- 1 Bio
- 2 History
- 3 Cure Grace
- 4 Songs
- 5 Trivia
- 6 Gallery
- 7 References
Nodoka has dull, dark pink eyes and straightened chin-length auburn hair with hair clips holding up the right side. Casually, she wears a sky blue top with a blue sash that is tied in the front with a cream upper part and elbow-length sleeves along with a pleated pink skirt. She also wears white socks underneath dark red mary-janes. In the winter, she switches to a black turtleneck beneath a pink dress that has a dark magenta ribbon on her chest, and white socks with maroon flats.
As Cure Grace, her eyes and hair become hot pink. The hair reaches her waist and turns thicker and curlier with some of it pulled into a bun and pale pink flowers sprinkled through it. She also wears a pearl tiara decorated with a hot pink heart, green leaf, and a yellow flower. Her accessories include a pink choker and white earrings with a leaf hanging from it. Her outfit is a light pink dress lined in yellow with matching-colored frills on each side. The skirt has fuchsia, lilac, and white layers. She also wears a pale pink and fuchsia short-sleeved jacket with puffy sleeves and a heart shape on the coattail with a fuchsia ribbon in the back. Right under it are long magenta heart-shaped frills. On the chest is a hot pink rose with a pale yellow ruffle. She also wears white gloves with a pink heart on the hand and light pink boots with a fuchsia ankle strap and a light green bow.
As Super Miracle Grace in Miracle Leap, her hair becomes slightly longer and turns pale pink, with a pinkish-orange ombré. Her tiara is replaced with a massive sakura flower head piece with two long leaves and three strands extending from it, the leaves on her earrings become longer, and her choker has a golden orb. Her jacket closes and the sleeves become transparent. Her skirt gains an extra yellow layer under the jacket, her gloves become elbow-length, and the bows and top flaps on her boots become pointier.
In her Special Healin' Good Style form, her hair grows longer, wavier, and brighter and she also gains two pink and white flowers on the left side of her tiara, while the leaves lighten in color. The white pearls on her earrings also turn into flowers. The top part of her outfit turns fuchsia and there is a second ruffle below the rose on her chest. Her jacket becomes a long-sleeved coat that reaches her ankles. Underneath the coat is a longer light pink layer and the back has a yellow bow with four light green leaf-like ribbons. Her boots turn pink and light yellow with yellow bows on top and red roses on the toes. She also has large pale pink wings and no longer wears gloves or a choker.
Nodoka is a calm second-year middle school student who strives to try many different things but doesn't have the athletic ability to accomplish most of them. Above all this, she has a kind heart and wants to help others. She was prone to sicknesses as a child and wants to spread the same kindness she received back then to those around her. At times, Nodoka can be reckless and underestimate a severe situation, mainly because of her desire to protect something she considers valuable, which can cloud her judgment.
- Rabirin - Initially, Rabirin was rather cold towards Nodoka because she wasn't the doctor Rabirin expected. And to make matters worse, she had a weak body. However, Rabirin is moved by Nodoka's courage and cares about Nodoka as a partner.
- Latte - From their first encounter, Nodoka had grown fond of Latte as she related to Latte who is also prone to sicknesses so she decided to become Latte's caretaker.
- Sawaizumi Chiyu - Nodoka is friends with Chiyu, admiring Chiyu's athletic capabilities.
- Hiramitsu Hinata - Nodoka had become friends with Hinata quickly thanks to Hinata's friendliness.
- Fuurin Asumi - Nodoka has Asumi staying at her place and she helps her learn many new things.
- Daruizen - Her archenemy from the Byogens, as they hold differing opinions on the Earth. In episode 28, it was revealed that Daruizen was born from the parasite that infected Nodoka when she was younger. Following the revelation, Nodoka decides that she should be the one to take him on.
- Dr. Hachisuka - The doctor who used to treat her in the hospital with whom she maintains a friendly relationship with. Because of his guilt for not finding a cure for her illness, he switched careers, which upsets Nodoka at first, but she later understands and appreciates his desire to treat more people.
Cure Grace has many different meanings depending on the context surrounding the word. In the context of politeness, it is a noun that means "the quality of being pleasantly polite, or a willingness to be fair and honest" . The name Grace is also given to an English shrub rose originally bred by David C.H. Austin.
