Her alter ego is Cure Lemonade (キュアレモネード Kyua Remonēdo?) and she is known as the Pretty Cure of Effervescence.
Urara is a young girl with golden blonde hair worn in pigtails held with red scrunchies and gold eyes. In GoGo!, she wears a pale yellow turtleneck beneath a brown blouse, a golden yellow knee-length skirt, and brown and pink heels worn with pale yellow socks. In the summer, she switches to white and pale-yellow ruffled top beneath a cropped light yellow camisole with fuchsia checkered lines. She also wears white socks with orange shorts and sandals, and her scrunchies are replaced with same-colored bows.
Her casual outfit in the Yes! Pretty Cure 5: Kagami no Kuni no Miracle Daibouken! movie consists of a dirt brown and cream sweater with a pink and orange shawl lined with fringe along with hunter green shorts, pale yellow stockings and golden brown boots. In Yes! Pretty Cure 5 GoGo!: Okashi no Kuni no Happy Birthday!, she wears a yellow dress with a thin orange bow in the front along with a pale yellow jacket. She also wears orange shoes with slightly loose pale yellow socks and ribbons in her hair.
As Cure Lemonade, her eyes and hair turn bright yellow, worn up in thick cones with curled, waist-length strands sticking out of the tips to accent the curls by each ear. She gains yellow butterfly earrings and a ribbon on the neck.
As Super Cure Lemonade, her attire partially changes in style and she gains giant yellow butterfly wings.
In GoGo!, Lemonade's hair remains the same but she wears a pair of pale pink bows with red roses. Her earrings remain the same, but her shoes have become boots, her socks and gloves alter in shape. She now wears dark gold shorts and a pastel yellow ruffled, multi-layered dress with puffy sleeves and a yellow and gold vest. Her butterfly is now pale yellow and orange, with a string connected to her light blue gem attached to her CureMo.
As Rainbow Cure Lemonade, her outfit resembles Shining Dream's and her hair is brighter, worn with pale pink wing hair clips to match the rose on her chest. She gains small gold wings.
A bit materialistic, but calm and polite, referring to most of her friends with the suffix "-san". Urara is naturally cheery and sweet, but while she normally shows this to others without hesitation, she is actually very shy until she befriended Yumehara Nozomi. She is somewhat similar to Nozomi in that they are both shown rushing head-first into things, and they love eating.
She can also be absent-minded and a little clumsy, but she has more self-confidence in comparison. She also takes her work very seriously and has a busy lifestyle.
Family - Urara has a strong bond with her family, especially after the death of her mother, who was the major inspiration in her life that made her want to follow in her footsteps. She gets along very well with her father and they never fight.
Yumehara Nozomi - When Nozomi happily introduced herself to Urara and offered to show her around the school, they became fast friends. Urara strongly admires Nozomi, as shown when she entrusts her fears and doubts to her seniorYPC519.
Syrup - Urara is very kind and understanding after they met, and she shows signs of having bonded with him over time, much like how Nozomi, Komachi, and Karen bonded Coco, Natts, and Milk. Syrup has come to open up to Urara over time and shows her less attitude.
Kasugano (春日野?): Kasu (春?) translates to "spring" and ga (日?) translates to "sun" or "day". Together, as "spring day", they most likely refer to Cure Lemonade's light-based powers and the common association of light and spring days, as well as the light given off by the sun. No (野?) translates to "plain" or "field", and is a common component in Japanese surnames.
Urara (うらら?): A name with a few potential meanings depending on how it is written in kanji, and Urara's name is written in hiragana instead. However, the most likely intended meaning is "bright and beautiful".
Her name means, "bright beauty of a spring day".
Yes! Pretty Cure 5
After witnessing Nozomi and Rin transform into Pretty Cure, Urara confronted them after formally being introduced. She was unable to get an answer however, due to having to leave, and later meets up with Nozomi when she finishes her work and the two hang out together for a while. There she gains encouragement from Nozomi to just be herself. But when she is on stage later on, Rin, Nozomi, and Coco get confronted by Gamao who demands the Dream Collet. They keep telling her to leave but she refused until being yelled at and frightened from the fight. However, Urara is reminded of Nozomi's words and returns and the yellow butterfly appears to turn into a Pinky Catch, allowing her to change into Cure Lemonade.
