Kirahoshi Ciel (キラ星 シエル?) is one of the six main Cures in KiraKira☆Pretty Cure A La Mode. She is known as the "Genius Pâtissière" who had been working in Paris, France before paying a visit to Ichigozaka for a special demonstration.
Her catchphrases are "Bonjour!" (「ボンジュール！」 Bonjūru!?), which is French for "Hello" and "Très Bien!" (「トレビアン！」 Torebian!?), which is French for "Very good". She usually ends her sentences with "~kira" (キラ?) as Kirarin.
- 1 Bio
- 2 History
- 2.1 Preseason
- 2.2 Arriving at Ichigozaka and Opening Her Pop-Up Shop
- 2.3 Revealing her identity as a fairy and aspiration to become a Pretty Cure
- 2.4 Reconciling with her brother and becoming Cure Parfait
- 2.5 New Start as Cure Parfait
- 2.6 Relationship with Bibury
- 2.7 Convincing Solaine
- 2.8 Understanding Pikario
- 2.9 Epilogue
- 3 Abilities
- 4 Cure Parfait
- 5 Songs
- 6 Trivia
- 7 Gallery
- 8 References
As Kirarin, she is a small cream-colored rabbit-like fairy with pastel pink curled bangs and two fluffy ears jutting from the left of her head, held together by a red berry with two small leaves, and a matching, puffy tail. Her eyes are blue with green pupils that have yellow sparkles in them. She wears a magenta scarf around her neck.
As Ciel, her long blonde hair flares out, worn with a magenta headband with a decoration resembling her fairy form ears and accessory. Her eyes turn teal. She wears a teal and white dress and a magenta bow, white stockings, and magenta shoes. In the autumn, she wears a teal and white long-sleeved dress and a darker colored skirt with lighter layers. Near the waist is a magenta ribbon to match her boots. During winter, she wears a white long-sleeve blouse with a magenta ribbon on the chest and a green skirt. Her boots are pale turquoise. At times she wears a green coat with pale turquoise fluffy trim, and mint gloves. In the movie, she wears a white long-sleeved shirt with a mahogany skirt held up by suspenders and light brown boots. At the party, she wears a teal dress with a light blue capelet, white gloves, and pink high heels.
As Cure Parfait, her hair turns pastel pink and is worn in a ponytail. She gains white Pegasus ears, wings, and a flowing tail, along with a parfait on a headband, yellow pearl choker, and yellow-green pearl earrings. Her turquoise dress has slices of orange, kiwi, and melon on the corner of the chest, along with a berry and leaf. Her sweets pact rests on a winged bow on her left hip, her angled skirt resides over a white and pale turquoise layer beneath it. Hanging own the side is pastel green, yellow, and orange pleat fabric, and red ruffles. She also wears white long gloves and white boots with a pink platform sole.
As Super Cure Parfait, her dress lightens in color and the top of her skirt forms a peplum that hangs from the back. The pieces of fabric hanging down one side now circle the skirt. Her tail grows in length, while her wings gain a secondary layer in grow in size.
In her A La Mode Style, her hair gains more volume and her headband turns into a fluffy pale turquoise piece, the parfait on top is slightly altered and gets a pearl chain. Her dress gains a white winged piece beneath the berry and leaf on the chest, from it is a white strap wrapped around her neck. Yellow sleeves hang off-shoulder with ruffled pale turquoise fabric, and her skirt grows in size, the white portion now reaching the ground with large teal spheres around the hem. The red fabric on the side of her skirt remains but is longer, with pastel yellow and raspberry sections over it, green grapes, and a large orange slice. Her gloves become sleeves with a pastel pink cuff.
Sweet, lively and generous, Ciel/Kirarin is said to be a genius patissière who wishes to make others happy through the sweets she makes. She is extremely diligent and always sought for improvement in order to become perfect as shown during her time as an apprentice in her fairy form, and her efforts paid off as she acquired the ability to transform into a human, which she goes under the name of Ciel.
However, success soon blinded her, and she began to neglect to her brother Pikario, which led to their estrangement. She was truly overwhelmed by her guilt and self-hatred of not understanding him like Ichika does, which turned out to be her fatal weakness and begot to her loss of her dream after Noir thieved her Kirakirarus, but fortunately she then overcame her sadness after tasting one of her brother's failed waffles and learned to understand her brother Pikario with a deeper comprehension.
