Aono Miki (蒼乃 美希 Aono Miki?) is one of the four main Cures in the series Fresh Pretty Cure!. She is a 14-year-old schoolgirl at Private Torigoe Academy for exceptionally talented performers. She is good at sports and has a great sense of fashion. She is a hardworking, confident, but kind and modest girl who dreams of becoming a model and tries to maintain this in the public eye. When thoroughly pleased with herself, or a situation, she'll use the catchphrase "I'm perfect!" (あたし、完璧！ Atashi, kanpeki!?). Her alter ego is Cure Berry (キュアベリー Kyua Berī?).
Miki is the tallest of the Fresh Pretty Cure! team. She has sharp indigo eyes and long violet waist-length hair worn with a white headband. At times she may wear her hair in a ponytail. Casually she wears a sky blue and navy top with ribbon stitching, denim shorts, black boots that stop below the knee, and a thin white scarf. In the movie, she wears a navy blue top with a pale blue pencil skirt that has suspenders along with a sky blue jacket and lavender boots.
For dance, she wears a blue and white sweat jacket with an upturned collar over a light blue shirt with matching sweatpants and blue and white sneakers.
As Cure Berry, her eyes turn blue and her hair turns lavender, worn in a thick puffy ponytail styled to the left. Her headband gains a large blue heart on the left. Her outfit is two-piece, composed of a short light blue top with blue stitching on the top and ruffled sleeves, and a short blue miniskirt with a white layer under it along with a long blue ribbon on the right and her Linkrun on the left. On the left side of her chest is a multicolored four-leaf clover. Her boots are blue and white with long deep blue stockings underneath. Her accessories include blue upside-down heart-shaped earrings, a matching choker, and dark blue wristbands with bows on top and blue borders.
As Cure Angel, most of her outfit turns lighter blue while her wristbands, sleeves, ribbon, and the back of her skirt grow longer. Her stockings have an additional light blue band on top while the clover on her chest now has a fifth white leaf. Her wings are glider-like and resemble ice shards.
Miki is an elegant and mature girl who tries to keep a flawless and graceful side of herself openly at all times. She is naturally charming and enjoys teasing those she cares for, showing a sense of humor despite her more serious nature in comparison to her friends. Since she was little, she dreamed of becoming a supermodel and is very social - to the point of struggling with those who lack social skills.
Despite her outward perfectionist streak, she is also kind and modest. She is calm, but not always as she shows a lack of patience when it comes to something new she may not be familiar with, which can cause her to lash out or get worked up.
- Ichijo Kazuki: Miki loves her brother, Kazuki, dearly, and spends time with him when she can. She dotes on him and values their relationship.
- Aono Remi: Remi is her mother. She and Miki are shown teasing each other, and while Remi tries to be a good mother towards Miki, they are shown to have a strained relationship at times.
- Momozono Love: Miki has been friends with Love since they were children. She can be strict with Love sometimes but always means well. They have a few traits in common.
- Yamabuki Inori: Miki has been friends with Inori since they were children, and like the rest of her friends, she calls Inori 'Buki'. She is understanding and supportive of her.
- Higashi Setsuna: At first, she sees Setsuna is lacking experience in social skills and did not get along with her as easily as the others did. After Setsuna helped her, she realizes that she has a kind heart, and at the end of episode 33, they became closer to each other.
Aono (蒼乃?): Ao (蒼?) means blue, an obvious reference to her color scheme. No (乃?) indicates the possessive form, but in this case, is probably only included as a common component in Japanese surnames rather than having any special meaning having to do with Miki's powers or personality.
Her name means: "The blue beautiful hope."
Miki leaves Love after bringing up a "date" she has with Kazuki and ignores Love's requests to join her dance lessons. After Kazuki falls sick during a Nakewameke attack, Miki tries to get him to safety when Burun, the Pickrun who earlier found her, goes into her cellphone, allowing her to turn into Cure Berry. Berry gets Kazuki into an ambulance and she goes to combat the Nakewameke. With help from Cure Peach, they defeat it. Miki then joins Love with dance lessons, unaware that Inori is looking at them in envy.
