Natsuki Rin (夏木 りん?) is one of the five main Cures in Yes! Pretty Cure 5 and Yes! Pretty Cure 5 GoGo!. She is a second-year student at L'École des Cinq Lumières, and she's also in the same class as Nozomi, and later Kurumi.
Her alter ego is Cure Rouge (キュアルージュ?) and she is known as the Pretty Cure of Passion.
Rin has short brown hair and matching eyes. Her casual attire in GoGo consists of a red and white raglan top, a crimson mini-skirt, beige boots, and dark grey stockings.
In the Yes! 5 Movie, she wears a red long sleeve top under a short-sleeved beige jacket with fluffy trim, a teal skirt and denim capris, and a pair of red and gold sneakers. During the summer, she wears a light red t-shirt with two pastel orange butterflies on it and a black belt, pale grey shorts, beige stockings and cream shoes.
In the Yes! 5 GoGo! movie, she wears a light red top with white cuffs, a mauve ribbon at the neck, and pale pink ruffles on the sides along with beige shorts and tan and brown lace-up boots.
As Cure Rouge in Yes! 5, her eyes and hair become bright red, growing out to resemble a flame with a magenta butterfly hair clip on the right. Her bangs are slightly grown out and she wears red butterfly earrings. She gains a white dress with red lining and a pale pink ruffled trim along the skirt and shoulders. Her gloves and socks match her dress, and on the chest is a red and purple butterfly with a green gem. A bow rests on the back of her skirt. She also gains dark pink shorts and a pair of orange and red boots. On the hand of each glove is a pastel red butterfly, and her Pinky Catch is worn on the wrist.
As Super Cure Rouge, she gains additional ruffles on the outfit and her boots lengthen. She gains large red butterfly wings.
In Yes! 5 GoGo!, her shorts and earrings remain the same, while her boots, gloves, and socks change in shape. Her hair accessory is now a three-leaf pale pink bow with a magenta rose. Her outfit is now pale pink with an apricot vest lined in red over it. Her flower is pale yellow and red with an altered gem, and a string connecting to the small purse on her hip.
As Rainbow Cure Rouge, her hair is brighter in color and she gains an outfit resembling Shining Dream's. She has a pale pink rose on her chest and small golden wings.
Rin is both tomboyish and feminine. Throughout both of the seasons, Rin shows a passion for accessory design and is usually the one in charge for designing what Natts House is selling. She also has a straightforward and down-to-earth personality that contrasts with the cheery Yumehara Nozomi. She takes on a big-sister nurturing side towards her best friend and siblings.
She is usually calm-tempered, but she can also be hot-blooded, impatient, and passionate, so she tends to clash with girls who are more reserved and show a stubborn side. Deep down, Rin fears the loss of a loved one, most noticeable Nozomi. Beside of that, she also has a fear for unnatural thingsYPC502, and when she was a child it could take a long time for her to recover after being startled by things.
Yumehara Nozomi - Nozomi and Rin have been close friends since childhood and thus care about each other more than the others of Pretty Cure. Though Rin refuses to be a part of it in the beginning, she eventually receives the Cure of Passion's power because she wanted to protect Nozomi. Their relationship is similar to Akane and Miyuki from Smile Pretty Cure!.
Minazuki Karen - Rin and Karen did not get along at first, but learned to sort most of their differences out as they worked together. However, as Cure Rouge and Cure Aqua, they do not let their normal selves' feelings toward each other get in the way, and they usually make up fairly quick after acknowledging each others opinions.
Mucardia - Rin had a secret crush on Momoi Kyosuke, the human alias for Mucardia after they met and he gave her a red flower after playing tennis. She was initially nervous around him and unsure of herself until finding out that he only used her to get close to Pretty Cure. She was devastated until Nozomi could cheer her up.
Rin (りん?): A name with many possible meanings, as both a name and a word used in everyday language, depending on how it is written in kanji. Rin's name is written in hiragana instead, so it is not possible to find an exact meaning for her name, particularly since none of the potential meanings relate to her powers or her personality. It is possible that her name was simply an arbitrary choice. Although Rin's name is written in hiragana, if it was written in kanji like this: rin (凜?), it would mean dignified.
Her name means "summer tree dignified."