Also, her desire of achieving perfection by relying herself so as to avert embarrassment can be an obstacle for her. For example, she refused to admit how she always revert into fairy form when extremely hungry, which ignited a chaos at school. But as the series progresses, she begins to accept help from her friends and cooperate with them.
Overall, Ciel is a caring and goodhearted girl who not only cares for her brother and friends, but also her enemies. For example, she treats Bibury with kindness during her encounters with the latter and even rescuing the latter courageously.
- Kuroki Rio / Pikario - Pikario is Kirarin/Ciel's younger twin brother. Before the events of the season, Kirarin and Pikario were training in Paris to become professional patissiers. Pikario was then turned evil, but with the help of the other Cures, he was purified, to Ciel's relief. Despite giving his sister the cold shoulder at first, Rio later sacrifices himself so that she can become Cure Parfait. When Pikario was comatose, Ciel was concerned of his health and was glad after he recovered. The two are intimate even though Pikario usually gets embarrassed by Kirarin's affection.
- Usami Ichika - In spite of her title being the "Genius Pâtissière", Ciel actually admires Ichika being a Cure and is eager for Ichika to become her teacher. In episode 22, though, she felt envious towards Ichika having a better understanding to her brother than herself.
- Jean-Pierre Zylberstein - Her master whom she admires for his tremendous passion on making desserts, and she even has some fantasies towards him, as shown in the the movie. In spite of his approval towards Ciel, the two grew distant after Ciel departed from him until she revisited him during the movie's events, and she is upset to his criticism towards her change. After recalling the memories he had with Ciel upon tasting the mille-feuille she and the other Cures made for him and regaining his sanity, their relationship is repaired.
- Pekorin - Ciel and Pekorin are good friends. Although Pekorin and the other fairies couldn't recognize Ciel because of her human form at first, the former was shown to be glad on meeting her again since their separation after Ciel reverted into her fairy form.KKPCALM21Pekorin also helped Ciel (Kirarin) to heal Pikario in episode 24 and the duo cooperated with each other well as seen in episode 48.
- Bibury - Although both are initially enemies, Ciel seems to be quite kind to Bibury. She is able to discern Bibury's crippling loneliness, and has always wanted to help Bibury by befriending her through offering tasty sweets. After Bibury defects, Ciel accepts Bibury as a friend and allows Bibury to work at her restaurant.
- Solaine - Solaine was Ciel's mentor when she was working at the shop "MON TRESOR". Back then, they promised to aim for the top together until Ciel decided to leave. Solaine is disappointed with her departure, therefore criticizing her a lot during her visit to Ichigozaka. But after tasting Ciel's pudding, she understands Ciel's wish and allows her to stay and be with her friends.
Kirahoshi (ギラ星?) - Kira (ギラ?) is part of the word "kirakira" which means "glittering" or "shining" in Japanese. Hoshi (星?) means "star". So her name can be literally translated as "glittering star" or "shining star". However, using the kanji 綺羅, kira may also mean "fine clothes".
Ciel (シエル?) is the French word for "sky".
Her fairy name Kirarin (キラリン?) means "shining".
Parfait means "perfect" in French. It's also a frozen dessert originated from France.
Ciel, born as Kirarin, used to live with her twin brother Pikario in Ichigoyama, where the two shared their love of making desserts together. Desiring for improvement and becoming Legendary Pâtisseries, they travelled to Paris, France to be trained under Jean-Pierre Zylberstein while residing in an attic, in which she later got scouted and was educated more by a lady named Solaine. However, after Kirarin acquired her human form because of her efforts, she began bragging about her future goals, but was oblivious to how she had wounded Pikario's self-esteem, which led to him ultimately abandoning her.KKPCALM22
After being scouted by Solaine, Ciel had led to the rise of Paris economy and the popularity of the shop MON TRESOR, and was praised as the Seine of Sweets. Nonetheless, Ciel later wanted to pursue her goal a bit further, thus she left a note about her wish to travel around the world behind and departed from France. KKPCALM37
Arriving at Ichigozaka and Opening Her Pop-Up Shop
At the end of episode 18, Ciel arrives at Ichigozaka from Paris to open her pop-up shop Ciel de rève. At the beginning of the next episode, she is seen near Ichigoyama and turns back into her fairy form Kirarin, appearing upset. Later that day, now Ciel again, she appears at a fruit stand in the shopping district the Cures were shopping at and startles them, wearing only a pair of sunglasses to conceal her identity as a famous patissière. She soon reveals her identity, causing a crowd to draw around her and the KiraPati girls to be shocked at being in her presence. She then announces that she will open a shop there for a limited time and hold a special demonstration for the spectators. The next day, the girls come by to see Ciel, and are marvelled by her ability to create fancier sweets than the ones they are used to seeing. Ichika is so impressed that she asks Ciel if she could be her apprentice, but she immediately turns it down.
