Akimoto Komachi (秋元 こまち Akimoto Komachi?) is one of the main Cures in the series Yes! Pretty Cure 5 and Yes! Pretty Cure 5 GoGo!. She is kind and shy, and also likes to read books and write. However, if she is angered enough, she will snap and release her temper. Along with her best friend, Minazuki Karen, Komachi is also a popular senior at her school. She is a volunteer at the school library, along with Karen, and often spends her time there writing stories. Her parents own a traditional Japanese sweet-shop, which has the same name as her, Komachi.
Her alter ego is the Cure of Tranquility, Cure Mint (キュアミント Kyua Minto?).
Komachi has turquoise eyes and short dark green hair worn in a low ponytail normally with a light pink headband. In GoGo!, she wore a green and mint green top along with pale green pants and dark emerald green slip-on shoes.
In Yes! Pretty Cure 5: Kagami no Kuni no Miracle Daibouken!, she wore a long hooded blue and pale gold jacket over what appears to be an emerald green dress with a pale yellow layer underneath along with brown loafers and light pink socks.
In Yes! Pretty Cure 5 GoGo!: Okashi no Kuni no Happy Birthday!, her attire consists of an emerald green dress with a pale green skirt, collar, and sleeve cuffs as well as a dark green sash. She also wears a small pink bow on her headband and pale pink tights with green shoes.
As Cure Mint, Komachi's hair turns bright green and grows in volume with two long curling strands. On her head is a large mint and dark green butterfly with a red gem. She wears a short, off-shoulder cream and green dress with a ribbon around the waist and white frills lining the skirt and sleeves along with emerald green shorts. On her chest is a green and mint butterfly with a red gem in the middle. Her arm warmers are pale yellow with turquoise butterflies on the back of the hands and her boots are emerald green with light green butterflies on the ankle. She also wears turquoise butterfly earrings.
As Super Cure Mint, the ruffles on her sleeves and boots grow longer while her skirt gains another layer. She also has large green butterfly wings.
In GoGo!, Mint keeps the butterfly hair ornament but with a lavender rose in the center. She now wears a short light green dress with puffy sleeves held by green bands and a bright green vest worn over it. The butterfly on her chest is colored the same as her old one but changes shape. Hanging from it is a gold chain connected to the CureMo on her right hip. Her arm warmers become pale yellow and green fingerless gloves with turquoise butterflies on the back of the hands while her boots slightly change style.
As Rainbow Cure Mint, her outfit is similar to Shining Dream's. She has pale pink roses on her chest and hair ornament and small golden wings.
Komachi is known for her kind, gentle, and feminine personality. She is often lost in a daydream of romance and other fantasies while searching for inspiration for her future novelist dream. She is very kind towards others and retains a calm and peaceful nature, and is also shown to be wise and polite regardless of the situation or how angry she may be. She is also very delicate and can shut-down entirely if given even the smallest critique. She seeks approval from others and enjoys showing her work to those who are interested, using her writings to reflect her true feelings when she is unable to express them openly. Komachi can also become quite creepy when telling ghost stories, as seen in episode 27 and the movie.
Minazuki Karen - Komachi's best friend is Karen, and she was also her only friend until she got to know Yumehara Nozomi. In episode 28, it was explained that the two met when they were in their first year of middle school and were performing a class project, which Karen, who was simply class representitive back then, was about to give up on. Komachi, however, inspired her to keep trying and the two succeeded, becoming best friends afterwards. After becoming a part of Pretty Cure, she gets friends with everyone, but is still formal and uses the suffix "-san" (resembling the English "Mr." and "Ms.") to everyone except Karen.
Kasugano Urara - After a certain episode in the series, Komachi gets in better terms with Urara, who both have a dream in opera performance.
Natts - Komachi has a crush on Natts' human form since YPC526 and easily blushes when she is around him. Though he often seems to notice he is not shown openly reciprocating them, and he usually causes her to end up in tears, whether it be commenting her work, making her happy, or other things. Using her novels she confesses to him during the second entry and struggles to come up with an ending, as she isn't sure how to handle leaving Natts someday and fears he will leave.
Akimoto (秋元?): A common Japanese family name. Aki (秋?) translates to "autumn", most likely referring to Cure Mint's plant-based powers and the common association of autumn and the leaves of plants turning color. Moto (元?) translates to "source".
