Arisugawa Himari (有栖川ひまり Arisugawa Himari?) is one of the six main Cures in KiraKira☆Pretty Cure A La Mode, who is a second year middle school student. She is known to be as fast and light as a "squirrel".
Himari's alter ego is Cure Custard (キュアカスタード Kyua Kasutādo?), the Pretty Cure of intelligence and courage, and she is based off pudding and squirrels.
Himari has a petite frame and brown eyes to match her long hair, which is worn in low braided tails with short bangs. She wears a white long-sleeved top with a yellow shirt over it with a pair of cherries hanging from a green ribbon. She also wears a long pale green skirt, and brown boots with dark blue socks. During summer, she wears a pale yellow dress with sky blue stripes and a pair of orange Mary-Janes, while in winter she wears a goldenrod turtleneck with an orange jumper and brown boots. At times this is paired with orange gloves, a tan hat, and yellow coat.
In the movie, she wears a light orange long-sleeved top with an orange jumper and brown boots. At the party she tied her hair into one long braid, donning a yellow and mint dress with white gloves and orange shoes.
As Cure Custard, her now orange hair is worn in a curled side-tail to accent the strands by her ears. She wears a decorated pudding on a white headband, along with a red choker with cherries hanging from it to match her earrings. She gains orange squirrel ears and a large tail. Her yellow dress is trim with white ruffles and she has a pale yellow chest bow. On her hip is a dark orange bow where her Sweets Pact rests, and she has a brown peplum resembling caramel sauce. She also gains orange shoes with yellow squirrel toe frontal section and ankle straps, yellow stockings, and white opera gloves with a red cuff.
As Super Cure Custard, her hair pudding is slightly modified and her choker has become a pastel yellow bow. Her dress turns white, while her sleeve cuff, shoes, and second layer of her pleat skirt turn pastel yellow. Her waist bow lightens in color and her peplum is off-white with a long cape-like segment in the back. The cherries on her bow are larger, and she has gained wings.
In A La Mode Style, her hair is worn loose and her headband is replaced by a fluffy pale yellow cap with a yellow bow beneath her pudding. Her dress becomes a yellow ballgown with cream on the waist and bottom and large orange spheres. Her gloves are wrist-length with a fluffy cuff, and she gains a shawl with a red bow holding a large pair of cherries.
Himari is extremely shy and gentle, to the point of running away to hide from strangers, and she gets very nervous when given attention or when dealing with a large crowd. However, she loves sweets and the science behind them, and she is very knowledgeable as a result of spending a lot of time studying her sweets books. She's capable of answering questions about various sweets, and she can determine their effects on the body, earning her the nickname "Sweets Doctor". When a topic she likes comes up she's nearly impossible to stop chattering away; which in the past has driven away others. This causes her to hesitate to speak up with those unfamiliar to her.
- Usami Ichika- Himari and Ichika are close friends, being the first two Cures of their group. They go to the same school, and Ichika respects Himari for her knowledge of sweets. Ichika calls her "Himarin".
- Tategami Aoi - Despite being almost exact opposites, Himari and Aoi are good friends, and became quite close through the events of episode 35.
- Tachibana Yuu - He is the author of "The Science Of Sweets", the book Himari always carries with her. He is a mentor to Himari, sharing her passions for science and sweets and encouraging her to find what she wants to do.
Coincidentally, Himari's surname, "Arisugawa" has the word "risu" in it, which means "squirrel", though it does not necessarily mean that in the surname itself.
Cure Custard is a dessert or sweet sauce that can be found with pudding.
First Appearances and Becoming Cure Custard
In episode 1, she is seen reading a book while looking up into the sky after the cream explosion occurs, causing her to see a vision of pudding.
