Nono Hana (野乃はな Nono Hana?) is one of the five main Cures in HUGtto! Pretty Cure and also the group leader. She is a second-year student at L'Avenir Academy and is in the same class as Saaya, Homare, and Ruru.
Hana's alter ego is Cure Yell (キュアエール Kyua Ēru?) and she is known as the Pretty Cure of High Spirits. Her catchphrases are "Hooray hooray, ○○!" (「フレフレ○○！」 "Furefure ○○"?) and "Mega shock!" (「めちょっく！」 "Mechokku!"?)
- 1 Bio
- 2 History
- 3 Cure Yell
- 4 Songs
- 5 Trivia
- 6 Gallery
- 7 References
Hana has magenta eyes and slightly wavy hair worn down with a few green hair clips on each side. She cut her hair at the start of the series, resulting in short and uneven bangs due to a mishap. She is shorter than most people her age. She wears a light pink collared blouse with a shorter pink crop top worn over it, a light blue skirt with ruffled pale blue layers, light green socks, and pink high top sneakers. In the movie, she wears a dress with a cream-colored bodice and a cobalt blue skirt with dark yellow and light blue layers along with a dark magenta coat with matching boots and off-white socks.
As a child, her hair is tied up in twin tails with pink flower hair bands. She wore a white blouse and pink dress, along with white socks and red shoes.
As an adult, her hair is longer but she still wears her green hair clips. She also wears a pair of green flower shaped earrings.
As Cure Yell, her hair turns light pink and grows longer and wavier with a pair of buns on top held by red ribbons and daisies. Her eyes are lighter and slightly change shape, with her eyelashes thickening, and she now wears lipstick. She wears a pink and white midriff top with three white and gold button straps in the middle. Her transculent sleeves are puffy and off-the-shoulder. She also wears light yellow wristbands that resemble pom-poms with light pink ribbons. Her skirt matches her top and is pleated with a translucent layer and mint green ruffle on top of it. Her PreHeart hangs on her left hip over a pink pompom bow with a white ribbon. She wears short light pink and magenta boots with red bows and yellow pom-pom trim with white thigh high socks. Her accessories include a pearl headpiece with a pink heart on it and green clover earrings.
In her Cheerful Style, her hair becomes even longer and thickens, with her buns decorated with light pink pom-poms and red ribbons. Her outfit is now one piece with a hot pink and white bodice and red ribbons on it. The top of it is light pink and translucent with a small white collar, and her sleeves are now attached to the outfit. The skirt now has a light pink layer and is longer in the back with a pale pink split layer over it accented with a mint green ruffle and a shorter translucent layer. Her PreHeart is now placed over a yellow pom-pom accented by a thin dark red ribbon and white ruffles. Her socks become longer with pale yellow lining along the top, and her shoes resemble the bodice and have the same pastel yellow cuff and pink ribbons. Her bracelets now have white ruffles at the end., On her head is a layered translucent veil connected to a colorful gradient ribbon adorned by a heart and jewels hanging from it. Her earrings remain the same.
In her Mother Heart Style, the pom-poms on her wrists and shoes grow thicker and she also gains a pair of large translucent butterfly-like wings.
Hana is an energetic optimist who aims to become someone who is like a big sister or an adult, but often fails at most things she wants to do mostly because of her childishness. However, she does have moments where she becomes disheartened because of her failures and would conceal her sadness by trying to be happy, mainly because of her being bullied in the past. She also tends to act before she thinks. Flaws aside, she is brave, caring, supportive, and forgiving towards others.
- Nono Shintarou - Her father. He works as the manager of the department store Hugman and is very helpful.
- Nono Sumire - Her mother. She is extremely supportive of Hana and would always help and encourage her whenever she felt down.
- Nono Kotori - Her little sister. Despite being teased by her at times, Hana genuinely love and cares for Kotori.
- Anno Tanpopo - Her maternal grandmother who owns a sweets shop. When Tanpopo strains her back while making some, Hana steps in to make hope manjuu in hopes of making her feel better.
- Yakushiji Saaya, Kagayaki Homare - Her friends. Like her other fellow members of the Pretty Cure, the three have been shown to be great friends. Ready to cheer on each other at any given time, they rely on each other for emotional support during times of hardship.
