Haruno Haruka (春野はるか Haruno Haruka?) is one of the four main Cures in the series Go! Princess Pretty Cure and she is the leader of the group. She is a 13-year-old girl who is energetic and dreams of becoming a princess.
Haruka's alter ego is Cure Flora (キュアフローラ Kyua Furōra?), the Princess of Flowers. Her catchphrases are "Too amazing!" (ステキすぎる！ Suteki sugiru!?) and "______ is in full bloom!" (______満開だよ！ ______mankai dayo!?).
Haruka has turquoise eyes and short auburn hair with some of it in a messy bun and a pink flower clip. She wears a pink checkered dress with a white collar and pale pink puffy sleeves. She wears a brown belt and a pair of burgundy loafers with slightly puffy socks. Around her neck is a white flower choker. In the movie, she wears a frilly pale pink long-sleeved top with a pink jumper worn over it with a striped bow and white frills and keeps her normal shoes.
For summer, Haruka wears a bright pink and fuchsia dress that is white and fuchsia along the top of the chest. Her sandals are white and gold and decorated with a flower. In winter, Haruka wears a pale yellow sweater with a pink collar and a flower pattern around the top part of it. She also wears a pink and fuchsia plaid skirt and a pair of burgundy Mary-Janes.
As Cure Flora, her eyes brighten and her hair turns light blonde with a bright pink ombre, growing to her waist. The bun grows and some of her bangs are streaked pink. On her head is a gold tiara with a pink flower. She also wears magenta earrings and a flower choker. She wears a pink and white dress with a magenta ribbon accented with a flower. It also has white sleeves and a dark magenta ribbon that wraps behind the neck. On her waist is a large matching ribbon with a gold brooch, with an additional one in the back. Her skirt is light pink and slightly longer in the back worn under a longer tail-like skirt that opens in the front. Her gloves have a pink flower on the wrist, while her light pink shoes have pink soles and a dark magenta ribbon.
In Mode Elegant, her dress takes on various detail changes to reflect which one she is currently using. Her normal one has a layered, floor-length skirt that is light pink on top with four sections held by magenta bows with flowers at the center of each, one of those bunched in the back. Underneath is a light purple layer followed by two pale pink layers.
In Mode Elegant Rose, the flowers on the bottom of the skirt become red roses with leaves on them and the purple and pink layers change to white and red respectively. The bows on the bottom change shape as well. Her earrings also become roses as does the gold button on the waist bow. The ribbon near the top turns into three red roses with leaves.
In Mode Elegant Lily, her dress becomes hot pink and the center bow turns white with a lily in the center. The flowers on her gloves, skirt, and the ribbon on top become white lilies as well. The sections of the skirt also change shape, with the ribbons being wavier. The three remaining layers alternate between pastel pink and white.
In Mode Elegant Sakura, her dress is now completely white with puffy sleeves that have an extra layer. In the front is a pink ribbon with a sakura-shaped brooch. The ribbon on the waist is now smaller and white. The skirt is larger than her previous ones, with it being white and lined with gold topped with a slightly shorter light pink layer with two light pink ribbons circling it. Also on that part are light pink ribbons on top of white ones with spheres that have sakura flowers. The bottom layer is light pink with sakuras covering it. Her hair grows longer and even thicker and lighter with sakura flowers decorating it. Her tiara now resembles the one on the insignia and her choker is pearly. Her earrings are now small dangling sakuras and her gloves gain another cuff. During Royal, she gains a large, sakura lace ribbon on the back.
In Mode Elegant Halloween, her dress is pale yellow and white with puffy sleeves decorated with pearls. An orange flower replaces her usual waist bow with orange and gold ribbon tails flowing around it. The skirt is rounded and opens in the front, revealing cream-colored layers. Her gloves are slightly longer with pearl bracelets decorated with orange flowers on her wrists. Her tiara is now gold with three orange flowers with vines and a pink gem, while her earrings turn orange and her choker has an orange flower in front of a bow.