Yes! Pretty Cure 5 GoGo!
Hajikeru remon no kaori, Kyua Remonēdo!
Cure Lemonade (キュアレモネード Kyua Remonēdo?), also known as the Cure of Effervescence, is the alter Pretty Cure ego of Urara and uses the element of light. Her clothes are very unique compared to the others, as she has a fluffier, more feminine feel to her uniform, like most of the yellow colored Cures. As Cure Lemonade, Urara has much more confidence and does not hesitate as much as in human form. Alone, Cure Lemonade can perform the attack Lemonade Flash. When her powers get upgraded with the Lemonade Castanet, she uses Lemonade Shining. At the end of the first season, all the five girls can combine their powers and do the attack Five Explosion.
In Yes! Pretty Cure 5 GoGo!, her dress is unique once again with an extra row of frills and another kind of skirt. Cure Lemonade now uses the attack Prism Chain who is able to use it to stop the enemy from moving. With the other five girls and their Cure Fleurets half through the season, she can perform Rainbow Rose Explosion and, with Milky Rose, Floral ExplosionYPC5GG48.
Super Cure Lemonade
Super Cure Lemonade (スーパーキュアレモネード Sūpā Kyua Remonēdo?) appears in Yes! Pretty Cure 5: Kagami no Kuni no Miracle Daibouken!, thanks to the Miracle Lights.
Her powers are greatly increased and she can now fly because of her butterfly wings.
Cure Rainbow Lemonade
Cure Rainbow Lemonade (キュアレインボーレモネード Kyua Reinbō Remonēdo?) is an upgrade Cure Lemonade gains in Pretty Cure All Stars DX 2: Kibou no Hikari - Rainbow Jewel o Mamore!. Together with the others' upgrades, the group of seventeen girls form the group Cure Rainbow. This upgraded outfit resembles that of Shining Dream from Yes! Pretty Cure 5 GoGo!: Okashi no Kuni no Happy Birthday!, except with the color yellow instead of pink and a pair of small golden wings instead of grand white ones.
Pretty Cure Metamorphose! - "Pretty Cure Metamorphose!" is the official phrase used by Urara to transform into Cure Lemonade in Yes! Pretty Cure 5 and Yes! Pretty Cure 5 GoGo!.
In Yes! Pretty Cure 5, Urara's Pink Catch opens and she shouts, "Pretty Cure..." She makes a circular motion with her arm and shouts, "...Metamorphose!" Then, her body becomes covered in a golden glow. Her top and brooch appear first, followed by her arm warmers, skirt, leg warmers and shoes. Her hair then gets styled, her Pinky Catch closes and Cure Lemonade recites her introductory speech.
In Yes! Pretty Cure 5 GoGo!, Urara's CureMo opens and she presses the buttons while saying, "Pretty Cure Metamorphose!" The CureMo's screen glows and her body becomes surrounded in yellow sparkles. There is a yellow tunnel with light showing at the end. Urara then appears with her boots appearing first, then her arm warmers and finally her skirt and top. Finally, Cure Lemonade flies down, opens her eyes and recites her introductory speech.
- Lemonade Flash (レモネードフラッシュ?): Cure Lemonade holds out her hands, then puts them to her chest. Her item appears in front of her, she holds out both her hands and releases a cluster of yellow butterflies, which fly above her and attack the enemy.
- Lemonade Shining (レモネードフラッシュ?): This is the upgrade version of Lemonade Flash. Yellow light from Cure Lemonade's butterfly bow shines, whereas the light follows her right arm. When it has reached her fingertips, the Lemonade Castanet appears. The item opens and closes, and like her first attack, she holds out her hands, then puts them to her chest. Her item appears in front of her, she holds out both her hands and releases a cluster of yellow butterflies, which fly above her and attack the enemy.
- Prism Chain (プリズムチェーン?): Cure Lemonade makes fists with both hands and crosses them in front of her chest, causing a butterfly-shaped emblem to glow with her signature color. Cure Lemonade's hands glow yellow and a chain of butterflies is formed. She sends out the two chains as whip to hit or grab the enemy.