- Aisaki Emiru - Although their friendship has a rocky start HuPC09, the two have become good friends, and she even gets referred to as "senpai" by Emiru.
- Usami Ichika - Despite only having brief interactions KKPCALM49, she is able to remember Ichika Pretty Cure Super Stars! and they are glad to encounter each other again after Ichika and the rest of Kirakira Cures get summoned by Hugtan.HuPC36
- Hugtan - Hana first met Hugtan as she was flying in the night and she even gave her the name. Throughout the season, Hugtan has been referring to Hana as "mama'. As of episode 49, it turns out that Hugtan is Hana's daughter in the future.
- George Kurai - These two had a few encounters before the events of episode 23, where Hana finds out that George was the enemy. Episode 46 reveals that he is Hana's husband from the original timeline.
- Ruru Amour - An android who initially infiltrated Hana's home to observe the Pretty Cure, who later becomes a friend and ally as Cure Amour.
- Eri - Hana used to be friends with Eri who is from her previous school, but they grew distant after Hana started being bullied. After Hana decides to face her past upon being encouraged by the rest of her friends, she forgives Eri, and they appear to have made up with each other.
Nono (野乃?) - No (野?) means "field" and "wild"  while No (乃?) has no particular meaning and can be seen as a syllabus, in which it could be indicated as a possessive word , making "Nono" means "of fields" or just "wild".
When the kanji of "Nono" and "Hana" are put together, her name can be translated to "wildflower".
Yell is a verb that can mean to "cry or speak out with a strong, loud, clear sounding voice" 
Hana and Hugtan are seen wandering Ichigozaka, lost and looking for the KIRAKIRA Patisserie. Just then, Yukari, having returned from overseas for the patisserie's last day, approaches her and leads her to it. When Hana arrives, she purchases an unknown sweet when Hugtan notices the floating sweets in the display and becomes hungry. Since Hugtan is a baby, the girls prepare a baby bird-themed fruit and veggie purée for Hugtan and she enjoys it. The two of them then leave the patisserie, but the kirakiraru streaming from Hana's sweet gets noticed by the discarded body of Chourou. He then sucks the rest of it from the box, freaking Hana and Hugtan out. The body then starts to attack the town and the Cures spring into action, but are beaten easily. Then Cure Pekorin and the other fairies attack him, but he traps them all inside the umbrella. Just then, Hana, now Cure Yell, rushes in and kicks him over before freeing the fairies. She then introduces herself to the Cures before cheering them on as they, with the help of Pekorin's donut ring, successfully purify Chourou's body. She then leaves the scene not long after that, leaving Whip to wonder where she is. KKPCALM49
Life in the previous school
Before transferring to L'Avenir Academy, Hana used to be friends with another girl named Eri from her former secondary school, whom she stood up against a group of bullies. Unfortunately, she fell victim to the bullies and later got isolated as a result, and with nobody accepting her, she was forced to get transferred to her current school.HuPC31
The first day of her new school and becoming Cure Yell
On the morning of the first day of her new school, Hana decides to trim her own bangs to look more like a mature lady but ends up cutting them too short. Then she ends up running late after protecting someone from a flying baseball that was coming toward them. As she stands in the way of it, she hears a baby's cry along with a flash of pink light and time stands still for a brief moment. Later on that day, she hears the mysterious baby's cry again and she rushes to the rooftop of the school, meeting up with two other intriguing students she encountered earlier, class representative Yakushiji Saaya and seemingly social misfit Kagayaki Homare. That night, while looking out over her balcony, Hana notices the same flash of pink light in the sky flying toward her and hitting her. After she recovers, Hana gets back up but is shocked to see she is now holding a baby named Hugtan, along with her caretaker, a hamster named Hariham Harry. However, they end up leaving as strangely as they came. The next day, Charaleet, who works for the Criasu Corporation, extracts a group of frustrated students' Prickly Power to create a monster called an Oshimaida. Hana tries to help when she sees Hugtan and Hariham Harry in danger. After a brief scuffle, Hana promises to protect Hugtan from the Oshimaida. Her determination causes her chest to glow and a mysterious heart-shaped crystal, her Mirai Crystal, to appear. Using the PreHeart, Hana then transforms into Cure Yell and is able to stop the Oshimaida using her newfound strength. She purifies it using Heart For You! before Charaleet leaves. After the battle, she feeds Hugtan the Tomorrow Powerer from her Mirai Crystal as Harry notices the immense amount of it Yell possessed. HuPC01
