become (Grand) Princesses.
- Mochizuki Yume - In episode 23, Yume encounters a despondent Towa when she was trying to adjust to life on Earth. The two talked over dessert before Yume tells Towa to surround her heart with warm feelings. When Yume was captured by Lock, Scarlet decided to use those warm feelings she learned from her to help free her. Later, Yume accepts Towa as a student of Noble Academy.
- Amanogawa Kirara - Episode 24 revealed that the two of them are roommates. They had a hard time getting along at first due to Towa's lack of knowledge and Kirara's busy modeling schedule. But by the end of the episode, they are friends.
- Kaido Minami - During a sleepover at Haruka's house in episode 25, she helped Towa with her fear of the darkness, which brought back memories of her time as Twilight, and taught her that she should depend on her friends and comrades. When Shut kept calling her Twilight and said that he had to eliminate her, Minami protected her, saying that she wasn't Twilight anymore, but Akagi Towa.
Towa (トワ?) means "eternity" or "immortality".
Cure Scarlet means a bright red color with a slightly orange tinge.
As a child she was known as Princess Towa. She dreamed of being a Grand Princess. Though her brother Prince Kanata told her how only the Princess Pretty Cure could become Grand Princesses, that did not stop her from trying. As a child, she would play the violin with her brother. One day, sensing her desire to become a Grand Princess, Dyspear appeared and told her that she could help her become one. Towa accepts her offer, not knowing that she was going to become a pawn in Dyspear's plan to conquer Hope Kingdom. Dyspear actually trapped her inside the Forest of Despair as part of that plan. Soon after, the citizens of Hope Kingdom fell into despair because of Towa going missing, making it easier to Dyspear to take over as she fed on that despair. Dyspear then decided to brainwash Towa and let her assume the name Twilight.
Her Last Battle Against the Cures and Her Purification
When the Cures, along with Kanata, arrived at Hope Kingdom, Twilight greeted them. Kanata recognized her as Towa and tried to talk to her, but she does not remember him and wants to destroy them. Using a Dark Princess Perfume, she becomes the Black Princess. She nearly defeats the Cures and Kanata, but Flora continued to fight back, still believing that the real her was deep inside. The Cures used Trinity Explosion in an attempt to purify her, and with the help of Kanata's violin playing reawakening her memories, Towa was freed from Dyspear's control. The Cures, along with a weakened Towa, then escaped Hope Kingdom, with Kanata staying behind to fend off an enraged Dyspear.
Making Amends and Becoming Cure Scarlet
The girls brought Towa to Noble Academy and she stayed in Kirara's dorm room. While sleeping, she had a nightmare of Twilight, and she woke up scared. Taking her black keys, she went for a walk in the campus. Then she saw Haruka playing the violin and remembered her memories with Kanata. Haruka wanted to give Kanata's violin to her, but she felt unworthy because of her actions in the past. As they conversed, Dyspear suddenly appeared and made Towa fall deeper into despair and trapped her and Kanata's violin in a cage of thorns, feeding on that despair. As Minami and Kirara arrived, the three of them, along with Haruka, transformed and fought against Dyspear in order to rescue Towa. Flora was able to enter the cage thanks to the help of her friends and saw the violin as well as a hopeless Towa. She spoke to Towa and she was moved by Flora's words. Flora decided to play her own violin to deliver her feelings to Towa, just like how Kanata did in the last battle and Towa was moved by her words and she took back Kanata's violin. The two of them played and their melodies combined into one, causing them to break free from the cage. Towa announced she was not going to despair anymore, but Dyspear knocked her back with thorns. As she was falling, she looked back at what she had done as Twilight and decided to carry the weight of her sins and resume her dream of becoming a Grand Princess as the blue fire that came to her aid turned red, purifying her Princess Perfume and Dress Up Keys. With one of those keys, she transformed into Cure Scarlet and easily defeats the clones and using her weapon Scarlet Violin, she uses Phoenix Blaze to attack Dyspear and force her to retreat. After the battle ended, she says that she knows Kanata is still alive because she felt it through the violin.
