- 1 Bio
- 2 History
- 2.1 Preseason
- 2.2 Saving Cure Princess
- 2.3 Saving the Cures
- 2.4 Fighting Phantom
- 2.5 Fighting as a team and revealing her identity as Cure Fortune
- 2.6 Hime's mistake
- 2.7 Confronting Phantom and dueling with him
- 2.8 Her first shopping with Hime
- 2.9 Her first date and receiving the Innocent Form
- 2.10 Saving her sister
- 3 Cure Fortune
- 4 Songs
- 5 Trivia
- 6 Gallery
Iona has dark purple eyes and long hair worn loose with tented bangs. Some of the time she pulls her hair back. She normally wears a light purple and pink top with light blue pockets, a white layered skirt, and purple boots. During winter she wears a purple jacket with lighter purple shirt, grey shorts, and white boots. During the film she wore a purple jacket with a white and lavender top, lilac skirt, and white boots.
As Cure Fortune, her eyes and hair become bright lavender, and her longer hair thickens, worn up in a ponytail with thin forelocks. She gains a pale lilac bow with a violet heart clip, and gold star earrings. She wears a white top with ruffled sleeves beneath a dark navy vest with gold detail. The lapel is pale lilac and the vest is trim with white ruffles, on the back is a pale lilac ribbon-shaped pair of wings. On the chest is a pastel indigo and white ribbon with a gold heart and ribbon brooch. Her ruffled, pale lilac skirt has a longer back. She also gains white sleeves with a gold strap, and white thigh boots with a gold heart on a lavender bow. She gains a ring on her finger allowing her to summon the Fortune Tambourine.
In Pine Arabian form, her ponytail is held up by a portion of hair twisted into a cone shape, decorated with an emerald and gold piece with white ribbon on each side. She gains gold crescent earrings to match her bracelets, anklets, and choker. Her outfit consists of a mint top with ruffled, pale mint sleeves and an emerald cropped blouse over it, with white frill trim and gold lining, a gold heart at the middle with a green gemstone. Her puffy emerald pants have a ruffled, pale mint peplum and gold dangles hanging from the waistband. Her heels are gold and emerald.
In Anmistu Komachi form, her curled ponytail hangs from a large bow made of hair, held by a mauve ribbon. She gains mauve petal earrings. Her outfit consists of a pearl blue kimono trim with pearl pink ruffles and mauve lining to match the large ribbon obi. This is accent by pastel purple, and a purple strap holding a gold and pink heart with a sakura flower. Her long sleeves match her kimono, with a large sakura drawn on each, and she also gains pearl blue stockings with mauve and dark blue platform geta.
In Innocent Form, her hair turns lilac and now surpasses her knees, worn with a white ribbon adorned by a gold heart. Her forelocks thicken and she gains a full face of makeup. Her outfit consists of a ruffled white top with a scalloped bow and modified brooch, accenting the dangle on the ruffles around her waist. Her skirt is split into four pastel sections coming in pink, yellow, purple, and blue, each trim with wing-like frills. Her sleeves are now gloves with wing-like frills to match her knee boots, which have a ribbon on top. On her back is a large, translucent lilac ribbon.
Iona helps the weak and has a strong sense of justice and gentleness when she consoles people. With her sense of duty as a Cure and her excellent fighting skills, Iona goes on her own to bring down the Saiarks one by one. She is cool, serious, obtaining excellent grades, and a capable girl. Strict both with herself and with others, she can be a bit careless in her perfection as she thinks that she can do anything by herself and won’t rely on others. She also has a stubborn streak and hates to lose, and she isn't shown laughing much.
However, she has an aura which makes it difficult to approach her, thus she has few friends. She doesn't laugh because she is tense, and wants to change her cool and stiff character. In fact, she loves to laugh, to the point of spitting out her drink after hearing a random gag. It's also worth noting that she strongly believes in the power of love, even if she isn't able to really express that.
Initially, Iona was fine being on her own. But over time as she began to assist the other Cures and by agreeing to join up with them, she began to learn how to express herself more openly and fight as a team.