While Ichika is playing basketball, she completely misses the basket and runs into Himari, who is reading a book. Asked if she was alright, Himari says she was before leaving, forgetting the book she dropped- only to return after Ichika mentions it. The next day, Ichika encounters Himari in a pudding shop during a sale and they both ask for the last one, but it ends up going to a little girl who asked for it while they were trying to figure out what to do. They then decided, at Pekorin's suggestion, to make one themselves. The two of them go to the patisserie, but Ichika keeps burning the sugar. A somewhat reluctant Himari tells her what she was doing wrong and starts talking more about pudding and other sweets. This causes them to run out of time, which brings back some saddening flashbacks for Himari, who had difficulty making friends because her tendency to talk a lot drove them away, and she was afraid she was doing the same for Ichika.
The next day, she sees Ichika looking for a book in the library and returns to the patisserie later to find her trying to make the pudding again. She offers to help her out and together, they successfully create a giant one, with Ichika making a smaller one for Himari that she decorated to look like a squirrel. Suddenly, Pulupulu appeared and stole the Kirakiraru from the big pudding and transforms into his most powerful form. After Himari's pudding is targeted, Ichika transforms into Cure Whip but has a tough time against him. Himari tries to get him to stop when her pudding turns into an Animal Sweet and a Sweets Pact, allowing her to transform into Cure Custard. Using her newfound super speed, she along with Whip free the Kirakiraru and forcing Pulupulu back into his normal form. They then proceed to enjoy the pudding after the Kirakiraru returns to it. KKPCALM02
Ichika, Aoi, and Himari are requested by the shop keeper to make a promotional video and he chooses Himari to handle reporting. Her nervousness to speak openly of her love of sweets causes her much grief when it is time to record. Their videos barely pull in views and she blames herself for not properly doing her job. At KiraPati, she observes a little girl asking her mom various questions about their brand new flamingo churro, but the mother doesn't have the answers. Himari does but she begins to hesitate and they leave. After recalling how she put so much study into learning more about pudding she loved so much, and she grew to like them even more having obtained the answer she was searching for, she runs after the pair and works up the courage to yell out to them, then she breaks down the process to the little girl with terms she can understand. Knowing what made the churro like they are, the little girl is very happy and it makes her like them even more, which made Himari feel happy as well.
Following this, Julio attacks and steals the Kirakiraru. Himari transforms into Cure Custard and tells him off for misusing knowledge of sweets in such a way, and as the others tell him of how she worked hard to try making her feelings reach others. She is granted the ability to use Custard Illusion to deflect the arrow barrage sent at them. With his defeat, she begins to enjoy her role of reporter, finding it easier to express herself and speak more openly.
Chisei to Yūki wo! Rettsu・Ra・Mazemaze! Kyua Kasutādo! Dekiagari!
Cure La Mode・Decoration!: The sequence begins with Himari's Sweets Pact opening up and her reflection is shown in the mirror. She is now wearing a yellow translucent dress and she then shouts "Cure La Mode・Decoration!" and the ties on her twin-tails disappear, and her hair becomes down. Her Animal Sweet appears and she then shouts "Pudding!" as she grabs it and inserts it into the pact. Then a small light pink beater-like pen appears, which she takes and presses the light pink stars, saying "wisdom" when pressing the first one and "courage" after pressing the second one. Beams of yellow and magenta-colored light respectively shine from the small bowl-like part of the pact after she presses them. She then shouts "Let's・La・Mix It All Up!" as she uses the stylus to mix the two lights together, which spin around and coalesce into a custard-like substance. Part of it becomes a giant pudding that Himari stands on top up as caramelized sugar swirls above her.
The pudding lifts her into the air and her hair becomes orange. She is wearing a yellow and light yellow dress with a dark orange choker. The brown part of the skirt then appears on top with yellow ribbons on the bodice and the back of her neck appearing next. Her hair is then styled into a ponytail on the left side. The custard covers Himari's arms, forming her gloves. Then, using more of the custard from the pen, her pudding-shaped hat appears followed by her earrings and the apple-shaped beads hanging from her choker. She then swirls more custard around, and her Animal Sweet appears, which helps her squirrel tail to appear and her boots to form. She then puts a couple more dollops of it on her head, making her ears appear. Her Sweets Pact falls into the pouch on her hip. After turning and doing a squirrel-like pose, Custard jumps off of the pudding and does a couple of flips before landing on another pudding and striking her finishing pose.