In Grand Princess mode, her hair grows longer and her tiara is more ornate. Her choker is now white with a matching bow on it with a pink flower in the middle. She wears a pale yellow dress with a golden gradient to the bottom of the skirt. Draped around her shoulders is a gold cape with fluffy white lining on the collar and the bottom. In the middle is a large pink bow with a gold sphere in the center and a layered cravat. Her skirt has a ruffle on each side and shaped to reveal a flower-shaped layer.
Near the end of the season, Haruka is shown as an adult. While she has kept her messy bun, her hair is shown to have become wavier and has grown out. She wears an outfit similar to her casual attire.
Haruka is a first-year student at Noble Academy who is an energetic girl with a beautiful smile. She feels that in order to fulfill your dreams, you must work hard and not lose to anyone. She has cherished the dream to be a princess like those from her picture books since she was a little girl. She can also be stubborn and reckless when trying new activities, and tends to struggle in both academics and princess lessons in the beginning. At times, Haruka can become discouraged when her dream seems to be out of reach, but she is still persistent and determined to achieve it.
- Prince Kanata - When Haruka was little and was losing hope of wanting to become a princess when she grows up, Kanata shows up and tells her to hold onto her dream. He gives her a charm that turns into her Dress Up Key. She later discovers that Kanata is now the prince of Hope Kingdom, which she is shocked to learn.
- Nanase Yui - Haruka's roommate at Noble Academy. She defended Yui's dream of becoming a picture book author when she was captured by Close.
- Kaido Minami - One of Haruka's friends and teammates who she admires very much for her elegance and intelligence. Haruka supported her, even after hearing about her fear of ghosts.
- Amanogawa Kirara - One of Haruka's fellow teammates. She is the one who gave Haruka the nickname "HaruHaru".
- Akagi Towa - As Twilight, Towa saw Haruka as an enemy, even trying to dishearten her by nearly burning her The Princess of Flowers book. In episode 21, Flora still believed that Twilight had some good left in her and fought against her to bring those feelings out. In the next episode, Flora encouraged a hopeless Towa to believe in her dreams again, which in part enabled Towa to transform into Cure Scarlet. After that, they have a special bond with each other and their dreams to become (Grand) Princesses.
- Aihara Yuuki - Yuuki used to bully Haruka in kindergarten, thus they appear to have some disputes between each other at first, but slowly improves after the events in episode 7 and episode 27.
Haruka (はるか?) has quite a lot of different meanings with one of the meanings is 'distance'. It can also mean "spring flower" or "spring fragrance".
Cure Flora (キュアフローア?) means the world of plants in botany.
Haruka had dreamt of becoming a princess since childhood, but when she admitted it, she was bullied by some boys, namely Aihara Yuuki, at kindergarten as they deemed it unrealistic. When she was crying, she met Prince Kanata, who encouraged her to keep chasing her dream by using the Dress Up Key as her lucky charm. She decided to keep dreaming of becoming a princess after Kanata left.
Meeting Yui and Becoming Cure Flora
Haruka moves to Noble Academy and is admiring her dorm room when a girl walks in and introduces herself as Nanase Yui. Yui then gives Haruka a tour of the school, and along the way, they encounter the "Academy's Princess", Kaido Minami. Outside, Yui tells Haruka her dream to become a children's book author and then asks Haruka what her dream is. Embarrassed, Haruka lies and says she saw a raccoon dog in the forest and runs into the forest. There, she hears a voice which turns out to be a pink dog. Later, a bird with a red chest flies down to help the dog but Haruka stops the bird from hurting her face. Haruka then finds out that they are named Pafu and Aroma. Yui, who followed Haruka into the forest, got her dream turned into a Zetsuborg by Close. Haruka runs away with Aroma and Pafu and later on, her Dress Up Key shines when Haruka lets her feelings out. With the Princess Perfume and Dress Up Key, Haruka transforms into Cure Flora, the Princess of Flourishing Flowers. GPPC01
Reconciliation with Momoka
During Family Day at Noble Academy, Haruka gets the opportunity to briefly spend time with her family. However, to her surprise, her younger sister Momoka is upset. Momoka would even continuously reject Haruka's attention and act unfriendly towards Minami and Kirara. Exasperated and embarrassed, Haruka scolds Momoka for her misbehavior, which causes Momoka to burst into tears.
