Coco (ココ?) is one of the mascots in Yes! Pretty Cure 5 and Yes! Pretty Cure 5 GoGo!. He has the unique ability to transform into a human at will. When in human form, he is the teacher of L'École des Cinq Lumières in order to be close to the Pretty Cure while also searching for the Pinkies for the Dream Collet in order to get a friend of his back and to save his kingdom. When in his fairy form, he ends his sentences with "~coco".
Coco is a beige fox-like fairy. He has triangular ears, a salmon-red tuff on his head, and round blue eyes with black lashes. He has fluffy fur around his neck and a puffy round tail.
As Kokoda Koji, he is tall and has short brown hair. He normally wears a white shirt and blue trousers, and sometimes wears a blue vest.
Coco is kind and caring who trusts people rather easily and is ready to reveal his mascot form to save innocent people. As a human, he's calm, wise and nice, but as a fairy, he is very energetic. He enjoys hanging out with his friends but worries about his kingdom and Natts. He would go to great lengths just to protect those he cares about. Even though he's kind, he sometimes gets mad and is strict towards anyone who does something wrong or drastic.
- Natts: Coco's best friend and a fellow prince of the Palmier Kingdom. When Natts is released from the Dream Collet, they have a hard time communicating, as Natts had lost his trust in others. But over time, they gradually become friends again. Whenever Natts is in danger or in a weakened state, Coco is usually the first one to help him. Sometimes, tension can form between the pair when Natts is jealous of Coco, as shown when Natts is unable to help Pretty Cure in their battles.
- Yumehara Nozomi: At first, Coco views Nozomi as a great ally and friend, and gets easily embarrassed if people thought he had a crush on her. The pair are always together with Coco wanting to protect her. But as the series goes on, he begins to form a special bond with Nozomi. He is able to sense when Nozomi is nearby but he is afraid to tell her how he feels as he knows that he will have to part ways with everyone when the Palmier Kingdom is restored. In Yes! Pretty Cure 5 GoGo!, he admits that he does have a crush on Nozomi and was even kissed by her in the movie so he could be snapped out of his mind control.
- Princess Crepe: Crepe got engaged to him when she and Coco were children, but Coco doesn't share the same romantic feelings and knows that it is merely a cultural misunderstanding between them. He later rejects her but still remains her friend.
Kokoda (小々田?): Kokoda is a pun of his real name, as when spoken, it could be translated as "I am Coco" in Japanese.
Yes! Pretty Cure 5
Coco was one of the princes of the Palmer Kingdom. He tried to help the citizens and protect the kingdom but unfortunately, his kingdom was attacked by Nightmare when Natts was tricked into letting them in. He was able to escape into the human world.
He took on the identity of Kokoda Koji to find the Dream Collet and the pinkies. One day, he accidentally meets Nozomi when she is trying to catch the bus. He keeps her from falling and talks with her before sensing the enemy.
Later that day, he shows up at Nozomi's school and finds the Dream Collet in a wooden box shaped like a book. Nozomi tries to keep the box away from Kokoda because she thought he was trying to steal it from the library. However, they are attacked and he turns into his fairy form. He explains to Nozomi about how to become a Pretty Cure and that there are four more. As the series progresses and the Cures are gathered, Coco acts like a mentor. He also starts to develop a strong relationship with Nozomi which is shown in many episodes, which eventually blooms into full romance in the sequel. During the final episodes, he learns that the rest of the citizens of the Palmier kingdom fell into despair. Instead of falling into despair like Kawarino expected, he expresses joy that they survived and his hopes that they will be able to rebuild the kingdom.
After sealing Desperaia, he along with the rest of the citizens, return to the kingdom of Palmier along with the butterflies that granted the Cures their powers.
Yes! Pretty Cure 5 Go Go!
Coco met Syrup who had amnesia when he stumbled into Palmier Kingdom. He tried his best to help Syrup find the garden, but no matter what he did, he led Syrup nowhere. Syrup was disappointed and bitter, and called Coco a liar before leaving without giving him a chance to explain. YPC5GG23
After becoming king of Palmier Kingdom, Coco returns in episode 1 where Nozomi immediately notices that he is acting strange. Eventually, she finds out that it is because he was sad about dragging her and the girls into the Pretty Cure business again and that he wanted them to live a peaceful life.
When Princess Crepe meets Coco again, Coco is not happy that Crepe still adores him, mainly because he knows that their "engagement" is merely a cultural misunderstanding and that he doesn't return the same romantic feelings. YPC5GG28 After saving Crepe at her farewell party, he turns down Crepe's confession of wanting to help his friends as well as his feelings for Nozomi. Crepe then tearfully leaves after giving him her calling card. YPC5GG34
Kokoda Kouji (小々田?) is Coco's human alias which he uses when in public to move around freely. He is a teacher at Pretty Cure's school and teaches them in most subjects. Coco would appear as a human more often, but since it is tiring to maintain, he prefers being a fairy. Nozomi seems to have a crush on him when he's human. He transforms back into his fairy form easily when he impacts something hard, like falling on the floor. Because of this, Coco is very careful while in disguise to avoid being exposed.