Miki has always aspired to be a top model, so when she gets the chance to audition, she happily goes for it. Halfway through the audition, however, she realizes if she passes she has to quit dancing and Pretty Cure and stop seeing her friends. During the final stage, a Nakewameke attacks the park where Love and Inori are. She sneaks out of the building she is auditioning in and gets to the girls with help from Kaoru. Thanks to Cure Berry, the team defeats the Nakewameke.
After Cure Peach and Cure Pine have received their "Fresh" upgrades of their powers, Miki decides to babysit Chiffon in order to be equal with them. Knowing nothing about how to make a baby happy, however, she tries to appeal to her to no avail. One day, Miki brings Chiffon to Private Torigoe Academy. When Chiffon wanders off during a photoshoot, Miki becomes frantic and searches all over for her. She finds Chiffon with the other girls, and after yelling at her for running off, hugs her in tears. Touched by this, Chiffon summons Burun and it gains an upgrade. During a fight with Westar's sandwich Nakewameke, she calls upon her Pickrun's power, receiving the Berry Sword and defeats the Nakewameke.
It is Miki who gives Love the initiative to consider fighting Eas, as she tells her that Setsuna is the enemy. Inori tries to stop her from being cold to her friend, but the two go and look for Love after she runs out of her room. They find Cure Peach fighting Eas, and witness Setsuna's rebirth as Cure Passion. Days later, a tower Nakewameke attacks the city, getting Miki's attention. She transforms to Cure Berry and meets Pine along the way, both help Cure Peach deflect a missile heading for Cure Passion. The three welcome Cure Passion to the team after Westar retreats.
One day when both Inori and Love cannot spend time with Miki, she ends up spending the day with Setsuna, who she initially struggles to socialize with, because of Setsuna's lack of social skills. After having a heart-to-heart talk with Setsuna about their own fears, with her sharing her traumatic past about octopuses, Miki learns that Setsuna really cares about her along with Love and Inori. After the battle with an octopus Nakewameke, Miki has become closer friends with Setsuna.
"The blue heart is the emblem of hope. Freshly-gathered, Cure Berry!"
Buruu no hāto wa kibō no shirushi. Tsumitate furesshu, Kyua Berī!
Cure Berry (キュアベリー Kyua Berī?) appears for the first time when Miki's will to save her brother overpowers the Nakewameke. When transformed, Berry, like Cure Peach, gets into another state of mind where she saves Kazuki from the building, jumps down to the ambulance, and tells them to take him to the hospital. After that, she fights alongside Cure Peach to defeat the Nakewameke. Berry's theme color is blue, and her suit symbol is the spade. Her Pickrun, Burun, is blue and wears a crown on its head.
Cure Berry can use the attack Espoir Shower, which is later upgraded to Espoir Shower Fresh after getting the Berry Sword. In the spin-off movie, she, Cure Peach and Cure Pine combined their normal attacks into something they called Triple Fresh. Later than half-through the season, Pretty Cure uses the power of the Clover Box to use the group attack Lucky Clover Grand Finale, in which Cure Berry transfers her powers into the Espoir Leaf.
"The white heart is the heart of everyone! Freshly-flapping, Cure Angel!"
Howaito hāto wa minna no kokoro! Habatake Furesshu, Kyua Enjeru!
Cure Angel (キュアエンジエル Kyua Enjeru?) is a second Cure form Pretty Cure gains in the series thanks to the people of Labyrinth. When transforming, the four-leaf clover brooch acquires a fifth white leaf, representing the final transformation.
Cure Rainbow Berry
Cure Rainbow Berry (キュアレインボーベリー Kyua Reinbō Berī?) is an upgrade Cure Berry gains in Pretty Cure All Stars DX 2: Kibou no Hikari - Rainbow Jewel o Mamore!. Together with the others' upgrades, the group of seventeen girls form the group Cure Rainbow. This upgraded outfit resembles that of Cure Angel in the season's finale, except with a pair of small, golden wings instead of white ones.