After learning that Minami's experience that is similar to Momoka's, Haruka begins to understand Momoka's emotional state better, and is overjoyed to find her again. But Shut and Twilight pop out of nowhere and kidnap Momoka and their parents, even turning their dream into a Zetsuborg. Flora then faithfully protects the tiara Momoka made for her and remarks that she wouldn't have been able to achieve her own dream of becoming a princess without their full support. With her determination and assistance from her friends, she defeats the Zetsuborg.
Later when performing ballet on stage, Haruka accidentally breaks off her elegance and becomes embarrassed when Momoka applauds for her. They then take a photo with their parents to signify their strengthened bond. GPPC14
Plunging into Despair and Reconsidering her Dream
When Kurosu arrived as a transfer student, Haruka decides to buy a violin charm for Kanata, only to realize that Aroma and Pafu are missing. Kurosu then takes her to an isolated place and reveals himself to be Close, and insults her for being supportive during their battle. Although Flora originally retains the determination, Kanata unwittingly hurts her feelings by telling her to give up on being a princess that it's his fault for supporting her. As a result, Close retreats successfully, and Haruka darts away in sadness after she de-transforms.GPPC38
Vines begin to invade Yumegahama as Haruka plunges deeper into despair. She tries to become Flora, but fails as her transformation is fuelled by hope, which she lacks. She cries, hitting rock bottom as her hairpin falls which has her question her own dream of becoming a princess. Just when everything is bleak, her past self encourages her, along with the memories she has made of Noble Academy. She ultimately regains her hope to fight on.
After giving Kanata her gift, Kanata gives her back her hairpin. She then transform into Flora again, and successfully defeats Close, Stop and Freeze with the help of the other Cures and Kanata. She forgives Kanata's mistake and returns to being her optimistic self, now knowing that her dream is to become a princess like the Princess of Flowers.GPPC39
A few years after the events of the season, Haruka is now an adult. As she watches a little girl read the ending of Yui's storybook, Haruka says that as long as a person chases their dream, they’ll find a key inside their heart. She believes that if all her friends still have their own keys, she’ll be able meet them again someday.
"Princess of the Flourishing Flowers! Cure Flora!"
Sakihokoru hana no purinsesu! Kyua Furōra!
Cure Flora (キュアフローア Kyua Furōra?) is the Pretty Cure alter ego of Haruka. She controls the power of flowers and transforms with the phrase, "Pretty Cure, Princess Engage!". Her main attack is Floral Tourbillon, which she can only perform while in her Mode Elegant.
- Floral Tourbillon (フローラルトルビヨン Furōraru Torubiyon?) is Cure Flora's main attack, that can only be used when she is in her Mode Elegant. It appeared in episode 1.
- Trinity Lumiere (トリニティリュミエール Toriniti Ryumiēru?) is Cure Flora's group attack that she performs with Cure Mermaid and Cure Twinkle, where she needs the Crystal Princess Rod and the Elegant Dress Up Keys. It made its debut in episode 11.
- Rose Tourbillon (ローズトルビヨン Rōzu Torubiyon?) is Cure Flora's main attack, performed with the Crystal Princess Rod and Rose Dress Up Key.
- Lys Tourbillon (リィストルビヨン Risu Torubiyon?) is Cure Flora's main attack, performed with the Crystal Princess Rod and Miracle Lily Dress Up Key.
- Trinity Explosion (トリニティーエクスプロジオン Torinitī Ekusupurojion?) is Cure Flora's second group attack that she performs with Cure Mermaid and Cure Twinkle, where she needs the Crystal Princess Rod and the Miracle Dress Up Keys. It was seen for the first time in episode 18.