Coco is able to transform into a human in the Yes! Pretty Cure 5 world and takes on the name Kokoda Kouji. However, he usually reverts to his fairy form if he gets hurt or weakened.
In Yes! Pretty Cure 5 GoGo!, Coco is able to use the power of his Palmier Crown to give Pretty Cure the Cure Fleurets, and together with Natts' crown, they give Cure Dream and Milky Rose the ability to combine their powers.
In the movie, mind controlled Coco is able to blast black spheres from his hand and almost has the same fighting skills as the Pretty Cure. He can also use a Fleuret, which is darker colored although after he was snapped out of the Mushiban's control, it became lighter colored.
At the beginning of the movie, he and Natts jokingly use the power of the Miracle Lights to transform into Cure Coco (キュアココ?), the Cure of Creampuffs, who, along with Cure Natts, forms the duo Coconuts. He uses the same accessories as Cure Dream which hints at their special bond. Cure Coco only appears as a joke to explain to the audience how the use of the Miracle Lights will create a miracle.
Coco's voice actor, Kusao Takeshi, has participated in several image songs for the character he voices. Many of them include duets with Miyu Irino, who voices Natts.
- The Star Crown (Along with Miyu Irino)
- TIME MACHINE (Along with Miyu Irino)
- LOVE BOX (Along with Miyu Irino)
- Roses and Friendship (Along with Miyu Irino)
- Join Us (Along with Miyu Irino)
- Homework (Along with Miyu Irino)
- Dawn Begins with a Shooting Star (Along with Miyu Irino)
- Small and Large Gifts (Along with Miyu Irino)
- Coco and Cure Dream shared the first on-screen kiss on the lips in the Pretty Cure history followed by Blue and Mirage.
- For the Pretty Cure All Stars DX3 Movie Character Polls held by Toei Animation, Coco appeared in the following rankings:
- 6th in "The Fairy you wish to have as a partner the most".
- Coco shares his voice actor with Freezen.
- Main Page: Coco/Image Gallery
|V • T • EMascots|
|Mepple • Mipple • Pollun • (Lulun)|
|Splash Star||Flappy • Choppy • Moop • Foop|
|Coco • Natts • Milk • Pinkies • (Syrup) • (Mailpo)|
|Fresh!||Tarte • Chiffon • Azukina • Pickruns|
|Heartcatch!||Chypre • Coffret • Coupe • Potpourri • Cologne|
|Suite♪||Hummy • Siren • Fairy Tones|
|Smile!||Candy • Pop|
|Doki Doki!||Sharuru • Raquel • Lance • Dabyi • Ai|
|Happiness Charge!||Ribbon • Glasan • Aloalo • PhanPhan|
|Go! Princess||Pafu • Aroma • Miss Shamour • Kuroro|
|Mahou Tsukai!||Mofurun • Ha-chan|
|KiraKira☆A La Mode||Pekorin • Chourou • Kirarin • Pikario|
|HUGtto!||Hugtan • Hariham Harry|
|Star☆Twinkle||Fuwa • Prunce|
|Healin' Good||Rabirin • Pegitan • Nyatoran • Latte|
|All Stars||(Fuu-chan) • EnEn • Gureru • Yumeta • Maamu • Sakura|
|V • T • EYes! Pretty Cure 5 characters|
|Cures||Yumehara Nozomi/Cure Dream • Natsuki Rin/Cure Rouge • Kasugano Urara/Cure Lemonade • Akimoto Komachi/Cure Mint • Minazuki Karen/Cure Aqua • (Mimino Kurumi/Milky Rose)|
|Mascots||Coco • Natts • Milk • (Syrup) • Pinkies • (Mailpo) • (Four Rulers)|
|Nightmare||Kowaina • Girinma • Gamao • Arachnea • Bunbee • Bloody • Hadenya • Kawarino • Desperaia|
|Eternal||Hoshina • Scorp • Bunbee • Nebatakos • Isohgin • Yadokhan • Shibiretta • Mucardia • Anacondy • Boss|
|Others||Yumehara Tsutomu • Yumehara Megumi • Natsuki Kazuyo • Natsuki Yu • Natsuki Ai • Kasugano Michel • Kasugano Heizou • Kasugano Maria • Washio Kouta • Akimoto Madoka • Minazuki Taro • Minazuki Minako • Jii-ya/Sakamoto • Masuko Mika • Otaka-san • The Headmaster • Kudou Mayu • Miyamoto Kanako • (Four Rulers) • (Flora)|
|Movie only||Dark Pretty Cure 5 • Shadow • Migirin • Hidarin • (Chocola) • (Mushiban) • (Dry) • (Bitter) • (Queen Dessert)|