Cure Rouge: "Rouge" is the French word for "red", her signature color. French is also a language often used in the Yes! Pretty Cure 5 universe.
Yes! Pretty Cure 5
Rin, the childhood friend of Nozomi often kept watch over her and attempted to help her settle on one club to join. After being told by Nozomi she transformed, Rin initially didn't believe her and continuously brushed her off throughout their day. Eventually she did believe her after witnessing a few chats between Nozomi and Coco - but rejected the offer to become a Pretty Cure due to how busy she normally is.
While Rin reflects on what becoming a Pretty Cure could mean, along with her friendship with Nozomi, she is confronted by Girinma and attempted to get Nozomi to stop being a Pretty Cure out of concern for her safety. When Nozomi refused and transformed into Cure Dream, she witnessed her get hurt. Realizing how much Nozomi means to her, the red butterfly accepts Rin and she transforms into Cure Rouge. Afterwards she agrees to join Pretty Cure.
Yes! Pretty Cure 5 GoGo!
Jōnetsu no akai honō, Kyua Rūju!
Cure Rouge (キュアルージュ?), also known as the Cure of Passion, wears red and orange clothing, and her counterpart is Cure Dream. Her strength erupts fire within her. She transforms saying "Pretty Cure Metamorphose!".
In the sequel,
Super Cure Rouge
In Yes! Pretty Cure 5: Kagami no Kuni no Miracle Daibouken!, Pretty Cure are nearly defeated by Shadow, but thanks to Migirin and Hidarin, as well as the Miracle Lights, a special power is brought upon Pretty Cure, giving them slightly advanced outfits as well as butterfly wings, colored in their theme colors. Thanks to this, they are able to use a powerful version of Five Explosion to defeat Shadow and free the Pinkies she took. Milk claims they are Super Pretty Cure, though it is unknown if this is just something she calls them, or if it is a name mentioned in the legends.
Cure Rainbow Rouge
Cure Rainbow Rouge (キュアレインボールージュ?) is
an upgrade Cure Rouge gains in Pretty Cure All Stars DX 2: Kibou no Hikari - Rainbow Jewel o Mamore!. Together with the others' upgrades, the group of seventeen girls form the group Cure Rainbow. This upgraded outfit resembles that of Shining Dream from Yes! Pretty Cure 5 GoGo!: Okashi no Kuni no Happy Birthday!, except with the color red instead of pink and a pair of small golden wings instead of grand white ones.
Pretty Cure Metamorphose! - "Pretty Cure metamorphose!" is the official transformation phrase used by Rin to transform into Cure Rouge in Yes! Pretty Cure 5 and Yes! Pretty Cure 5 GoGo!
In Yes! Pretty Cure 5, Rin's Pinky Catch opens and she shouts, "Pretty Cure...". She makes a circular motion with her arm and shouts, "...metamorphose!" Her body then becomes covered in a red glow. Her top and brooch appear first, followed by her arm warmers, skirt and boots. Her hair turns red, her Pinky Catch closes and Cure Rouge recites her introductory speech.
In Yes! Pretty Cure 5 GoGo!, Rin's CureMo opens and she presses the buttons while saying, "Pretty Cure metamorphose!" Then her CureMo's screen glows and red light surrounds her body. Next a red tunnel appears with light showing at the end. Rin appears with her body covered in flames. Her arm warmers appear and in a burst of fire, her entire outfit appears. Cure Rouge flies down, she opens her eyes and recites her introductory speech.
- Rouge Fire (ルージュファイアー?): The red butterfly mark on her arm ignites on fire and produces a mass of fire. She then thrusts her hand at the mass, sending it to the enemy and defeating it.
- Rouge Burning (ルージュバーニング?): This is the upgraded version of Rouge Fire. Red light from Cure Rouge's butterfly bow shines, whereas the light follows her right arm. When it has reached her fingertips, the Rouge Tact appears. Using this, she holds up the tact, then pulls it back. The rod portion of the item ignites on fire, and like her first attack, produces a mass of fire. She then thrusts the tact at the mass, sending it to the enemy and destroying it.