A few years ago, Nodoka suffered from a medical condition that resulted in her hospitalization. Being supported by her parents to carry on, she became a selfless person who hopes to protect her loved ones. It turns out that Nodoka's illness was caused by a Megabyogen parasite.
Meeting Rabirin and Becoming Cure Grace
Nodoka overhears that a puppy is hurt and runs into the forest where she meets Latte. Realizing the puppy is ill, she demands they seek a vet, only to find out Latte cannot be treated by normal methods other than the power of Pretty Cure to protect Earth. This and the Megabyogen don't bother her in the slightest though, allowing her and the stubborn Rabirin to connect and become Cure Grace. Grace is amazed by her own physical capabilities and strength but has to be guided by Rabirin to scan the weakness of the Megabyogen and perform certain attacks. HGPC01
Later, Rabirin leaves Nodoka because she doesn't have the ideal body Rabirin had hoped for. So when a Tree Megabyogen attacks, Nodoka tries to use Nyatoran as her new partner, only for that idea to fail. Thankfully, Rabirin comes back to Nodoka, where they reconcile, get to know each other a bit more, and officially become partners, where they manage to defeat the Tree Megabyogen together. HGPC02
Facing Multiple Megabyogens and Learning a Group Attack
When visiting a museum with Chiyu and Hinata, Nodoka meets an artist named Nagara Sumiko. She really admires Sumiko's artwork, so when the three Byogen generals summon their Megabyogens, Grace is desperate to protect Sumiko more than anyone else. As a result, she neglects her friends' advice and ends up worsening Latte's illness as she fails to defeat all three Megabyogens. HGPC10
However, Nodoka realizes her mistake and doesn't get beaten down by her failure easily. Although during their rematch with the generals, the Cures are at first at a disadvantage, especially against Daruizen, their feelings ultimately connect. They manage to summon help from multiple Elemental Spirits and learn Healing Oasis to defeat the last Megabyogen. They also earn a new Healing Bottle as a power-up. HGPC11
Arguing and Reconciling with Rabirin
One day, Nodoka finds out that Rabirin has fallen for an ugly but popular character plushie. Nodoka buys the doll for her by participating in the herb garden events, but she then shows it off to Nyatoran and Hinata without asking Rabirin, which upsets Rabirin. The argument causes a rift in their friendship, which results in them being unable to transform the next day. But after Latte urges them to reconcile, Rabirin and Nodoka apologize to each other and regain the ability to transform. They become closer to each other after this incident.HGPC15
Overcoming Pain and the Truth behind her Illness
After the Cures defeated another Megabyogen, Nodoka and Rabirin notice Daruizen looking suspicious. She transforms to confront him, but he immediately forces a Mega Part into her body. Grace is overwhelmed by the pain and collapses onto the ground unconscious, with Rabirin frantically calling out to her while Daruizen watches, satisfied. HGPC27
Afterwards, Nodoka is hospitalized. Rabirin cries for Nodoka and blames herself for being unable to protect her. Her parents are incredibly upset as well. Just as hope seems lost, Nodoka and Rabirin pray together so that the Mega Part will be separated from her, and Nodoka recovers. To her surprise though, the Mega Part evolves into Kedary, who looks strikingly similar to Daruizen. It is soon revealed that she is the former host of Daruizen, who was born from the parasite that infected her as a child. Daruizen then tells her that he is beginning to "like her in some way" before he retreats.HGPC28
A Change of Pace
After the revelation that she is Daruizen's host, Nodoka begins to physically train herself strenuously. This concerns her friends and they all advise her not to push herself too hard. She tries to put up a strong and determined outlook, but during the battle with the trumpet Megabyogen, she is unable to make a breakthrough. After Earth rescues her from being stomped, Grace finally admits that she is pushing herself because of her guilt of being Daruizen's host and believes she is hurting the earth. However, Earth reassures her that it was never her fault, and Grace learns to take things easy and starts to train with Asumi with a better running schedule.HGPC29
"The two overlapping flowers! Cure Grace!"
Kasanaru Futatsu no Hana! Kyua Gurēsu!