- Kirakira♪Kiraru:The main method of attack used by the Cures, which manifests in the form of magical batter within the Sweets Pact. As Cure Custard, Himari has shown she has the ability to:
- Launch large yellow energy blasts from her wand.
- Use the batter to manifest large sticky rope-like structures that keep the foe in place.
- Combine her batter with Gelato's and Whip's to perform a group attack.
- Three・2・Wonderful A La Mode! (スイー・２・ワンダフルアラモード！?) is the group attack Cure Custard performs with the other four Cures. To perform it, she must use the Candy Rod.
- Custard Illusion (カスタードイリュージョン?) is the first solo sub attack that Cure Custard uses. She first performs it in episode 13. To use it, she must use the Candy Rod.
- Animal Go Round! (アニマルゴーランド！?) is the group attack Cure Custard performs with the other five Cures. To perform it, she must use the Kirakiraru Creamer and her Crystal Animal.
- Fantastic Animale (ファンタスティックアニマーレ！?) is the group attack Cure Custard performs with the other five Cures. To perform it, she must she must use the Kirakiraru Creamer and her Crystal Animal and be in her A La Mode Style.
Himari's voice actress, Fukuhara Haruka, has participated in several image songs for the character she voices. Many of them include duets with Miyama Karen, who voices Usami Ichika, Muranaka Tomo, who voices Tategami Aoi, Fujita Saki, who voices Kotozume Yukari, Mori Nanako, who voices Kenjou Akira, and Minase Inori, who voices Kirahoshi Ciel.
- Let's・La・Cookin'☆Showtime ~KIRAKIRA☆Patisserie・Version~ (Along with Miyama Karen, Muranaka Tomo, Fujita Saki, Mori Nanako and Minase Inori)
- Mémoire・Mille-feuille (Along with Miyama Karen, Muranaka Tomo, Fujita Saki, Mori Nanako and Minase Inori)
- Happiness☆Flavor (Along with Muranaka Tomo)
- Himari's birthday is on April 16th, making her Zodiac sign Aries.
- She is the first yellow Cure to join the team as the second member.
- Himari is the first main human Cure in the franchise whose family situation is completely unknown. Other main Cures are either shown to have at least one visible family member, such as a parent or sibling, or are not originally human, like Siren and Milk.
- During episode 33 of Tropical-Rouge, Himari can be seen in a video suggestion when the Cures are watching a video on ToRobu site.
- Main Page: Arisugawa Himari/Image Gallery
|V • T • EKiraKira☆Pretty Cure A La Mode characters|
|Cures||Usami Ichika/Cure Whip • Arisugawa Himari/Cure Custard • Tategami Aoi/Cure Gelato • Kotozume Yukari/Cure Macaron • Kenjou Akira/Cure Chocolat • Kirahoshi Ciel/Cure Parfait|
|Mascots||Pekorin • Chourou • Kirarin • Pikario|
|Villains||Kirakiraru Thieves • Noir • Julio • Bibury • Elisio • Grave • Diable|
|Others||Usami Genichirou • Usami Satomi • Izumi Wataru • Nakano Hiroki • Kagurazaka Risa • Mitsuoka Junko • Sonobe Kei • Yokogawa Ryuuta • Asaka Sara • Misaki Ayane • Himukai Mariko • Kenjou Miku • Kenjou Tomi • Kodama Emiru • Tatsumi Daisuke • Nakamura Midori • Grocery Shop Owner • Mizushima Mitsuyoshi • Kotozume Shino • Tachibana Yuu • Prince Nata • Three-star Kitty|
|Movie only||Jean-Pierre Zylberstein • Cook|