- Fire Strike (ファイヤーストライク?): Cure Rouge makes fists with both hands and crosses them in front of her chest, causing the butterfly-shaped emblem to glow with her signature color. A ball of fire appears in front of Cure Rouge, and she kicks the ball at high speed at the enemy. The enemy gets surrounded by a red butterfly upon impact and is usually defeated.
- Five Explosion (ファイブエクスプロージョン?): This is a group attack she performs with the other Cures during Yes! Pretty Cure 5. To perform it, they need the Symphony Set and for Milk's willpower to be at its peak. For this attack, they ram the enlarged set into the enemy to purify it.
- Rainbow Rose Explosion (レインボーローズエクスプロージョン?): This is a group attack she performs with the other Cures during Yes! Pretty Cure 5 GoGo! For it, they need the Cure Fleurets. The attack itself has them summoning roses in their respective theme colors that combine to purify the enemy.
Rin's voice actress Takeuchi Junko, has participated in several image songs for the character she voices. Many of them include duets with Sanpei Yuko, who voices Yumehara Nozomi, Ise Mariya, who voices Kasugano Urara, Nagano Ai, who voices Akimoto Komachi, Maeda Ai, who voices Minazuki Karen, and later, Sendai Eri, who voices Milk/Mimino Kurumi.
- Ring・Rin・Link (Along with Sanpei Yuko)
- Welcome Home (Along with Sanpei Yuko)
- Pretty Cure 5, Smile go go! (Pretty Cure 5 version) (Along with Sanpei Yuko, Ise Mariya, Nagano Ai, and Maeda Ai)
- Metamorphose ~Young Girls LOVE&DREAM~ (Along with Sanpei Yuko, Ise Mariya, Nagano Ai, and Maeda Ai)
- 1.2. Shoot! ~Five Explosion~ (Along with Sanpei Yuko, Ise Mariya, Nagano Ai, and Maeda Ai)
- Shine 5 Hearts (Along with Sanpei Yuko, Ise Mariya, Nagano Ai, and Maeda Ai)
- Tomorrow, A Flower Blooms. Smiles, Bloom. (Along with Sanpei Yuko, Ise Mariya, Nagano Ai, Maeda Ai, and Sendai Eri)
- In the Pretty Cure All Stars Suite Flower Card Collection, Rin is represented by the hibiscus, which symbolizes style and strength in the Language of Flowers.
- Rin is afraid of ghosts.
- Rin shares her voice actress with Hoshino Kenta from Futari wa Pretty Cure Splash Star.
- Rin appeared as Cure Rouge to give the 10th Anniversary Congratulatory Message at the beginning of episode 17 of Happiness Charge Pretty Cure!.
- In episode 3, she is good at playing game of charades. She is able to act out without saying a word and Coco can understand her without any problem.
- Main Page: Natsuki Rin/Image Gallery
|V • EYes! Pretty Cure 5 characters|
|Cures||Yumehara Nozomi/Cure Dream • Natsuki Rin/Cure Rouge • Kasugano Urara/Cure Lemonade • Akimoto Komachi/Cure Mint • Minazuki Karen/Cure Aqua • (Mimino Kurumi/Milky Rose)|
|Mascots||Coco • Nuts • Milk • (Syrup) • Pinkies • (Mailpo) • (Four Rulers) • (Palmins)|
|Nightmare||Kowaina • Girinma • Gamao • Arachnea • Bunbee • Bloody • Hadenya • Kawarino • Desperaia|
|Eternal||Hoshina • Scorp • Bunbee • Nebatakos • Isohgin • Yadokhan • Shibiretta • Mucardia • Anacondy • Boss|
|Others||Yumehara Tsutomu • Yumehara Megumi • Natsuki Kazuyo • Natsuki Yu • Natsuki Ai • Kasugano Michel • Kasugano Heizou • Kasugano Maria • Washio Kouta • Akimoto Madoka • Minazuki Taro • Minazuki Minako • Jii-ya/Sakamoto • Masuko Mika • Otaka-san • The Headmaster • Kudou Mayu • Miyamoto Kanako • (Four Rulers) • (Flora)|
|Movie only||Dark Pretty Cure 5 • Shadow • Migirin • Hidarin • (Chocola) • (Mushiban) • (Dry) • (Bitter) • (Queen Dessert)|