- Glasan: Glasan is Iona's fairy partner. Like most of the other mascots, she is very helpful and supportive, but can be a little rough. Before Iona became Cure Fortune, she was Cure Tender's partner.
- Aino Megumi: She first reveals herself as Fortune to Lovely in episode 8 to tell Lovely that she shouldn't trust Princess. In episode 13, Lovely encourages Fortune to work together so they can fight Phantom, and she accepts. She later softens thanks to Lovely's kindness and becomes friends with Megumi.
- Shirayuki Hime: Prior to episode 22, she held an huge grudge against Hime and blamed her on Phantom Empire's invasion because Hime opened Axia. In episode 8, she predicts a terrible future for Hime and Megumi and even tells Cure Lovely not to trust Princess or there will be a great disaster. It even got to the point where she refused to team up with her, though she does team up with Megumi and Yuko. In episode 22, Hime gives Iona all the PreCards so she can save her sister but Iona uses them to regain her powers to help the others. She soon forgives Hime, which makes Hime happy. In episode 23, they make amends after a shopping trip and battling Saiarks. Iona learned that Hime was lured into opening Axia and regrets blaming Hime. They now have a sisterly relationship with Iona playing the older sister role.
- Sagara Seiji: They both attend the same karate dojo, and are normally in good terms.
- Head of Hikawa Karate Dojo: Her grandfather. They train with each other every day.
- Omori Yuko: They are in different classes. They met in episode 18 in their Cure forms. At the end of episode 19, she asked her and Megumi to team up with her.
- Hikawa Maria: Her older sister who went missing prior to the series, gravely concerning Iona due to their bond. She became Cure Fortune to avenge her sister, and she was horrified after discovering in episode 37 that she had been revived, but was now fighting on Queen Mirage's side, freeing Oresky from Happiness Big Bang. In the next episode, the Cures tried to free her from the control, but because she could not hear Fortune's voice, it proved to be difficult. However, Iona was able to get her to remember who she was and Tender was completely freed once they used Innocent Purification. In episode 39, Maria tells Iona she was going to America to be with her parents, which takes a while for Iona to accept. However, she soon understands why Maria had to leave and lets her go.
- Blue: Iona first meets Blue in episode 13 when she comes to the Pikarigaoka Shrine to fight Phantom and he asks her about her power source. She remained on guard around him at first and refuses to follow the rule that prohibits Pretty Cures from falling in love, due to her belief that love for someone else makes them stronger.
- Kaidou Yuya: Yuya is a fellow classmate who is interested in Iona. He asks her on a date because he enjoys seeing her smile. The date itself did not go as well as they hoped as Iona was still unwilling to admit her feelings and Yuya was pushing things too fast. After he was captured by Namakelder, Fortune desperately wanted to protect him despite not knowing much about what it's like to be in love, which gives her the power to unlock her Innocent Form. After this, they start to get along more as they learned from their mistakes. HCPC32
Hikawa (氷川?): Hi (氷) means "Ice" and kawa (川) means "river". Together, Hikawa (氷川) means "glacier".
Iona (いおな?):The name originates from old Irish and means "blessed".The kanji writing used in current Chinese Wikipedia is 伊於奈, according to 江崎玲於奈 (Leona Esaki), a Japanese physicist. Iona can also mean "violet" in the old English language.
Cure Fortune refers to fate, a destiny, grasp own future.
Years ago, a young Iona watched her older sister Maria battling Phantom. When Iona was almost attacked by Phantom, Maria took her hit and was captured as a result. Iona was later given the PreChanMirror from Maria, and partnered up with Glassan to become Cure Fortune.
Saving Cure Princess
Cure Fortune arrives just as Cure Princess was attacked by a Saiark and de-transforming. She effortlessly uses Stardust Shoot to purify the Saiark and saves the person who was trapped inside the mirror. Before leaving, she scolds Hime for being a coward and not fulfilling her duty as a Pretty Cure, and also blames her for the Phantom Empire's invasion.