Losing, and then regaining, the ability to transform
The girls learn about a food festival happening in their town and go there to get some work experience as waitresses. However, when they change outfits with the Mirai Pad, Hana is given an older-looking festival outfit while Saaya and Homare were given the waitress outfits. Hana is left working in the struggling takoyaki booth with its strict chef. Meanwhile, Saaya and Homare excel in doing their jobs, which disheartens Hana. She tries again to attract customers by eating some hot takoyaki, but the burning causes her to do a goofy dance that gets them laughing at her, making her feel worse. As the day ends, she becomes really depressed, thinking she does not have any good qualities like Saaya and Homare do and thinks all she's good for is cheering people and making silly faces. Just then, Papple appears and summons an Oshimaida. Hana tries to transform, but cannot. After several attempts, she tearfully gives up, leaving Saaya and Homare with no choice but to fight it without her. As the battle goes on, they tell Hana to cheer up and think about what she can do, so she cheers them on. Just as the Oshimaida is about to deal with the finishing blow, Hugtan uses up all her Tomorrow Powerer to purify it, putting her in a deep sleep, and Hana starts to believe it is her fault for it happening. HuPC10
Hana feels deep regret for not being able to protect Hugtan and feels it is all her fault because she lost the ability to turn into a Pretty Cure. She starts to think she is unworthy of being one because of her lack of talents, thinking she's just good for cheering. Despite her friends' objections, she leaves, but not before Harry reminding her of the Hana that they know. That night, Sumire notices something is wrong with Hana and goes to talk to her, and she tells her mother about how she feels inadequate compared to Saaya and Homare and that she doesn't like herself at all. Sumire assures Hana that she has grown a little and that there was a bright future ahead of her. The next morning, Saaya and Homare arrive at her door and also remind her of what makes her unique, which cheers her up even more. After Hugtan recovers after visiting Nobinobi Tower, the Cures notice Charaleet, who forcefully became an Oshimaida attacking the city. The Cures transform, with Hana successfully becoming Cure Yell again. When a chunk of a falling building endangers Hana's sister Kotori and her classmate Emiru during the ensuing battle, Yell protects them from it, and her newfound determination causes her new Rose Mirai Crystal to appear, along with a mysterious sword she could use to finish Charaleet off. Just as she is about to, however, she sees a frightened human Charaleet, which makes her hesitate. As he shrinks back to his normal size, Charaleet cries out about how useless and untalented he feels. Yell immediately sympathizes with him and hugs him in hopes that he finds the good in him as well. The sword then turns into a wand called a Melody Sword, which all three Cures receive. They then use Trinity Concert to purify Charaleet. After the battle, Hana holds Hugtan again and tells her how much she loves her and Hugtan and she then calls Hana "mamma", much to everyone's amazement. HuPC11
Various Encounters with Ruru
Sometime later, Hana meets Ruru Amour who is an undercover spy from Criasu disguised as a civilian to gain information about Hana, Saaya and Homare by altering Hana's mother's memories. Hana is oblivious to such, but quickly considers Ruru as a friend.HuPC12 She is also impressed by Ruru talent in both sports and studies, but is confused by Ruru's detachment to the welcome party she and her family held. When an Oshimaida is summoned by Ruru attacks, she never suspected Ruru being the one behind it and still believes in Ruru.HuPC13 She even brings Ruru along to visit a daycare and babysit the babies.HuPC14 Nevertheless, after Ruru is shut down by Papple and gets taken back to Criasu, she is extremely shocked to find out Ruru had been a spy all along.HuPC16
Despite Ruru betraying them, Hana still believes in Ruru. Ruru attacks her with a prototype armor, prompting her along with Saaya and Homare to transform. During the process, Yell realizes that Ruru is in pain and through a one-on-one combat with her, knows that Ruru is forming a heart. She forgives and confesses to Ruru about how much she loves her, and after the battle ends, she gives Ruru a hug to welcome the android back. HuPC17
Facing her Past and Making Up with Eri
One day, Hana and her friends are discussing about being scouted or not when she meets her old friend Eri. They have an awkward silence, and then Eri runs off in shame. Hana pretends that she is okay, but her friends can tell that something is wrong as she keeps getting distracted. When Harry tells her that time cannot be turned back and can only make the best out of it, she gets upset.