Life in Yumegahama and Noble Academy
After her first battle as Scarlet, Towa tries to get used to life on Earth. The Cures took her on a tour of Yumegahama to help her do so. After buying a new outfit, checking out art galleries and taking pictures with the others, she sat down to enjoy a donut, but she reveals that she couldn't enjoy herself with Hope Kingdom still being under Dys Dark's rule. She leaves and begins going around town herself, still unsure of the customs of her new home. She stops traffic, tries to purchase a castle and even tries to look for a job. In the end, she seemed to have given up when Yume spots her sitting on a bench in the park and the two go to a cafe to eat and talk things over. Yume tells her to surround herself with warm feelings and to stay positive. Just then, Yume was targeted by Lock and he uses her despair to summon a Zetsuborg. Towa transforms into Cure Scarlet to try to save her. Throughout the battle, Lock still refers to Scarlet as Twilight, or the Princess of Despair, and taunts her. Scarlet couldn't defeat the Zetsuborg on her own, and to make matters worse, Lock powers it up and feeds on even more of Yume's despair. Just as Scarlet was about to be defeated, the other Cures show up. Scarlet was still discouraged, believing that all she does is make everyone despair no matter whose side she was on, but Flora tells her that good and bad experiences can be shared with everyone and hugs her. Scarlet also embraces Flora and decides to officially join the team before defeating the Zetsuborg and freeing Yume. After the battle, they all returned to Noble Academy to speak to the headmistress, who they were all surprised to find out was Yume herself. She then enrolls Towa as a student.
Reuniting with Kanata and the Promise to Restore Hope Kingdom
In episode 40, Towa is happy that her brother, Kanata, regained his memories as a prince and they start reacquainting. She shows Kanata everything she has learned in Earth at Noble Academy and also shows him the Scarlet Violin. As they continue, the Royal Key reacts and inserts itself into Towa's Princess Perfume and seconds later, the entire group found themselves in Hope Kingdom. Because of Dys Dark's further influence over it, the once flourishing kingdom was now completely covered in vines, which scared Kuroro and causes him to run away. Towa starts to have flashbacks about her mother and father as well as what had happened to the kingdom after Dyspear lured her away. She becomes vengeful and vows to destroy Dyspear for what she had done. Dyspear sends a Zetsuborg clone of herself to attack the Cures and Scarlet charges at it recklessly. She gets beaten very badly because of this, but when she sees a tearful Kuroro returning, she remembers her parents telling her that the kingdom's citizens' emotions always reflected hers, and tells Kuroro to cheer up. With her strength and will renewed, she vows to save the kingdom and her parents before performing Scarlet Prominence to weaken the Zetsuborg, with her and the rest of the Cures purifying it. After their victory, the vines on the temple of fire started to retract, and Scarlet uses her Dress Up Keys and the Music Princess Palace to restore it and cause the red arch of the rainbow to return.
"Princess of crimson flames! Cure Scarlet!"
Shinku no honō no purinsesu! Kyua Sukāretto!
Cure Scarlet (キュアスカーレット Kyua Sukāretto?) is the Pretty Cure alter ego of Towa. She controls the power of fire and transforms with the phrase, "Pretty Cure, Princess Engage!". Her main attack is Phoenix Blaze, which she can only perform while in her Mode Elegant and has her Scarlet Violin.
- Phoenix Blaze (フェニックスプレイズ Fenikkusu Bureizu?) is Cure Scarlet's main attack. To perform it, she needs the Scarlet Violin and the Phoenix Dress Up Key. It made its debut in episode 22.
- Scarlet Illusion (スカーレットイリュージョン Sukāretto Iryūjon?) is an attack that Cure Scarlet can use as long as she has her Scarlet Violin and Hanabi Dress Up Key.
- Scarlet Spark (スカーレットスパーク Sukāretto Supāku?) is an attack that Cure Scarlet can use as long as she has her Scarlet Violin and Hanabi Dress Up Key.
- Scarlet Flame (スカーレットフレイム Sukāretto Fureimu?) is an attack that Cure Scarlet can use as long as she has her Scarlet Violin and Scarlet Dress Up Key.
- Éclat Espoir (エクラエスポワール Ekura Esupowāru?) is Cure Scarlet's first group attack that she performs with Cure Flora, Cure Mermaid and Cure Twinkle, where she needs the Music Princess Palace and her Premium Sun Dress Up Key.