Komachi (こまち?): Within the Yes! Pretty Cure 5 universe, Komachi was named after her family's shop, at her sister's suggestionYPC5GG20. When written in kanji as 小町 (こまち?), the name or word means "belle" or "town beauty". Komachi's name is not written in kanji, but it is worth noting that the name of the shop that she gets her name from is written as such. Her name means, "autumn source town beauty." or "autumn source belle."
Cure Mint: Plants in the mint family are known for their calming properties therefore establishing a link between Komachi being the Cure of tranquility and her name.
When Komachi was younger, her older sister Madoka used to make shira dango for her. She wrote Madoka a thank you letter after seeing how happy she was after reading it. Komachi chose to be an author when she grows up. A long time later, she was in class with Karen when she said that the class project is canceled. Komachi told her not to give up and rethink things. She then helps Karen to find another factory. It may have taken a long time but they did find one and they made some brochures. After they were done they became best friends and Komachi kept a brochure as a token of when they became best friends.
Yes! Pretty Cure 5
Suspicious of Nozomi, Rin, and Urara, Komachi and Karen agreed to question the trio. Meanwhile, she starts to worry when gossip starts to spread about the school library. When confronting them, Nozomi brings up Pretty Cure but neither girl believed them and take off, although Komachi was interested in the "story they made up". After Nozomi encourages her dream of becoming a novelist, Komachi requests to learn more about Pretty Cure. Komachi finds herself growing closer to believing her, when Arachnea opens up the manhole and the girls fall down into the sewers. After Nozomi transforms into Cure Dream, Komachi is surprised as she witnesses this, along with Rin and Urara after they change into Pretty Cure after escaping. Arachnea angers Komachi when she criticizes how worthless a dream is, and after watching Dream suffer for trying to defend her, the green butterfly appears and allows her to turn into Cure Mint. Throughout the season, Komachi works on her novel and has a budding romance with Natts. She seeks his approval with her work and improves as the time passes.
Yes! Pretty Cure 5 GoGo!
Yasuragi no midori no daichi, Kyua Minto!
Super Cure MintSuper Cure Mint (スーパーキュアミント Sūpā Kyua Minto?) is the upgrade Cure Mint receives in Yes! Pretty Cure 5: Kagami no Kuni no Miracle Daibouken!, thanks to the Miracle Lights. Her powers are now increased. She can now fly with her butterfly wings. Her sleeves are now frillier. Her dress has an extra row of frills and her arm warmers are now longer. Her boots are now wider.
Cure Rainbow Mint
Cure Rainbow Mint (キュアレインボー キュアミント Kyua Reinbō Minto?) is an upgrade Cure Mint gains in Pretty Cure All Stars DX 2: Kibou no Hikari - Rainbow Jewel o Mamore!. Together with the others' upgrades, the group of seventeen girls form the group Cure Rainbow. This upgraded outfit resembles that of Shining Dream from Yes! Pretty Cure 5 GoGo!: Okashi no Kuni no Happy Birthday!, except with the color green instead of pink and a pair of small golden wings instead of grand white ones.
Pretty Cure Metamorphose - Komachi's official transformation phrase to transform into Cure Mint in Yes! Pretty Cure 5 and Yes! Pretty Cure 5 GoGo!. In Yes! Pretty Cure 5, Komachi's Pinky Catch opens and she shouts, "Pretty Cure..." She makes a circular motion with her arm and shouts, "...metamorphose!" Her body is then covered by a green glow. Her top and brooch appear first, followed by her arm warmers, skirt and boots. Her hair lengthens and gets styled, her Pinky Catch closes and Cure Mint recites her introductory speech. In Yes! Pretty Cure 5 GoGo!, Komachi's CureMo opens and she presses the buttons while saying, "Pretty Cure metamorphose!" The CureMo screen glows and green light surrounds her body. A green tunnel appears with light showing at the end. Komachi appears with her body covered in green light and leaves surround her. Her Cure Mint outfit appears shortly afterwards and she flies down. She opens her eyes and Cure Mint recites her introductory speech.
- Mint Protection (ミントプロテクション?): Cure Mint crosses her arms with her item in front of her, raises her arms and produces a green dome to protect anyone inside of it.
- Mint Shield (ミントシールド?): It's the upgraded version of Mint Protection. Green light from Cure Mint's butterfly bow shines, whereas the light follows her right arm. When it has reached her fingertips, the Mint Leaf appears. Cure Mint crosses her arms with her item in front of her. She raises her arms, the leaves on her item glow, and produces a much stronger dome capable of expanding and crushing the enemy.