Later, Saaya and Homare tell Hana that Eri wants to sincerely apologize and how she did the right thing to protect Eri. Hana finally admits that she can't look Eri in the eye since she is too afraid of how Eri will regard her after the incident at her old school, and is moved by how her friends' encouragement, and has now learned to move on.
Encounters with George
Throughout the season, Hana has several encounters with George, but they don't have any confrontations. In episode 8, George indirectly tells her his wish of stopping time as a way to create a happier world, but Hana remains oblivious to his true motives.
It isn't until episode 23 when George tries to steal all of the Mirai Crystals, stop time and kidnap Hugtan that Hana realizes his true motives. Hana is almost affected by the time stopping, but she hears Hugtan's cries which allows her to break free from George's control. George leaves after she manages to retrieve the Mirai Crystals and Hugtan.
In episode 46, Hana comes across George who is in the same elevator with her. George wants to give her a bouquet of Craspedia to ensure that they will have eternal bliss together, but Hana rejects him since she disagrees with his ideology. Her actions provokes George who proceeds to stop time as a result, and she is horrified as George kidnaps Hugtan again.
In episode 47 and episode 48, Hana finally confronts George. Although her friends have been knocked out at that time, Hana still tries to rescue Hugtan, and manages to instantly transform. With her friends recovered and everyone in the world temporarily becoming Cures to help her, she finally defeats the rampaging George. After the battle, Yell rushes into the collapsing Criasu building to try and persuade George to come with her, but George rejects her plea. However, her speech still moves him, and he walks away from her after leaving a Craspedia behind.
In 2030, Hana has become the president of a boutique corporation called Bright Tomorrow, and seems to have gotten married. She has also hired Fumito, Hinase, Junna, and Aki to work for her company.
At first, Hana is joking around with her colleagues who are concerned about her physical condition, until she suddenly realizes she is going into labor and is quickly sent to the hospital. Saaya and Daigan help her with her delivery, while Homare stays by her side to encourage her.
In the end, Hana finally delivers her daughter and names her Hagumi.
"Cheering on everyone! The Pretty Cure of High Spirits! Cure Yell!"
Min'na wo Ōen! Genki no Purikyua! Kyua Ēru!
Cure Yell (キュアエール Kyua Ēru?) is the Pretty Cure alter ego of Hana. In order to transform, she needs the PreHeart and her Mirai Crystal. In combat, Yell has the ability to turn her wristbands into pompoms, which she can hit foes and block attacks with. She can also make the pompoms larger. With the assistance of the PreHeart and the Melody Sword, Yell can freely manipulate her magic in the form of pink energy blasts for quick offensive power.
Heart Kiratto! (ハートキラっと! Hāto Kiratto!?)
Hana holds her PreHeart in its phone mode and inserts her Mirai Crystal onto the device while saying "Mirai Crystal!". She then flips the device into its heart mode as the screen flashes on with a white heart that emits white light as she says "Heart Kiratto!". Covered in a pink glow, she presses the red heart on the PreHeart while saying "Hagyuu~" until pink hearts fly out and create her dress, her pompoms, socks, and shoes. She presses the red heart again while saying "Gyuu~" to change her hair length and as well as adding her hair accessories. She presses the red heart for the final time to allow her earrings and tiara to appear. She places her PreHeart in its carry bag on her waist and says her introduction phrase while jumping high into the sky before landing on the ground to say her name as she poses.
- Heart For You! (ハート・フォー・ユー！?) is Cure Yell's main attack that she mainly performed to purify the enemy. She had first performed it in episode 1.
- Trinity Concert (トリニティ・コンサート?) is an attack Cure Yell performs alongside Cures Ange and Étoile to purify the enemy. She first performed it with her teammates in episode 11.
- Flower Shoot (フラワー・シュート?) is Cure Yell's secondary attack that she performs to deflect any attack that comes her or her teammates' way. She first performed it in episode 12.
- Cheerful Attack (チアフル・アタック?) is the upgraded group attack which she, Ange, Étoile, Macherie, Amour, and Hugtan can perform together. The attack transforms them into their Cheerful Styles and requires the Memorial Cure Clock and Mirai Crystal Cheerful. It was first performed in episode 31.
