Mofurun noticed that this article lacks content or has faulty grammar and information. She says you can help by this stub!
Hanadera Nodoka (花寺のどか?) is the main character of Healin' Good♥Pretty Cure. Nodoka's alter ego is Cure Grace (キュアグレース?) and she is known as the Pretty Cure of Flowers. When impressed, she often says "Woah~" (ふわあ～ fuwā~?).
Nodoka has dull, dark pink eyes and chin-length auburn hair framing her face with a straightened bottom. Her bangs mostly face the side, with a split at the corner where a few hair clips reside. Casually, she wears a sky blue top with pleat bottom beneath a band of blue. The upper-chest and elbow-length sleeves are a pale cream. This is paired with a pink pleat skirt.
As Cure Grace, her eyes and hair become hot pink and grow to waist-length, gaining a slight curl and thickness. Her hair is worn loose with a bun on top and a curled lock surrounding each side of her head. Her bangs keep their shape but the side worn with clips is entirely pulled back, and she gains curled strands by her ears. She has pale pink flowers sprinkled through her hair and she wears a pearl tiara decorated with a hot pink heart, green leaf, and a yellow flower. She gains a pink choker and white earrings with a leaf hanging from it. Her outfit is composed of a light pink dress with a scalloped pastel yellow frame, followed by scalloped tutu layers of fuchsia, lilac, and white. Over this is a split pink heart-shaped peplum, and pastel yellow heart-shaped fabric on each hip. She wears a white blouse-style vest over this with fuchsia lining, sleeve cuffs, and bow on the back, along with a short singular coat-tail with a heart in the middle. In the middle of her chest is a hot pink rose with pale yellow pleat fabric. She also wears white gloves with a pink heart on the hand and white boots with a fuchsia ankle strap and sole. The cuff resembles her peplum, and on the foot is a light green bow.
Nodoka is a second-year middle school student who just moved to Sukoyaka City. She's very calm and goes at her own pace, and strives to try many different things, but doesn't have the athletic ability to accomplish most of them. Above all this, she has a kind heart and wants to help others. She was prone to sicknesses as a child and wants to spread the same kindness she received back then around her. At times, Nodoka can be reckless and underestimate a severe situation, mainly because of her desire to protect something she considers valuable, which can cloud her judgment.
- Rabirin - Initially, Rabirin was rather cold towards Nodoka because she wasn't the doctor Rabirin expected. And to make matters worse, she had a weak body. However, Rabirin is moved by Nodoka's courage and cares about Nodoka as a partner.
- Latte - From their first encounter, Nodoka had grown fond of Latte as she related to Latte who is also prone to sicknesses so she decided to become Latte's caretaker.
- Sawaizumi Chiyu - Nodoka is friends with Chiyu, admiring Chiyu's athletic capabilities.
- Hiramitsu Hinata - Nodoka had become friends with Hinata quickly thanks to Hinata's friendliness.
Cure Grace has many different meanings depending on the context surrounding the word. In the context of politeness, it is a noun that means "the quality of being pleasantly polite, or a willingness to be fair and honest" . The name grace is also given to an English shrub rose originally bred by David C.H. Austin.
Prior to the season, Nodoka suffered from a respiratory medical condition that resulted in her hospitalization. Being supported by her parents to carry on, she became a selfless person who hopes to protect her loved ones.
Meeting Rabirin and Becoming Cure Grace
Nodoka overhears that a puppy is hurt and runs into the forest where she meets Latte. Realizing the puppy is ill, she demands they seek a vet, only to find out Latte cannot be treated by normal methods other than the power of Pretty Cure to protect Earth. This and the Megabyogen don't bother her in the slightest though, allowing her and the stubborn Rabirin to connect and become Cure Grace. Grace is amazed by her own physical capabilities and strength but has to be guided by Rabirin to scan the weakness of the Megabyogen and perform certain attacks. HGPC01
Later, Rabirin leaves Nodoka because she doesn't have the ideal body Rabirin had hoped for. So when a Tree Megabyogen attacks, Nodoka tries to use Nyatoran as her new partner, only for that idea to fail. Thankfully, Rabirin comes back to Nodoka, where they reconcile, get to know each other a bit more and officially become partners, where they manage to defeat the Tree Megabyogen together. HGPC02
Facing Multiple Megabyogens and Learning a Group Attack
When visiting a museum with Chiyu and Hinata, Nodoka meets an artist named Nagara Sumiko. She really admires Sumiko's artwork, so when the three Byogen generals summon their Megabyogens, Grace is desperate to protect Sumiko more than anyone else. As a result, she neglects her friends' advice and ends up worsening Latte's illness as she fails to defeat all three Megabyogens. HGPC10
However, Nodoka realizes her mistake and doesn't get beaten down by her failure easily. Although during their rematch with the generals, the Cures are at first at a disadvantage, especially against Daruizen, their feelings ultimately connect. They manage to summon help from multiple Elemental Spirits and learn Healing Oasis to defeat the last Megabyogen. They also earn a new Healing Bottle as a power-up. HGPC11
"The two overlapping flowers! Cure Grace!"