Saving the Cures
When Oresky was about to finish Lovely and Princess off, she arrived and saved them and easily took down the Saiarks. Before she left, she advised Megumi not to team up with Princess or else she will face a disaster.
She wants to defeat Phantom to avenge the defeat of her sister, Cure Tender, who gave Iona her Cure powers. When she was able to fight him, she did it alone and was overwhelmed by Phantom's power. However, Cure Lovely convinced her that they may have a chance if they combined their powers.
Fighting as a team and revealing her identity as Cure Fortune
Hosshiwa comes at the wedding ceremony and calls out a Saiark. The other Cures are having trouble. She arrives and says that she'll protect everyone's smiles. Lovely and Honey came fighting together with her, and then Princess joins, uses Hawaiian Alohaloe attack, making a chance for Honey to purify the Saiark. Lovely thanks her for helping, and she advises them to protect the ones they love but she is still strict towards Cure Princess, saying that she doesn't expect anything from her.
In episode 19, when the Cures are trapped in a net, Fortune arrives, hits the Saiark's balls back to it and saves the Cures. Lovely thanks her and together the four Cures fight the Saiarks and the Choiarks. Lovely uses her form change to purify the Choiarks. Fortune then attacks the Saiark and defeats it with Stardust Shoot, which helps the match to continue. Finally, Megumi's team wins. Gon gives Iona 60 dangos because she scored 2 goals, but she says the team did it together, so he should share dango for everyone. When Seiji, Megumi, Hime and Yuko are walking home, Iona runs to them and reveals herself as Cure Fortune, suggests Megumi and Yuko to team up with her, which makes Hime upset.
In episode 20, she reveals to the rest of the team that Hime is responsible for the Phantom Empire's invasion because she opened Axia. Upon learning that, Hime runs away. When the others try to look for her, Iona advises Megumi not to and that Hime doesn't deserve to be a Pretty Cure at first. During the battle with the Saiarks, Fortune teams up with Lovely to defeat them. Lovely tries to reason with Fortune about Hime, but she is still unsure. When they rub Ribbon's nose together, Hime watches and fears the worst - Lovely has kicked her out of the team in favor of Fortune and runs away again.
Confronting Phantom and dueling with him
Phantom summons a bunch of Saiarks in order to lure the Happiness Charge Pretty Cures, and Cure Fortune also helps in defeating them. She follows Phantom, but he is actually luring her into his trap by bringing her to his Pretty Cure Graveyard, where he kept all the Cures he defeated and as of the end of episode 21, they are about to duel. However, the duel is horribly one-sided and Phantom defeats Cure Fortune, shunting her back to her transitioned state. Taking her PreCards, Phantom destroys them and mocks her over her vengeance, revealing that her sister's defeat was not Hime's fault, but her own for following her. At that point, the Happiness Charge team arrived with Cure Princess confronting Iona and giving her all PreCards that they had collected. Iona ends up using the cards to restore her powers, creating her own device, the Fortune Piano, in the process. With a stronger resolve, Cure Fortune battles and vanquishes Phantom, recovering her sister's PreChanMirror. Through this, she apologizes to the Happiness Charge team and asks to join them, which makes everyone happy, especially Hime.
Her first shopping with Hime
The Cures decided to celebrate a party to welcome Iona to Happiness Charge Pretty Cure!. Megumi and Yuko wanted to make a cake, but they don't have enough ingredients. So, Hime and Iona must go to the supermarket together. Iona told that the supermarket which she usually goes to has cheaper things. There, they bought some vegetables and eggs. When they had bought enough, Hime saw Pretty Cure snacks and wanted to buy some. Iona disagreed, but Hime begged her. Ribbon told her not to be so selfish, but then Iona agreed. They went out and had a rest. Iona asked Hime why she opened Axia, and she told that she heard a sad voice from the box. Iona then ran away, but Hosshiwa appeared with two Saiarks, which made Fortune found it hard to fight. Princess arrived on time and together they fought them, with Fortune purified them with Starlight Ascension. Then Lovely and Honey came, and Princess told that they were late. Back to the embassy, they had a party with a cake, which had the Cures, Ribbon and Glasan's figurines.