- Grand Printemps (グランプランタン Guran Purantan?) is Cure Scarlet's second group attack that she performs with Cure Flora, Cure Mermaid and Cure Twinkle, where she needs the Music Princess Palace and the Royal Key.
- Scarlet Prominence (スカーレットプロミネンス Sukāretto Purominensu?) is Cure Scarlet's main attack that she performs with the Music Princess Palace and her Premium Sun Dress Up Key. It is first used in episode 40.
- Grand Libération (グランリベラシオン Guran Riberashion?) is Cure Scarlet's third group attack that she performs with Cure Flora, Cure Mermaid and Cure Twinkle, where she needs to be in her Grand Princess form.
- Halloween Eclair (ハロウィンエクレール Harou~in Ekurēru?) is Cure Scarlet's fourth group attack that she performs with Cure Flora, Cure Mermaid and Cure Twinkle, where she needs to be in her Mode Elegant Halloween form.
Twilight (トワイライト Towairaito?) was the evil alter ego of Towa. She became Twilight when Dyspear said she could make her dream of being a Grand Princess come true. As Twilight she is Dys Dark's Princess. She has her own catch phrase "Noble, Precious, and Beauteous."
In episode 18, Dyspear gives her a new Dress Up Key, which Twilight inserts into a staff and makes her more powerful. She could trap people in tablets with it and draws out their despair to give her even more power. However, the staff was destroyed thanks to Cure Flora's own new Dress Up Key. She can also conjure a temporary dimension using this key and her staff.
In episode 20, Dyspear gives her another Dress Up Key in which she can insert inside a Princess Perfume and transform into the Black Princess. In this form, her powers were equivalent to those of a Pretty Cure, even having a Mode Elegant.
Towa's voice actor, Sawashiro Miyuki, has participated in several image songs for the character she voices. Many of them include duets with Shimamura Yu, who voices Haruno Haruka, Asano Masumi, who voices Kaido Minami, Yamamura Hibiku, who voices Amanogawa Kirara, and Tachibana Shinnosuke, who voices Prince Kanata.
- Strongly, Gently, Beautifully. (Along with Shimamura Yu, Asano Masumi and Yamamura Hibiku)
- Conditions of Being a Princess (Along with Shimamura Yu, Asano Masumi and Yamamura Hibiku)
- Strings (Along with Tachibana Shinnosuke)
- Joyful! Pretty Cure Christmas (Along with Shimamura Yu, Asano Masumi and Yamamura Hibiku)
- Towa's birthday is December 15, making her zodiac a Sagittarius.
- As Twilight, Towa is as of now the only antagonist to have used an item a Pretty Cure also uses for fighting. Upon being freed and becoming a Pretty Cure herself, it transformed into her Dress Up Keys.
- Episode 28 reveals that Towa can't swim. This is ironically fitting, as she has power over fire as Cure Scarlet.
- She is the first Cure to have pointy ears.
- Her favourite food is a Japanese dessert named Anmitsu.
- Main page: Akagi Towa/Image Gallery
|V • T • EGo! Princess Pretty Cure characters|
|Cures||Haruno Haruka/Cure Flora • Kaido Minami/Cure Mermaid • Amanogawa Kirara/Cure Twinkle • Akagi Towa/Cure Scarlet • Past Princess Pretty Cure|
|Mascots||Pafu • Aroma • Miss Shamour • Kuroro|
|Villains||Dyspear • Twilight • Close • Shut • Lock • Stop & Freeze • Zetsuborg|
|Others||Prince Kanata • Nanase Yui • Haruno Moe • Haruno Ibuki • Kisaragi Reiko • Azuma Seira • Nishimine Ayaka • Shirogane-san • Amanogawa Stella • Takamagahara Ken • Bauanne Baurollo • Aihara Yuuki • Imagawa Shuu • Koshiba Naoto • Ichijo Ranko • Tachi Kyoko • Haruno Momoka • Tina • Mochizuki Yume • Kaido Wataru • Komori Hanae • Kano Sayaka • Kurita Mai • Komaki Noriko • Hirano Kenta • Furuya Riko • Kitakaze Asuka • Kaido Tsukasa • Kaido Masumi • Ijuin Kimimaro • Nishikido-san • Akehoshi Karin|
|Movie only||Pumplulu Princess • Warp • Refi • Night Pumpkin • King Pumpkin • Queen Pumpkin|