- 1 Bio
- 2 History
- 3 Cure Egret
- 4 Songs
- 5 Trivia
- 6 Gallery
- 7 References
Mai has gentle purple eyes and darker colored, straightened hair worn loose with a small amount pulled into a messy bun. For casual attire Mai often wears a cream and pink top with a pale blue jacket that has elbow-length sleeves, jeans, and white heels. During summer, she would wear a light blue dress with a pink collar and white sandals.
As Cure Egret, her hair brightens and grows out, with her bun turning into a ponytail held by a white band decorated with a bow and teal heart. She gains blue heart earrings. Her white and pink mini-dress has layered wing-like sleeves of white and pearl blue, with a white ribbon on the chest adorned by a teal stylized heart. Around the waist is a pointed milk blue ribbon with a heart on the corner, and layered over the skirt is a wing-like peplum with pale yellow inside coloring. She gains white frilly sleeves with a pink bad and teal butterfly gem, and matching colored ruffled leg warmers with a heart on the bottom and pale blue bow on the winged cuff. Her boots are white and pearl blue.
As Cure Windy, her dress turns lilac with white accenting and lace sleeves, while the top is now ruffled and longer, a pale blue color. Her waist ribbon turns white and pale pink and loses it's tails, with pale pink straps circling the shoulders. Her sleeves and leggings turn pale blue and white and alter in shape, the butterfly, hearts, and bows turning pale pink. Her boots are lilac and white.
As Cure Rainbow Windy Egret, her hair grows even longer and brighter. Her outfit contains various elements of both her Cure Egret and Cure Windy forms, and she gains small gold wings.
Mai is a calm, innocent, and serene young girl who is good at academics. Not only does she have an enthusiasm on drawing, but she is also loves science, which is highly influenced by both her parents being scientists. She likes to sketch things that have deep meanings to her and always draws inspiration from the happy events around her.
- Hyuuga Saki: Saki is Mai's best friend. In episode 1, there is a flashback of Saki and Mai as kids, standing below the Sky Tree and looking at the mysterious lights who turned out to be Flappy and Choppy. After the flashback, they talked about their past experiences and became Pretty Cure. They may disagree sometimes, but they always resolves their problems.
- Choppy: Mai's fairy partner. Like the other Pretty Cures and their fairies, Choppy and Mai are very close. Choppy often worries for Mai when she is down, and tries to cheer her up.
Mai (舞?): Translates to dance.
Her name means "beautiful flying dance."
Cure Egret: Based on the egret bird.
Cure Windy: Windy is an adjective noun used when the wind is being particularly strong, referring to Cure Windy's wind powers.
Reuniting with Saki and becoming Cure Egret
Five years after she meets a strange girl at the Sky Tree, Mai moves back into town on a random day. Seeing the Sky Tree in the forest by her new house, she goes to see it when she sees a girl there sitting with ice cream. The two girls feel as if they have met before but before they say anything, two small lights fall from the sky. This being Flappy and Choppy.
After Saki leaves, Mai keeps trying to remember who that girl is when she later shows up after being told that Choppy is in danger. It's then due to impatience the mascots reveal the girls had met five years ago at a festival when suddenly Karehan appears. Flappy and Choppy try to protect the girls but to no use, so with their desires they become Cure Bloom and Cure Egret.
As the series progresses she becomes closer to Saki. She makes many friends at Yuunagi Middle School and gets good grades. She eventually joins the Art Club and admired by many of the members and was even asked to design the monument for the school festival. Later in the series she befriends Michiru and Kaoru but finds they are part of an enemy group. She tries to save them along with Saki from the Dark Fall as they are hunted as traitors. Mai also helped Saki's bakery every once and a while.
The Final Battle
After saving Michiru and Kaoru, Saki and Mai went to the Dark Fall one last time to defeat Goyan. Whilst fighting Goyan was getting stronger and their attacks were going to no avail. During the Cure Windy gives her power to Kaoru, and reverts to Cure Egret. They use their final attack Spiral Heart Splash Star. After this Saki and Mai promise to go to their futures together.
Kirameku gin no tsubasa, Kyua Īguretto!
Cure Egret (キュアイーグレット Kyua Īguretto?) is Mai's alter ego, and is blessed with avian powers from the sky. When Karehan attacks Flappy and Choppy and creates an Uzaina, Choppy becomes the Mix Commune, allowing Mai to become Cure Egret.