- All・For・You! (オールフォーユー！?) is the second group attack that she performs with Étoile, Ange, Macherie, and Amour. It requires the Mirai Braces, as well as the powers of all the Pretty Cures in the franchise. It was performed for the first and only time in episode 37.
- Tomorrow With Everyone (みんなでトゥモロー!?) is the third group attack which she, Ange, Étoile, Macherie, and Amour can perform by summoning Mother Heart. The attack transforms them into their Mother Heart Styles and requires the Memorial Cure Clock, Mirai Crystal Mother Heart, and Mirai Braces. It was first performed in episode 39.
Hana's voice actor, Hikisaka Rie has participated in several image songs for the character she voices. Many of them include duets with Hon'izumi Rina, who voices Yakushiji Saaya, Ogura Yui, who voices Kagayaki Homare, Tamura Nao, who voices Aisaki Emiru, Tamura Yukari, who voices Ruru Amour, and Tada Konomi who voices Hugtan.
- HUGtto! Future✩Dreamer (Along with Hon'izumi Rina and Ogura Yui)
- The Magic Of Holding One Tight (Along with Tada Konomi)
- It'll Always Be Here (Along with Hon'izumi Rina and Ogura Yui)
- HUGtto! Future✩Dreamer (5 PRECURE Ver.) (Along with Hon'izumi Rina, Ogura Yui, Tamura Nao and Tamura Yukari)
- HUGtto! YELL FOR YOU (Along with Hon'izumi Rina, Ogura Yui, Tamura Nao and Tamura Yukari)
- Friends With You (One For All, All For One Ver.) (Along with Hon'izumi Rina, Ogura Yui, Tamura Nao and Tamura Yukari)
- Hana's birthday is on January 20th, making her star sign Aquarius.
- Her favorite food is egg dishes.
- She's the only Cure in her team whose name is in English rather than French. However, as said by Henri in episode 42, "Yell" is pronounced the same way as "Aile", which means "Wing" in French. This is meant to be a Japanese pun.
- She is, however, not the only Cure in the season to have an English name since she was succeeded by Cure Tomorrow.
- Though it was never mentioned, it was heavily hinted that Hana from the original timeline was involved in a tragedy, resulting in George's motivation to freeze time. The events were eventually averted by Hugtan's arrival to the present Hana.
- According to an interview with Kawamura, the character designer, in the January 2019 issue of the Japanese magazine Animage, the tragedy version of Hana from the future where George and Hugtan came from had never transferred schools. Because she never met Saaya or Homare and was stuck in such a hostile environment, Hana saw no reason to better herself at all.
- Alongside the Star☆Twinkle Pretty Cure team and Hanadera Nodoka, Hana is one of the Pretty Cures guest starring in the double feature movie event, Super Sentai Movie Party in the dance ending sequence. This marks the first live action appearance of the Pretty Cures in a Super Sentai series.
- Main Page: Nono Hana/Image Gallery
|V • T • E HUGtto! Pretty Cure characters|
|Cures||Nono Hana/Cure Yell • Yakushiji Saaya/Cure Ange • Kagayaki Homare/Cure Étoile • Aisaki Emiru/Cure Macherie • Ruru Amour/Cure Amour|
|Mascots||Hugtan • Hariham Harry|
|Villains||Criasu Corporation • George Kurai • Doctor Traum • Listol • Gelos • JinJin & Takumi • Bicine • Daigan • Papple • Charaleet • Ruru • Oshimaida/Fierce Oshimaida|
|Others||Nono Shintarou • Nono Sumire • Nono Kotori • Anno Tanpopo • Anno Sousuke • Yakushiji Shuji • Yakushiji Reira • Kagayaki Chitose • Kagayaki Chiyo • Mogumogu • Aisaki Haidon • Aisaki Miyako • Aisaki Masato • Tokura Junna • Momoi Aki • Amano Hinase • Chise Fumito • Uchifuji-sensei • Umehashi-sensei • Ichijou Ranze • Wakamiya Henri • Yoshimi Rita • Uchifuji Yuka • Dr. Maki • Eri (HuPC) • Kawakami Aya • Mother Heart|
|Movie only||Miden • Usobakka • Dark Onibi|