In episode 20, Ciel demonstrates a live cook-off which impresses the townspeople. She once again turns down Ichika's request on passing on her skills, but gets to know Ichika better as a person when exploring the mountains to collect ingredients with her. Her fancy pancakes are a big hit with the audience. Just as the atmosphere of the show is heating up, Ciel almost gets harmed by Bibury who turns Iru into a monster, until Cure Whip comes to the rescue, establishing her budding admiration. Afterwards, Ciel is surprised why Ichika's pancakes, albeit ordinary, are able to have an abundance of Kirakiraru.
Revealing her identity as a fairy and aspiration to become a Pretty Cure
Later, in episode 20, upon witnessing the Cures' battle with Bibury, Ciel forms an even stronger admiration for them, and her faith is affirmed after they rescue her, though she is oblivious that the Cures are actually Ichika and the others.
Then in episode 21, Ichika meets her as a fairy when visiting her shop, but is unaware that she is indeed Ciel. That night, while Ichika and the others are teaching the other fairies how to bake and cook, Ciel decides to reveal her true identity as a fairy in front of the Cures and her fellow fairies after realizing that none of her fairy companions can recognize her in her human form, much to the astonishment of the humans, especially Ichika. She instantly begs Ichika to train her into becoming a Cure after watching them transform in front of her, helping them by protecting them from an attack from Bibury and being rescued by the Cures after reverting into her fairy form once again, though Cure Whip has no idea how to do so.
Reconciling with her brother and becoming Cure Parfait
Picking up from where Julio's sudden appearance had left off, episode 22 reveals that Julio is Kirarin's long lost twin brother Pikario all along, shocking her. She tries to feel glad upon reuniting with him, only to be coldly rejected by Julio. Kirarin then tearfully tells her backstory between her and Pikario to the human Cures. She starts beating herself up for being unable to understand her younger brother's emotional agony that made him go astray although Whip purifies Julio with the help of Lumière.
In episode 23, Ciel's self-hatred overpowers her ambition and motivations of improving herself as a pâtissier and becoming a Cure, and her Kirakiraru ends up being taken by Noir consequently, making her succumb to endless despair. However, after tasting Pikario's failed waffles, Ciel begins to empathize with her brother and makes him a "Pegasus parfait" upon recalling the memory of how he baked her waffles to comfort her after her favorite whisk broke. She ultimately gains her Sweets Pact and her Pegasus parfait turns into her Animal Sweet, allowing her to become Cure Parfait with the hopes of healing Pikario, who is mortally wounded by Noir's arrow. After Pikario's rod is purified and becomes the Rainbow Ribbon, Parfait takes it and is able to incapacitate Bibury, who merged with Iru. She then uses her newfound attack, Un・Deux・Très Bien! Kirakuru・Rainbow!, to purify and send Bibury flying. After the battle ends, Pikario appears to fade away in a stream of Kirakiraru, which flies up to Ichigoyama's shrine so he can recover, but it still leaves the Cures, especially Parfait, extremely saddened.
New Start as Cure Parfait
In episode 24, after Chourou informs her that Pikario is being protected by the ancient Pretty Cure's Kirakiraru, Parfait wishes that Pikario will recover and vows to strive harder so that he will feel proud of her when he wakes up. She and the other Cures then receive the sacred messages from the ancient Pretty Cure, and Whip encourages her that everything will be different with her on the team. Later on, when Ciel continues to vow on working more diligently herself, she is amazed by a group of passersby who are training for Ichika's father's karate lesson and joins them, and is glad to meet Ichika at the same time, until she worries about getting hungry upon smelling the curry, though fortunately Ichika has cooked enough curry to satisfy her hunger. The next day, wanting to learn more about Ichika's life, she transfers herself to Ichigozaka Middle School and thanks to her fame as the Patessire Prodigy and excellence on solving a mathematical question and able to dunk a basketball in mathematics and P.E. class respectively, she quickly earns admiration from her classmates. But things begin to go awry for her in the language lesson due to her lack of knowledge on Japanese, and they only get worse because after she was offered some lunches from the girls' classmates, she can't restrain her hunger and reverts back into Kirarin, which causes her to be mistaken for a weird animal and gets chased by everyone at school, but she has a narrow escape thanks to Ichika, Aoi and Himari, who distract their classmates, schoolmates and even the principal. There, she finally confesses her weakness of forcibly turning back into fairy form when hungry and feels ashamed of the chaos she has caused, but her friends still help her out by feeding her their share of their lunches. Parfait tries to repent her mistake during the battle with Grave with her Rainbow Ribbon, but gets overpowered until she accepts her friends' assistance. After turning into Kirarin again as the battle concludes, Ichika announces it's snack time and with Ciel being fed, she bakes baby bird cupcakes together with her friends and officially joins KIRAKIRA Patisserie.