The transformation begins with Rabirin leaping up and shouting "Start!" before entering the Healing Stick. Nodoka then turns around as she completes the transformation phrase and holds the stick and her Transformation Element Bottle. She inserts the bottle into the stick as it becomes surrounded in a white aura. Nodoka and Rabirin then say "Cure Touch!" together as Nodoka presses the right paw once before a flurry of flowers appears from the glowing tip of the stick. Nodoka is then shown standing on top of a flower while pink flower petals follow her. She waves the stick around as the petals merge and turn into a white cape that falls onto Nodoka's shoulders. Then she taps her feet and her boots appear, follow by her gloves before the cape wraps around her body and forms her dress. A bow appears in the back while a rose brooch with a ruffly ribbon appears in the front. Nodoka's hair then grows longer and turns hot pink with some of it styled into a bun, with her tiara, earrings, and flower accessory appearing before tiny flowers also appear in her hair, completing the transformation. A giant flower then begins to bloom, with Grace emerging from the middle of it. She then poses with her Healing Stick as she and Rabirin start the introduction. After she cuddles Rabirin, Grace twirls the stick around several times before striking her finishing pose.
- Healing Flower (ヒーリングフラワー?): It is her first attack that she can perform with her Healing Stick and Rabirin.
- Healing Oasis (ヒーリングオアシス?): It is a group attack she performs with Fontaine and Sparkle. To perform it, she and her teammates need their Healing Sticks and the Miracle Healing Bottle.
- Final! Healin' Good♥Shower (ファイナル！ヒーリングっど♥シャワー?): It is a group attack that she performs with Fontaine, Sparkle and Earth. To perform it, she and her teammates need their Healin' Good Arrow and the Special Healin' Good Bottle.
Nodoka's voice actor, Yuuki Aoi has participated in several image songs for the character she voices. Many of them include duets with Kakuma Ai, who voices Rabirin, Yorita Natsu, who voices Sawaizumi Chiyu, Kouno Hiyori, who voices Hiramitsu Hinata, and Mimori Suzuko, who voices Fuurin Asumi.
- I'm Blooming (Along with Kakuma Ai)
- Healin' Good♥Pretty Cure Touch!! ~Precure Quartet Ver~ (Along with Yorita Natsu, Kouno Hiyori, and Mimori Suzuko)
- Ready Steady→Pretty Cure!! (Along with Yorita Natsu, Kouno Hiyori, and Mimori Suzuko)
- Nodoka's birthday is on March 9th, making her star sign Pisces.
- Nodoka shares her voice actress with Cook from KiraKira☆Pretty Cure A La Mode: Paritto! Omoide no Mille-feuille!.
- Alongside Nono Hana and the Star☆Twinkle Pretty Cure team, Nodoka is one of the Pretty Cures that guest stars in the movie Kishiryu Sentai Ryusoulger VS Lupinranger VS Patranger in the dance ending sequence. This marks the first live-action appearance of the Pretty Cures in the Super Sentai series, as well as Nodoka's movie debut ahead of the rest of her team in Pretty Cure Miracle Leap.
- Cure Grace appears in the final episode of Star☆Twinkle, helping the team fight the Nottorei in Hikaru's dream.
- Episode 9 revealed that she gets dizzy easily and will pass out if she is stuck in a crowded place.
- Nodoka is the first known human to be infected by a Mega Part. She is also the first former host of a Byogen general to be revealed.
- Main Page: Hanadera Nodoka/Image Gallery
|V • T • E Healin' Good♥Pretty Cure characters|
|Cures||Hanadera Nodoka / Cure Grace • Sawaizumi Chiyu / Cure Fontaine • Hiramitsu Hinata / Cure Sparkle • Fuurin Asumi / Cure Earth|
|Mascots||Rabirin • Pegitan • Nyatoran • Latte • Queen Teatinu|
|Villains||Byogens: King Byogen • Daruizen • Shindoine • Guaiwaru • Batetemoda • Nebusoku • Kedary • Megabyogen|
|Others||Teatinu • Element Spirits • Hanadera Yasuko • Hanadera Takeshi • Kawai-san • Sawaizumi Nao • Sawaizumi Touji • Sawaizumi Ryuuji • Sawaizumi Haruko • Sawaizumi Kiyoshi • Hiramitsu Teruhiko • Hiramitsu Youta • Hiramitsu Mei • Masuko Michio • Nagara Sumiko • Habu Mikio • Sugisaki Fumi • Nagano Hideo • Kido Tetsuya • Emily Smith • Kusaka Orie • Kusaka Honoo • Itsuki Sakuya • Riri • Kazu • Suguwara Yuto • Kanamori Kotoe • Maruyama Kyousei • Maruyama Kouta • Dr. Hachisuka • Takami Tsubasa|