Change, Pretty Cure! Beat up! - "Change, Pretty Cure! Beat up!" is the official transformation phrase used by Miki to transform into Cure Berry in Fresh Pretty Cure.
First, she opens her Linkrun, touches the button and the screen glows blue. She shouts, "Change! Pretty Cure..." Then her hair ornaments disappear and she puts her foot down. She shouts, "...Beat up!" and she spins around. She begins to slide along the ground and her brooch appears. Next, her top and skirt appear. Her hair changes from violet to lavender and gets styled. Her boots, wristbands, and earrings appear next. Cure Berry then lands onto the ground and recites her introductory speech.
To transform into Cure Angel, she shouts, "Change, Pretty Cure! Beat up!" and her normal Pretty Cure outfit disappears. She starts to spin around, and white light creates her dress, shoes, wristbands, and angel wings for her. Then, she recites her introductory speech with the other Angel Cures.
- Espoir Shower (エスポワールシャワー?): Cure Berry uses her fingers to form a spade, and the empty space begins to glow blue. A blue stream of light shaped like a spade spreads to hit the enemy and purifies it.
- Espoir Shower Fresh (エスポワールシャワーフレッシュ?): Cure Berry swings her Berry Sword downward, then holds her weapons sideways as she recites the first half of the incantation. Then she turns it upside down and presses the buttons on the sword. The adornment will glow and she swings the rod while saying the second half of the incantation. She traces a spade with the sword, that spade gets filled with energy, and she thrusts the sword, sending the spade to her target. As she spins the sword around, the enemy becomes purified in a blue heart-shaped bubble.
- Triple Fresh (トリプル フレッシュ?): It is a movie-only attack used in the Fresh Pretty Cure! movie, Cure Berry performs this attack along with Cure Peach and Cure Pine, as they combine their basic attacks together.
- Lucky Clover Grand Finale (ラッキークローバー・グランドフィナーレ?): The group attack for the Fresh! season. Cure Peach calls upon the power of the Clover Box. The music box reacts and the Pretty Cure gets into formation as if starting a relay race. On the word "Go!", the four Cures run for the enemy. Cure Passion calls upon the Happiness Leaf and passes it to Cure Pine. Pine calls upon the Prayer Leaf and passes the two leaves to Cure Berry. Berry calls upon the Espoir Leaf and passes the three leaves to Peach. Peach calls upon the Lovely Leaf and a seal comprised of the clover symbol is created. Berry, Pine, and Passion jump up, and Peach throws the seal to the ground. This enlarges it and the four land on the seal, which goes through the target. Declaring the attack, the enemy is imprisoned in the crystal that gets filled with light energy. The crystal vanishes as the enemy gets purified.
Miki's voice actor, Kitamura Eri has participated in several image songs for the character she voices. Many of them include duets with Oki Kanae, who voices Momozono Love, Nakagawa Akiko, who voices Yamabuki Inori, and later also Komatsu Yuka, who voices Higashi Setsuna.
- Fresh Pretty Cure・Sun Child (Along with Oki Kanae, Nakagawa Akiko, and also Komatsu Yuka)
- Dreaming Flowers (Along with Oki Kanae, Nakagawa Akiko, Komatsu Yuka, and also Iizuka Mayumi)
- Happiness☆Wonderland ~The Gift Of Smiles~ (Along with Oki Kanae, Nakagawa Akiko, Komatsu Yuka, and also M*Cube)
- In the Pretty Cure All Stars Suite Flower Card Collection, Miki is represented by the purple wild radish flower, which symbolizes a serious and strong personality in the Language of Flowers.
- Miki's blood type is type A.
- Cure Berry is the only Cure in Fresh Pretty Cure! with a Cure name that starts with the letter B (Cure Berry), Cures Peach, Pine, and Passion all have Cure names that start with P.
- Miki appeared as Cure Berry to give the 10th anniversary congratulatory message at the beginning of episode 16 of Happiness Charge Pretty Cure!.
- Episode 33 revealed that she is afraid of octopuses due to a traumatic experience she had as a child.
- Main Page: Aono Miki/Image Gallery