Cure Egret stays in air more often for pertaining to the Sky, and has better speed and agility. Cure Egret exhibits a bluish silvery aura. She bears the avian symbol from Choppy on the back of her arm warmers. These symbols are always used for launching a group attack and retained when they attain their second form.
Daichi ni kaoru kaze, Kyua Uindi!
Cure Windy (キュアウィンディ Kyua Uindi?) is Cure Egret's alternative form that she obtains halfway through the series, and is blessed by the power of the wind, which is collected by Foop and used by Choppy.
Cure Rainbow Windy Egret
Cure Rainbow Windy Egret (キュアレインボーウインディエッグレ Kyua Reinbōu Indi Eggure?) is an upgrade Mai gains in Pretty Cure All Stars DX 2: Kibou no Hikari - Rainbow Jewel o Mamore!, which is a combined form of Cure Egret and Cure Windy. Together with the others' upgrades, the group of seventeen girls form the group Cure Rainbow.
- Twin Stream Splash (ツインストリーム・スプラッシュ?): is the first attack that she can performs with Bloom.
- Spiral Heart Splash (スプイラル ハート スプラッシュ?): is the upgraded version of Twin Stream Splash. To perform it she and Bloom need the Spiral Rings.
- Spiral Star Splash (スパイラルスタースプラッシュ?): is an attack that resemble Spiral Heart Splash. To perform it, she and Saki need their Cure Bright and Cure Windy form and the Spiral Rings.
- Spiral Heart Splash Star (スパイラル ハート スプラッシュ スター?): is the final attack that she used along with Bloom, Michiru and Kaoru against Goyan.
Mai's voice actor, Enomoto Atsuko, has participated in several image songs for the character she voices. Many of them include duets with Kimoto Orie, who voices Hyuuga Saki.
- Girl's Work (Along with Kimoto Orie)
- Leave It To Us★Splash☆Star★ (Along with Kimoto Orie)
- Ganbalance de Dance (Precure version) (Along with Kimoto Orie)
- Bicycle (Along with Kimoto Orie)
- Forever, Forever...Right (Along with Kimoto Orie, Yamaguchi Kappei and Matsuki Miyu)
- Yes! Pretty Cure Smile♪ ~Towards the Dream~ (Along with Kimoto Orie and Uchiyae Yuka)
- Pa!tto Sunny Sunny Jump♪ (Along with Kimoto Orie, Gojo Mayumi, and Uchiyae Yuka)
- Mai has an interesting picture of a wing shaped paint pallet with a paint brush on her jacket and pajamas. This refers to Mai's love for drawing and her bearing the power of the avian.
- Mai's birthday is on November 20th making her zodiac a Scorpio.
- Mai's blood type is AB.
- Mai is the only member of her family whose name doesn't start with a K (Kazuya, Kanako, and Kouichirou).
- In the Pretty Cure All Stars Suite Flower Card Collection, Mai is represented by the lily of the valley, which symbolizes happiness and a delicate personality in the Language of Flowers.
- Cure Egret's hairstyle is similar to the breeding plumage of the snowy egret, a bird species.
- Mai appears as Cure Egret to give the 10th Anniversary Congratulatory Message at the beginning of episode 6 in Happiness Charge Pretty Cure!.
- Main Page: Mishou Mai/Image Gallery
|V • T • EFutari wa Pretty Cure Splash Star characters|
|Cures||Hyuuga Saki/Cure Bloom/Cure Bright • Mishou Mai/Cure Egret/Cure Windy|
|Mascots||Flappy • Choppy • Moop • Foop|
|Dark Fall||Karehan • Moerumba • Dorodoron • Ms. Shitataare • Kintoleski • Goyan • Uzaina • Akudaikan • Kiryuu Kaoru • Kiryuu Michiru|
|Others||Hyuuga Daisuke • Hyuuga Saori • Hyuuga Minori• Mishou Kanako • Mishou Kouichirou • Mishou Kazuya • Hoshino Shizue • Hoshino Kengo • Hoshino Kenta • Manabu Miyasako • Andou Kayo • Korone • Princess Filia • Itou Hitomi • Outa Yuuko • Takeuchi Ayano • Shinohara-sensei|
|Movie only||Sirloin • Hours • Minutes|