Relationship with Bibury
In episode 26, during the time when she and her friends are stranded on an island, Ciel as Kirarin comes across Bibury, who also suffers from the same fate. Bibury tries to attack her with Iru but to no avail. After her friends make some shaved ice for her to taste, she wants to share the penguin-like shaved ice with Bibury so that the latter won't be lonely any longer. However, after Iru merges with the shaved ice, she and her friends have to become Pretty Cures to go against Bibury, and during the battle Parfait realizes that Bibury is greatly saddened by Noir's absence, so she later rescues Bibury, who is flabbergasted by her kindness. After she purifies Iru and soon de-transforms, Ciel offers the dessert to Bibury, only to be coldly rejected and watches the Kirakiraru being absorbed into Iru's body, before finding out that her Sphere has become the Pegasus Crystal Animal right after Bibury flies away on the back of giant Iru. Although she is slightly upset by Bibury's rejection, she and Ichika believe that Bibury will accept their friendship one day.
In episode 37, Ciel's mentor Solaine visits her and criticizes her for being in Ichigozaka which isn't as top class as Paris, and just wants her to join the contest in France. Ciel later explains that Solaine means well despite being pushy, until Ichika asks about her true dream. This makes Ciel reconsider and with Bibury's unintentional advice, she decides to make some pumpkin puddings, allowing her friends to add a hamster topping the next day after the battle with Elisio. In the end, Solaine, after tasting the pudding, is impressed by how much she has grown and lets her stay with her friends and even invites all of them to the contest.
In episode 41, Ciel tries becoming reacquainted with Rio by giving him lots of love. When Rio is wrongly accused for stealing Kirakiraru, Ciel attempts to help him out, despite feeling troubled for being involved. Rio then isolates her, blaming himself while running away in frustration.
While her friends distract the villains, Ciel catches up with Rio and forbids him from leaving. He insists that it is none of her business and only wants to run away, still feeling guilty for what he had done in the past. She knows that Rio is in denial of how much he loves making sweets from the waffle he left at Lumière's altar. Rio then admits that he regrets allowing his jealousy to damage their relationship. Ciel forgives him and is willing to help him.
With her newfound strength, Parfait is able to defeat Elisio. The shopkeepers apologize to Ciel for accusing her brother, and she forgives them, even letting Rio give them waffles as their relationship appears to improve.
Years later, Ciel and Rio become renowned pâtissières of their co-op shop and participate in various competitions.
- She can change between her human and fairy forms at will, but she can't maintain her human form if she is too hungry.
- In fairy form, sometimes her ears change color to show her mood, just like Pekorin's.
- She has the ability of flight as a fairy.
- Her headbutts are very powerful that they can inflict damage or knock down a person, whether she is in human form or as a fairy.
Yume to Kibō wo! Rettsu・Ra・Mazemaze! Kyua Parufe! Dekiagari!
Cure La Mode・Decoration!: The sequence begins with Ciel's Sweets Pact opening up and her reflection is shown in the mirror. She is now wearing a translucent rainbow-colored dress and she then shouts "Cure La Mode・Decoration!". Her Animal Sweet appears and she then shouts "Parfait!" as she grabs it and inserts it into the pact. Then a small light pink beater-like pen appears, which she takes and presses the light pink stars, saying "dreams" when pressing the first one and "hope" after pressing the second one. Beams of magenta and lime green-colored light respectively shine from the small bowl-like part of the pact after she presses them. She then shouts "Let's・La・Mix It All Up!" as she uses the stylus to mix the two lights together, which spin around and coalesce into rainbow-colored ice cream. It swirls around before turning into various fruits.