Her first date and receiving the Innocent Form
Megumi, Hime and Yuko were trying to awake the power of the Shining Make Dresser. Iona came and they told her to do it. She then did some cute faces, which made the others surprised. At school, the trio asked her to do it once again, but she didn't. Meanwhile, Seiji and his friend Kaidou Yuya were watching and talking about Iona. When Hime told Iona to do it again, Yuya arrived and Hime left, watched her along with Megumi and Yuko. Yuya confessed to Iona that he liked her, and after thinking carefully, Iona decided to go for a date with him. The Cures, with Yuya and Seiji, went to the zoo, and they left Iona and Yuya behind. They watched the animals, played Frisbee and talked. Yuya told more about her, which made her embarrassed. She ran away to buy some ice-cream, but when she came back, Namakeldar was there with Yuya, who was turned into a Saiark. The girls came and they transformed, but were overpowered easily. However, Fortune didn't give up and she wanted to save Yuya. With this, her innocent feelings were awaken. She received new PreCards and transformed into her Innocent Form. She performed Emerald Illusion to trap the Saiark before purifying it with Happiness Big Bang. After that, Iona and Yuya apologized to each other. In the end, they were playing Frisbee again with Megumi, Hime, Yuko, Seiji, Ribbon and Glasan watching.
Saving her sister
At the end of episode 37, Cure Tender, who was now under Queen Mirage's control, arrived to free Oresky, who was about to be purified by Happiness Big Bang. Cure Fortune was shocked when she saw her, almost immediately recognizing her. She tried to reach out to Tender, but she could not hear her and kept referring to herself as Queen Mirage's servant. Fortune, along with the others, changed into their Innocent Forms to fight Tender and she continued to try to free her sister and help her remember who she really is. However, Queen Mirage always brought her back under control every time. Tender was about to land a fatal blow on Fortune when Lovely stepped in to take the hit, reminding her of how she stood in the way of Phantom's attack to protect Iona. When Fortune cried out as Mirage once again brought Tender back under her power, her feelings were able to awaken another power in the Shining Make Dresser, allowing the Cures to use Innocent Purification to free Tender. Soon after, they all de-transformed and Maria thanked everyone for helping her and Iona was happy to be reunited with her.
"The star of hope that glitters in the night sky! Cure Fortune!"
Yozora ni kirameku kibō no hoshi! Kyua Fōchun!
Cure Fortune (キュアフォーチュン Kyua Fōchun?) is Iona's alter ego. She is represented by stars. At first she uses Cure Tender's PreChanMirror to transform. But later, Phantom destroys her PreCards and takes her PreChanMirror, so she can't transform. However later, Hime gives her all the PreCards to fulfill her wish. She wishes to become a Pretty Cure again to rescue her friends, and she receives her new transformation device, the Fortune Piano. She uses the Fortune Tambourine to attack instead of the LovePreBrace.
The Fortune Piano opens up and a purple star shoots from it. Iona's hair lengthens and becomes a lighter shade of purple and she flashes her ring. She then jumps onto the first PreCard, with the other two inserted in before the door closes. She shouts her transformation phrase before playing the piano and her ring glows, initiating the sequence. She is seen in a light purple cape as stars pour out of the piano and start forming various parts of her outfit. She taps her head with the piano to form her hairpiece before jumping onto a giant purple heart, which forms the rest of her outfit. Her bow in the back appears before she does a couple of turns and poses, finishing her transformation.
Pine Arabian (パインアラビア Pain Arabia?) is a form that Cure Fortune can change into with the PreCards. It is unknown when she received the cards for this form.
Anmitsu Komachi (あんみつこまち Anmitsu Komachi?) is another form that Cure Fortune can change into with the PreCards. This form represents Japanese traditional dance.
Innocent Form (イノセントフォーム Inosento Fōmu?) is an upgraded form that Cure Fortune receives from the Shining Make Dresser. Her weapon is a pink micro-like item, and she can perform Emerald Illusion with it.
