Mofurun noticed that this article lacks content or has faulty grammar and information. She says you can help by this stub!
An end card (エンドカード endo kādo?) is a single picture that appears at the end of a broadcast in TV animation. Comments such as "See you again next time" (またみてね mata mite ne?) or "Look forward to next time" (次回もお楽しみに jikai mo otanoshimi ni?) are inserted, sometimes also in English.
The picture often includes spoilers for the next episode, or reflects the plot of the episode it aired with. Some episodes end with advertisements, and rebroadcasts can have new end cards as the advertisements aren't appropriate anymore. For Pretty Cure, the cards are full of jokes and edited from animation stills, while "series end cards" are special illustrations by the character designer from Heartcatch Pretty Cure! onwards.
- 1 Futari wa Pretty Cure
- 2 Futari wa Pretty Cure Max Heart
- 3 Futari wa Pretty Cure Splash Star
- 4 Yes! Pretty Cure 5
- 5 Yes! Pretty Cure 5 GoGo!
- 6 Fresh Pretty Cure!
- 7 Heartcatch Pretty Cure!
- 8 Suite Pretty Cure♪
- 9 Smile Pretty Cure!
- 10 Doki Doki! Pretty Cure
- 11 Happiness Charge Pretty Cure!
- 12 Go! Princess Pretty Cure
- 13 Mahou Tsukai Pretty Cure!
- 14 References
- Futari wa Pretty Cure Splash Star had no series end card.
- The card for episode 37 was reused in episode 39.
- Yes! Pretty Cure 5 had no series end card.
- In this format, more two episodes share a single end card. Suite Pretty Cure♪ switches back to weekly end cards.
- First series to have the series end card drawn by the character designer (in this case, Umakoshi Yoshihiko)
The series was rebroadcast in 2015, and the cards that carry references to Smile Pretty Cure! were replaced as they were not appropriate for the schedule.
- Goes back to a "multiple episodes - one end card" format, but spread over the season instead of batches.
- Same concept as Smile Pretty Cure!, but with less cards.
- Goes back to a weekly change and shows off fanart sent in by children.
The series was rebroadcast in 2015 and all advertisements in end cards were cut and replaced by any of these three cards.
- The same fanart format used for Happiness Charge Pretty Cure!. Episode 35-40 advertised for the movie.
- Episodes 38-41 played advertisements and trailers for the movie.
- The end cards were created by Toyoda Momoka, an assistant director for the series.
Unused end cards
Some end cards were created, but never used. They were deemed unfitting and replaced, or advertisements ran in their place.