- Éclat Espoir (エクラエスポワール Ekura Esupowāru?) is Cure Flora's third group attack that she performs with Cure Mermaid, Cure Twinkle and Cure Scarlet, where she needs the Music Princess Palace and her Premium Sakura Dress Up Key.
- Grand Printemps (グランプランタン Guran Purantan?) is Cure Flora's fourth group attack that she performs with Cure Mermaid, Cure Twinkle and Cure Scarlet, where she needs the Music Princess Palace and the Royal Key.
- Sakura Turbulence (サクラトルビュランス Sakura Torubyuransu?) is Cure Flora's main attack that she performs with the Music Princess Palace and her Premium Sakura Dress Up Key.
- Grand Libération (グランリベラシオン Guran Riberashion?) is Cure Flora's fifth group attack that she performs with Cure Mermaid, Cure Twinkle and Cure Scarlet, where she needs to be in her Grand Princess form.
- Halloween Eclair (ハロウィンエクレール Harou~in Ekurēru?) is Cure Flora's sixth group attack that she performs with Cure Mermaid, Cure Twinkle, and Cure Scarlet, where she needs to be in her Mode Elegant Halloween form.
Haruka's voice actor, Shimamura Yu, has participated in several image songs for the character she voices. Many of them include duets with Asano Masumi, who voices Kaido Minami, Yamamura Hibiku, who voices Amanogawa Kirara, Sawashiro Miyuki, who voices Akagi Towa, and Yoshimura Haruka, who voices Nanase Yui (only for one song).
- Strongly, Gently, Beautifully. (Along with Asano Masumi, Yamamura Hibiku, and Sawashiro Miyuki)
- Conditions of Being a Princess (Along with Asano Masumi, Yamamura Hibiku, and Sawashiro Miyuki)
- It'll be Fine Tomorrow, Right?! (Along with Yoshimura Haruka)
- Joyful! Pretty Cure Christmas (Along with Asano Masumi, Yamamura Hibiku, and Sawashiro Miyuki)
- Haruka's birthday is April 10th, hence making her zodiac an Aries.
- Haruka shares her Cure name with Flora from Yes! Pretty Cure 5 GoGo!.
- Haruka appears in the last episode of Happiness Charge Pretty Cure! giving a "pass the baton" like the message with Cure Lovely.
- Cure Flora makes a cameo appearance in Cure Miracle and Mofurun's Magic Lesson!, marking the first time that a Cure from a past series appears in a movie not tied in with the All Stars series.
- She shares her voice actress with some kindergartners in an episode of Suite Pretty Cure♪.
- Main page: Haruno Haruka/Image Gallery
|V • T • EGo! Princess Pretty Cure characters|
|Cures||Haruno Haruka/Cure Flora • Kaido Minami/Cure Mermaid • Amanogawa Kirara/Cure Twinkle • Akagi Towa/Cure Scarlet • Past Princess Pretty Cure|
|Mascots||Pafu • Aroma • Miss Shamour • Kuroro|
|Villains||Dyspear • Twilight • Close • Shut • Lock • Stop & Freeze • Zetsuborg|
|Others||Prince Kanata • Nanase Yui • Haruno Moe • Haruno Ibuki • Kisaragi Reiko • Azuma Seira • Nishimine Ayaka • Shirogane-san • Amanogawa Stella • Takamagahara Ken • Bauanne Baurollo • Aihara Yuuki • Imagawa Shuu • Koshiba Naoto • Ichijo Ranko • Tachi Kyoko • Haruno Momoka • Tina • Mochizuki Yume • Kaido Wataru • Komori Hanae • Kano Sayaka • Kurita Mai • Komaki Noriko • Hirano Kenta • Furuya Riko • Kitakaze Asuka • Kaido Tsukasa • Kaido Masumi • Ijuin Kimimaro • Nishikido-san • Akehoshi Karin|
|Movie only||Pumplulu Princess • Warp • Refi • Night Pumpkin • King Pumpkin • Queen Pumpkin|