- Emerald Saucer (エメラルドソーサー?): Cure Mint makes fists with both hands and crosses them in front of her chest, causing the butterfly-shaped emblem to glow in her signature color. Green fragments of light gather around her before she raises her hand, collecting all the light above her palm, making the light shape itself like a sharp circle. When the circle hits, a green butterfly appears, purifying the Hoshina.
- Five Explosion (ファイブエクスプロージョン?): This is a group attack she performs with the other Cures during Yes! Pretty Cure 5. To perform it, they need the Symphony Set and for Milk's willpower to be at its peak. For this attack, they ram the enlarged set into the enemy to purify it.
- Rainbow Rose Explosion (レインボーローズエクスプロージョン?): This is a group attack she performs with the other Cures during Yes! Pretty Cure 5 GoGo! For it, they need the Cure Fleurets. The attack itself has them summoning roses in their respective theme colors that combine to purify the enemy.
Komachi's voice actor Nagano Ai, has participated in several image songs for the character she voices. Many of them include duets with Sanpei Yuko, who voices Yumehara Nozomi, Takeuchi Junko, who voices Natsuki Rin, Ise Mariya, who voices Kasugano Urara, Maeda Ai, who voices Minazuki Karen, and later, Sendai Eri, who voices Milk/Mimino Kurumi.
- Metamorphose ~Young Girls LOVE&DREAM~ (Along with Sanpei Yuko, Takeuchi Junko, Ise Mariya, and Maeda Ai)
- 1.2. Shoot! ~Five Explosion~ (Along with Sanpei Yuko, Takeuchi Junko, Ise Mariya, and Maeda Ai) *A Child's Time (Along with Maeda Ai)
- And Then, The World Keeps Expanding (Along with Maeda Ai)
- Tomorrow, A Flower Blooms. Smiles, Bloom. (Along with Sanpei Yuko, Takeuchi Junko, Ise Mariya, Maeda Ai, and also Sendai Eri)
- Shine 5 Hearts (Along with Sanpei Yuko, Takeuchi Junko, Ise Mariya, and Maeda Ai)
- In the Pretty Cure All Stars Suite Flower Card Collection, Komachi is represented by the calla, which symbolizes a tidy and graceful personality in the Language of Flowers.
- For the Pretty Cure All Stars DX3 Movie Character Polls held by Toei Animation, Cure Mint appeared in the following rankings:
- 2nd in "The Pretty Cure you want to bake with most"
- Komachi's name is used as the shop's name, because, according to Komachi's sister Madoka, her cheeks were as puffed up as dumplings when she was little.
- Komachi appeared as Cure Mint to give the 10th anniversary congratulatory message at the beginning of episode 13 in Happiness Charge Pretty Cure!.
- Komachi shares the same voice actress with her sister and Takenouchi Yoshimi, a supporting character from Futari wa Pretty Cure and Futari wa Pretty Cure Max Heart; as well as Seekun the Heartiel, also from Max Heart.
- Komachi's birthday is March 10th, making her star sign Pisces.
- Main Page: Akimoto Komachi/Image Gallery
|V • T • EYes! Pretty Cure 5 characters|
|Cures||Yumehara Nozomi/Cure Dream • Natsuki Rin/Cure Rouge • Kasugano Urara/Cure Lemonade • Akimoto Komachi/Cure Mint • Minazuki Karen/Cure Aqua • (Mimino Kurumi/Milky Rose)|
|Mascots||Coco • Natts • Milk • (Syrup) • Pinkies • (Mailpo) • (Four Rulers)|
|Nightmare||Kowaina • Girinma • Gamao • Arachnea • Bunbee • Bloody • Hadenya • Kawarino • Desperaia|
|Eternal||Hoshina • Scorp • Bunbee • Nebatakos • Isohgin • Yadokhan • Shibiretta • Mucardia • Anacondy • Boss|
|Others||Yumehara Tsutomu • Yumehara Megumi • Natsuki Kazuyo • Natsuki Yu • Natsuki Ai • Kasugano Michel • Kasugano Heizou • Kasugano Maria • Washio Kouta • Akimoto Madoka • Minazuki Taro • Minazuki Minako • Jii-ya/Sakamoto • Masuko Mika • Otaka-san • The Headmaster • Kudou Mayu • Miyamoto Kanako • (Four Rulers) • (Flora)|
|Movie only||Dark Pretty Cure 5 • Shadow • Migirin • Hidarin • (Chocola) • (Mushiban) • (Dry) • (Bitter) • (Queen Dessert)|