Ciel then swipes some of the cream from her pact and spins around, connecting the fruits and making ice cream appear. Then a glass appears and the fruits and ice cream merge to form a parfait, which quickly disappears, leaving Ciel with her dress now on. Then, a parfait appears and lands on the right side of her head before she removes her hair decoration, which turns into a bunch of cherries that surround her hair and cause it to grow and change to light pink. Then her earrings and the cherry decoration on the bodice appear. Then a pair of feathery white wings appear as she flies around and the rainbow-colored ruffle on the right side of her skirt appears. Her Animal Sweet then appears, with her boots forming, and a white horse tail appearing in the back and her wings becoming smaller. Her pegasus ears then appear as she introduces herself. She then flies around briefly before striking her finishing pose.
- Un・Deux・Très Bien! Kiracle・Rainbow! (アン・ドゥ・トレビアン！ キラクル・レインボー！?) is her first attack she uses. She requires the Rainbow Ribbon to use it.
- Parfait Étoile (パルフェエトワール?) is the solo sub attack that Cure Parfait uses. She first performs it in episode 24. To use it, she must use the Rainbow Ribbon.
- Animal Go Round! (アニマルゴーランド！?) is the group attack Cure Parfait performs with the other five Cures. To perform it, she must use the Kirakiraru Creamer and her Crystal Animal.
- Fantastic Animale (ファンタスティックアニマーレ！?) is the group attack Cure Parfait performs with the other five Cures. To perform it, she must she must use the Kirakiraru Creamer and her Crystal Animal and be in her A La Mode Style.
Ciel's voice actress, Minase Inori, has participated in several image songs for the character she voices. Many of them include duets with Miyama Karen, who voices Usami Ichika, Fukuhara Haruka, who voices Arisugawa Himari, Muranaka Tomo, who voices Tategami Aoi, Fujita Saki, who voices Kotozume Yukari, and Mori Nanako, who voices Kenjou Akira.
- Shine☆Avec☆Moi☆ (Along with Miyama Karen)
- Let's・La・Cookin'☆Showtime ~KIRAKIRA☆Patisserie・Version~ (Along with Miyama Karen, Fukuhara Haruka, Muranaka Tomo, Fujita Saki and Mori Nanako)
- Mémoire・Mille-feuille (Along with Miyama Karen, Fukuhara Haruka, Muranaka Tomo, Fujita Saki and Mori Nanako)
- According to Toei, Ciel's birthday is on July 30th, making her Zodiac Sign a Leo.
- She is the first main Cure to have studied in a foreign country. In this case, it's France.
- She is the first Cure to have rainbow as her theme color.
- Unlike the other KiraKira Cures who chant Kirakirakiraru for their attacks, Parfait chants Kirakirakirarin, a possible reference to her fairy form.
- She apparently learnt her catchphrase "Très Bien!" from her master Jean-Pierre.
- As revealed in the movie, she cannot effectively wield her powers as a Cure if she is stuck in her fairy form.
- She speaks in a French accent as Ciel, and sometimes uses French words such as "Oui" (French for "yes"), "Non" (French for "no") and "Parfait" (French for "perfect").
- Main Page: Kirahoshi Ciel/Image Gallery
|V • T • EKiraKira☆Pretty Cure A La Mode characters|
|Cures||Usami Ichika/Cure Whip • Arisugawa Himari/Cure Custard • Tategami Aoi/Cure Gelato • Kotozume Yukari/Cure Macaron • Kenjou Akira/Cure Chocolat • Kirahoshi Ciel/Cure Parfait|
|Mascots||Pekorin • Chourou • Kirarin • Pikario|
|Villains||Kirakiraru Thieves • Noir • Julio • Bibury • Elisio • Grave • Diable|
|Others||Usami Genichirou • Usami Satomi • Izumi Wataru • Nakano Hiroki • Kagurazaka Risa • Mitsuoka Junko • Sonobe Kei • Yokogawa Ryuuta • Asaka Sara • Misaki Ayane • Himukai Mariko • Kenjou Miku • Kenjou Tomi • Kodama Emiru • Tatsumi Daisuke • Nakamura Midori • Grocery Shop Owner • Mizushima Mitsuyoshi • Kotozume Shino • Tachibana Yuu • Prince Nata • Three-star Kitty|
|Movie only||Jean-Pierre Zylberstein • Cook|