- Five Explosion (ファイブエクスプロージョン?): This is a group attack she performs with the other Cures during Yes! Pretty Cure 5. To perform it, they need the Symphony Set and for Milk's willpower to be at its peak. For this attack, they ram the enlarged set into the enemy to purify it.
- Rainbow Rose Explosion (レインボーローズエクスプロージョン?): This is a group attack she performs with the other Cures during Yes! Pretty Cure 5 GoGo! For it, they need the Cure Fleurets. The attack itself has them summoning roses in their respective theme colors that combine to purify the enemy.
Urara's voice actor, Ise Mariya, has participated in several image songs for the character she voices. Many of them include duets with Sanpei Yuko, who voices Yumehara Nozomi, Takeuchi Junko, who voices Natsuki Rin, Nagano Ai, who voices Akimoto Komachi, Maeda Ai, who voices Minazuki Karen, and later, Sendai Eri, who voices Milk/Mimino Kurumi.
- Metamorphose ~Young Girls LOVE&DREAM~ (Along with Sanpei Yuko, Takeuchi Junko, Nagano Ai, and Maeda Ai)
- 1.2. Shoot! ~Five Explosion~ (Along with Sanpei Yuko, Takeuchi Junko, Nagano Ai, and Maeda Ai)
- Tomorrow, A Flower Blooms. Smiles, Bloom. (Along with Sanpei Yuko, Takeuchi Junko, Nagano Ai, Maeda Ai, and also Sendai Eri)
- Shine 5 Hearts (Along with Sanpei Yuko, Takeuchi Junko, Nagano Ai, and Maeda Ai)
- In the Pretty Cure All Stars Suite Flower Card Collection, Urara is represented by the snapdragon, which symbolizes purity and being daring in the Language of Flowers.
- Urara, along with Miki from Fresh Pretty Cure!, Makoto from Doki Doki! Pretty Cure, Kirara from Go! Princess Pretty Cure and Yakushiji Saaya from HUGtto! Pretty Cure, are the only Cures to attain fame. Saki from Futari wa Pretty Cure Splash Star nearly reached this, only to turn it down.FwPCSS38
- Urara appeared as Cure Lemonade to give the 10th Anniversary Congratulatory Message in episode 24 of Happiness Charge Pretty Cure!.
- Urara's voice actress formerly played Yamaguchi Mari in Futari wa Pretty Cure Splash Star.
- Urara's hair is slightly similar to the hairstyle of the Libra Star Princess from Star☆Twinkle Pretty Cure.
- Yakushiji Saaya from HUGtto! Pretty Cure said she was a fan of Urara's acting.
- Main Page: Kasugano Urara/Image Gallery
|V • T • EYes! Pretty Cure 5 characters|
|Cures||Yumehara Nozomi/Cure Dream • Natsuki Rin/Cure Rouge • Kasugano Urara/Cure Lemonade • Akimoto Komachi/Cure Mint • Minazuki Karen/Cure Aqua • (Mimino Kurumi/Milky Rose)|
|Mascots||Coco • Natts • Milk • (Syrup) • Pinkies • (Mailpo) • (Four Rulers)|
|Nightmare||Kowaina • Girinma • Gamao • Arachnea • Bunbee • Bloody • Hadenya • Kawarino • Desperaia|
|Eternal||Hoshina • Scorp • Bunbee • Nebatakos • Isohgin • Yadokhan • Shibiretta • Mucardia • Anacondy • Boss|
|Others||Yumehara Tsutomu • Yumehara Megumi • Natsuki Kazuyo • Natsuki Yu • Natsuki Ai • Kasugano Michel • Kasugano Heizou • Kasugano Maria • Washio Kouta • Akimoto Madoka • Minazuki Taro • Minazuki Minako • Jii-ya/Sakamoto • Masuko Mika • Otaka-san • The Headmaster • Kudou Mayu • Miyamoto Kanako • (Four Rulers) • (Flora)|
|Movie only||Dark Pretty Cure 5 • Shadow • Migirin • Hidarin • (Chocola) • (Mushiban) • (Dry) • (Bitter) • (Queen Dessert)|