In an attempt to infiltrate Pretty Cure, they attend Yuunagi Middle School as exchange students. She and her sister eventually end up befriending both Saki and Mai and later assists Pretty Cure in taking down the Dark Fall.
Michiru is a teenager with dark crimson eyes and dark velvet hair that is styled as neck length.
As Cure Bright, she wears a flowing long-sleeved chartreuse yellow garment with wine-red tights, red ear studs and white boots.
During her time with Dark Fall, her eyes had no light reflection, but after gaining the power of the moon, she has light reflections in her eyes, symbolizing an awake mind and her emotional growth.
At first, she seems cold-hearted, but after becoming friends with Saki and Mai, she mellows out and becomes a kinder person.
Like her sister Kaoru, Michiru is curious about the Land of Greenery due to being sheltered from the outside world. She serves as a Dark Fall spy but is conflicted about their purpose after becoming friends with the Cures. Compared to Kaoru, Michiru is more intrigued about the Land of Greenery and asks questions about the way people act.
- Kiryuu Kaoru: Michuru and Kaoru have a close knit sisterly bond. Along with her sister, she begged Akudaikan to stop so that she can change her own fate but ended up being seemly destroyed/imprisoned, though fortunately they were later freed. Michuru would normally speak for the two due to Kaoru being either too frank or less interested in talking. Kaoru once admitted to Minori that the way Michuru is able to communicate amazes her.
- Hyuuga Saki and Mishou Mai: Although Michiru and her sister are initially sent to destroy Saki and Mai by getting close to them, she ends up making friends with them instead. When Goyan used the Fairy Carafe to resurrect the old villains again she comes back with the help of Moop, Foop, and Princess Filia and helps Saki and Mai defeat them again.
- Hyuuga Minori: Confused by her behavior at first, Michiru began taking a liking to Minori and became close to her. Before going into Dark Fall, Michiru insisted that Saki should stay behind as Minori would be sad if something bad happens to her, only for Saki to remark that she will also be sad if the same should happen to her.
Kiri (霧?) - means "fog" or "mist".
yuu (生?) - means "pure".
Michiru (満?) - means "to complete" or "to mature", this verb is usually for describing the waxing moon, befitting her as the later wielder of the power of the moon.
Michiru and Kaoru were created by Akudaikan to stop the Fountain of Sky from being resurrected. While there, they sometimes expressed feelings of loneliness, taking comfort in each other. One day, they saw two fairies in trouble and saved them, though did not give it much thought afterwards.
Later on, Michiru and Kaoru were forced to fight their friends, Hyuuga Saki and Mishou Mai. Instead of fighting, because of their newly gained friendship with the two, Michiru and Kaoru sacrificed themselves to rescue Saki and Mai from their leader, Akudaikan. As a result of this, all memories of them in the Land of Greenery disappeared.
After the Dark Fall manages to steal the Fairy Carafe and resurrect all of the defeated denizens, Michiru and Kaoru are revived and join forces with Saki and Mai against the Dark Fall.
The two sisters decide to confront Akudaikan but they followed by the Cures. During the last battle, the Sky Tree grants Moop, Foop, Flappy and Choppy new power, enabling Saki and Mai to become Cure Bloom and Cure Egret while Michiru and Kaoru get the powers of the Moon and Wind respectively, to become Cure Bright and Cure Windy. They defeated Goyan together with Spiral Heart Splash Star.
Power of the Moon
In the last battle, Michiru gained the power of the moon and transformed into Cure Bright as Hyuuga Saki reverted to Cure Bloom. In this form, Michiru performed Spiral Heart Splash Star with Cure Bloom, Cure Egret, and her sister, Kiryuu Kaoru, who had gained the power of wind and became Cure Windy.
- Michiru is Cure Bright when she has the powers of the moon, making her and Kaoru the only major characters to have Pretty Cure's power while not beings treated as Cures by the Pretty Cure All Stars franchise.
- Michiru and Kaoru are the first villains who become heroic characters and live on Earth.
- While Kiriya was the first villain who was willing to be reformed, he didn't survive through to the end of his series, but was reborn in a new human body with no memories of his past life.
- Michiru shares her voice actress with Moop who also has the power of the moon.
- Main Page: Kiryuu Michiru/Image Gallery
|V • T • EFutari wa Pretty Cure Splash Star characters|
|Cures||Hyuuga Saki/Cure Bloom/Cure Bright • Mishou Mai/Cure Egret/Cure Windy|
|Mascots||Flappy • Choppy • Moop • Foop|
|Dark Fall||Karehan • Moerumba • Dorodoron • Ms. Shitataare • Kintoleski • Goyan • Uzaina • Akudaikan • Kiryuu Kaoru • Kiryuu Michiru|
|Others||Hyuuga Daisuke • Hyuuga Saori • Hyuuga Minori• Mishou Kanako • Mishou Kouichirou • Mishou Kazuya • Hoshino Shizue • Hoshino Kengo • Hoshino Kenta • Manabu Miyasako • Andou Kayo • Korone • Princess Filia • Itou Hitomi • Outa Yuuko • Takeuchi Ayano • Shinohara-sensei|
|Movie only||Sirloin • Hours • Minutes|