- Stardust Shoot (スターダストシュート Sutādasuto Shūto?) is the first finisher used by Cure Fortune, debuting in episode 1. She first moves by saying "Light of the stars, turn into holy powers! LovePreBrace!" later as she activates her LovePreBrace, she creates a big purple star with her hands, and later shoots it at the enemy, while saying "Stardust Shoot!". As the star traps the enemy, Cure Fortune says "Stars, return to the skies!" and the Saiark purifies. It appears that she loses the ability to use this attack now that she has gained new powers.
- Star Stream (スターストリーム Sutā Sutorīmu?) is the second finisher used by Cure Fortune.
- Starlight Ascension (スターライトアセンション Sutāraito Asenshon?) is the third finisher used by Cure Fortune, performed with the Fortune Tambourine.
- Oriental Dream (オリエンタルドリーム Orientaru Dorīmu?) is Pine Arabian's main attack, performed with Fortune Tambourine.
- Sakura Blizzard Dance (さくらふぶきの まい Sakura Fubuki no Mai?) is Anmitsu Komachi's main attack, performed with Fortune Tambourine.
- Happiness Big Bang (ハピネスビッグバン Hapinesu Biggu Ban?) is her first group attack, where she needs the Shining Make Dresser.
- Emerald Illusion (エメラルドイリュージョン Emerarudo Iryūjon?) is her individual attack using the power of the Shining Make Dresser, in her Innocent Form.
- Innocent Purification (イノセントプリフィケーション Inosento Purifikēshon?) is her second group attack along with Lovely, Princess and Honey, where she needs the Shining Make Dresser and the Innocent Harmony Mic. To perform it, all the girls must be in their Innocent Form.
Iona's voice actor, Tomatsu Haruka, has participated in several image songs for the character she voices. Many of them include duets with Nakajima Megumi, who voices Aino Megumi, Han Megumi, who voices Shirayuki Hime, and Kitagawa Rina, who voices Omori Yuko.
- Happiness is the Password ~Yes! Happiness Charge!~ (Along with Nakajima Megumi, Han Megumi and Kitagawa Rina)
- Where Courage is Born (Along with Nakajima Megumi, Han Megumi and Kitagawa Rina)
- I believe. We believe. (Along with Han Megumi)
- Innocent Harmony (Along with Nakajima Megumi, Han Megumi and Kitagawa Rina)
- Iona usually says "Transformation complete!" every time she uses a PreCard.
- Iona, along with the other Happiness Charge Cures, appeared as Cure Fortune to give a special 10th Anniversary Congratulatory Message commemorating the 500th episode of the Pretty Cure franchise.
- While one of Fortune's form changes is based on Japanese dance, the other, Pine Arabian, mirrors the distorted take on the Middle Eastern folk dance "Belly dance" by modern non-Middle Eastern people.
- The outfit Iona wears in the movie is the same she is seen wearing briefly in the opening.
- Main Page: Hikawa Iona/Image Gallery
|V • T • EHappiness Charge Pretty Cure! characters|
|Cures||Aino Megumi/Cure Lovely • Shirayuki Hime/Cure Princess • Omori Yuko/Cure Honey • Hikawa Iona/Cure Fortune • Hikawa Maria/Cure Tender • International Pretty Cure Teams|
|Mascots||Ribbon • Glasan • Aloalo • PhanPhan|
|Villains||Deep Mirror/Red • Queen Mirage/Cure Mirage • Namakelder • Hosshiwa • Oresky • Phantom • Madam Momere • Saiark • Choiark|
|Others||Blue • Sagara Seiji • Sagara Mao • Aino Kaori • Sagara Hiroko • Izumi • Omori Yoko • Omori Takeo • Omori Ai • Omori Ine • Omori Yonezo • Masuko Miyo • Shiina Elena • Furuta Kana • Takano Rei • Ishigami Rin • Hitomi • Yamazaki Kenta • Kaidou Yuya • Jindaiji Mami • Aino Masaru|
|Movie only||Orihara Tsumugi • Prince Zeke • Black Fang • Funassyi • Funagora|