Kasanaru Futatsu no Hana! Kyua Gurēsu!
The transformation begins with Rabirin leaping up and shouting "Start!" before entering the Healing Stick. Nodoka then turns around as she completes the transformation phrase and holds the stick and her Transformation Element Bottle. She inserts the bottle into the stick as it becomes surrounded in a white aura. Nodoka and Rabirin then say "Cure Touch!" together as Nodoka presses the right paw once before a flurry of flowers appears from the glowing tip of the stick. Nodoka is then shown standing on top of a flower while pink flower petals follow her. She waves the stick around as the petals merge and turn into a white cape that falls onto Nodoka's shoulders. Then she taps her feet and her boots appear, follow by her gloves before the cape wraps around her body and forms her dress. A bow appears in the back while a rose brooch with a ruffly ribbon appears in the front. Nodoka's hair then grows longer and turns hot pink with some of it styled into a bun, with her tiara, earrings, and flower accessory appearing before tiny flowers also appear in her hair, completing the transformation. A giant flower then begins to bloom, with Grace emerging from the middle of it. She then poses with her Healing Stick as she and Rabirin start the introduction. After she cuddles Rabirin, Grace twirls the stick around several times before striking her finishing pose.
- Healing Flower (ヒーリングフラワー?): It is her first attack that she can perform with her Healing Stick and Rabirin.
- Healing Oasis (ヒーリングオアシス?): It is a group attack she performs with Fontaine and Sparkle. To perform it she and their teammates need the Miracle Healing Element Bottle.
Nodoka's voice actor, Yuuki Aoi has participated in several image songs for the character she voices. Many of them include duets with Kakuma Ai, who voices Rabirin, Yorita Natsu, who voices Sawaizumi Chiyu, and Kouno Hiyori, who voices Hiramitsu Hinata.
- I'm Blooming (Along with Kakuma Ai)
- Healin' Good♥Pretty Cure Touch!! ~Precure Ver~ (Along with Yorita Natsu, Kouno Hiyori, and ???)
- Ready Steady→Pretty Cure!! (Along with Yorita Natsu, Kouno Hiyori, and ???)
- Nodoka's birthday is on March 9th, making her star sign Pisces.
- Nodoka shares her voice actress with Cook from KiraKira☆Pretty Cure A La Mode: Paritto! Omoide no Mille-feuille!.
- Alongside Nono Hana and the Star☆Twinkle Pretty Cures, Nodoka is one of the Pretty Cures that guest stars in the movie Kishiryu Sentai Ryusoulger VS Lupinranger VS Patranger in the dance ending sequence. This marks the first live-action appearance of the Pretty Cures in the Super Sentai series, as well as Nodoka’s movie debut.
- Main Page: Hanadera Nodoka/Image Gallery
- ↑ http://www.romajidesu.com/dictionary/meaning-of-%E3%81%AF%E3%81%AA.html
- ↑ https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/%E5%AF%BA#Japanese
- ↑ https://www.nihongomaster.com/dictionary/entry/41264/nodoka
- ↑ https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/grace
- ↑ https://www.gardenia.net/plant/rose-grace-auskeppy
- ↑ https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_C._H._Austin
|V • T • E Healin' Good♥Pretty Cure characters|
|Cures||Hanadera Nodoka / Cure Grace • Sawaizumi Chiyu / Cure Fontaine • Hiramitsu Hinata / Cure Sparkle|
|Mascots||Rabirin • Pegitan • Nyatoran • Latte|
|Villains||Byogens: Daruizen • Shindoine • Guaiwaru • Megabyogen|
|Others||Teatinu • Element Spirits • Hanadera Yasuko • Kawai-san • Hanadera Takeshi • Sawaizumi Nao • Hiramitsu Youta • Hiramitsu Mei • Masuko Michio • Nagara Sumiko|