Pretty Cure (プリキュア Purikyua?) is the main term used in the series to describe a group of girls who can transform into legendary warriors. The term was initially used as the main title for the first season, but is also included in the title of every subsequent season, each with its own theme variation. In each season, there is a legend of warriors who will come to aid the world when it is in need, and stop an invasion of darkness. Thus, small mascot creatures from alternate worlds in need are often given the task of searching out chosen girls to take up the role of Pretty Cure. Although the original concept of Pretty Cure was of two girls who could not transform or use any attacks without being together, this concept has faded and recent seasons are now more diverse in ways of plot, transformations and attacks.
The term "Pretty Cure" can refer to either one girl or the entire group, and this wiki has decided to use the shortened term "Cure" and "Cures", with an attached title for specific reference (ie "Fresh! Cures" for the Pretty Cure of the season Fresh Pretty Cure!).
With the exception of the two sequels and the All Stars movies, every season's story occurs in their own separate settings.
- 1 Futari wa Pretty Cure
- 2 Futari wa Pretty Cure Max Heart
- 3 Futari wa Pretty Cure Splash Star
- 4 Yes! Pretty Cure 5
- 5 Yes! Pretty Cure 5 Go Go!
- 6 Fresh Pretty Cure!
- 7 Heartcatch Pretty Cure!
- 8 Suite Pretty Cure♪
- 9 Smile Pretty Cure!
- 10 Doki Doki! Pretty Cure
- 11 Happiness Charge Pretty Cure!
- 12 Go! Princess Pretty Cure
- 13 Mahou Tsukai Pretty Cure!
- 14 KiraKira☆Pretty Cure A La Mode
- 15 HUGtto! Pretty Cure
- 16 Star☆Twinkle Pretty Cure
- 17 Healin' Good♥Pretty Cure
- 18 Pretty Cure All Stars
- 19 Trivia
Futari wa Pretty Cure
Futari wa Pretty Cure (ふたりはプリキュア Futari wa Purikyua?) is the very first season of the series, and thus holds the original idea of Pretty Cure. The two main characters need to be together, holding hands, and having an understanding for each other, in order to transform or attack. When their relationship is unbalanced, their fighting power slips, and they are unable to perform their attacks. Although this gives them a weakness, whenever their minds are in harmony and their friendship is strong, their power gets greater in turn. To transform, the girls require their Card Communes and Queen Cards.
The main characters of the season are:
- Misumi Nagisa (美墨 なぎさ Misumi Nagisa?) / Cure Black (キュアブラック Kyua Burakku?)
- The leader of the duo, and the stronger one. She fights mainly using punches and physical strength.
- Yukishiro Honoka (雪城 ほのか Yukishiro Honoka?) / Cure White (キュアホワイト Kyua Howaito?)
- Though not as strong as Black, she is faster and more agile. She fights mainly using kicks and employs strategy to win.
Nagisa & Honoka: デュアル・オーロラ・ウェイヴ！
Cure Black: 光の使者、キュアブラック！
Cure White: 光の使者、キュアホワイト！
Cure White: 闇の力のしもべ達よ！
Cure Black: とっととお家に帰りなさい！
Nagisa & Honoka: Duaru Ōrora Ueibu!
Cure Black: Hikari no shisha, Kyua Burakku!
Cure White: Hikari no shisha, Kyua Howaito!
Both: Futari wa Purikyua!
Cure White: Yami no chikara no shimobetachi yo!
Cure Black: Tottoto ouchi ni kaerinasai!
Nagisa & Honoka: Dual Aurora Wave!
Cure Black: Emissary of Light, Cure Black!
Cure White: Emissary of Light, Cure White!
Both: We are Pretty Cure!
Cure White: Servants of the Dark Powers!
Cure Black: Return to the darkness from which you came!
Natalie & Hannah: Dual Aurora Wave!
Cure Black: Emissary of Light, I am Cure Black!
Cure White: Emissary of Light, I am Cure White!
Both: Together we are Pretty Cure!
Cure White: Evil Spirits of Darkness...
Cure Black: ... Return to the abyss where you belong!
Futari wa Pretty Cure Max Heart
Futari wa Pretty Cure Max Heart (ふたりはプリキュア Futari wa Purikyua Makkusu Hāto?) is the sequel to the first season. A new member is added to the team, although Black and White still transform and fight as a duo most of the time. To transform, Nagisa and Honoka require their Heartful Communes and Queen Cards. Hikari requires her Touch Commune.
This sequel introduces the concept of non-Cure characters who are able to gain Cure-like transformation and attack powers as well. This concept is later adopted by a subsequent season, Yes! Pretty Cure 5 GoGo! (Milk).
The new character of the sequel is:
- Kujou Hikari (九条 ひかり Kujō Hikari?) / Shiny Luminous (シャイニールミナス Shainī Ruminasu?)
- The "life" of the Queen. Luminous is very strong in battle and offers back-up support to the two main Cures. However, she is often protected by the other two due to her younger age, passive nature, and "new girl" status.
Shiny Luminous: 輝く命、シャイニールミナス！
Shiny Luminous: 光の心と光の意志、総てをひとつにするために！
Hikari: Ruminasu! Shainingu Sutorīmu!
Shiny Luminous: Kagayaku inochi, Shainī Ruminasu!
Shiny Luminous: Hikari no kokoro to hikari no ishi, subete wo hitotsu ni suru tame ni!
Hikari: Luminous, Shining Stream!
Shiny Luminous: Shining life, Shiny Luminous!
Shiny Luminous: Hearts of light and wills of light for them all to become one!
Futari wa Pretty Cure Splash Star
Futari wa Pretty Cure Splash Star (ふたりはプリキュアスプラッシュスター Futari wa Purikyua Supurasshu Sutā?) is the first spin-off from the original season. While it still retains the main concept of Futari wa Pretty Cure, their are some notable changes. In this season, the creatures from the alternate world are called spirits, and the Cures get their powers from spiritual powers collected from the human world by these spirits. The concept of the season is based on the Japanese idiom "flower, bird, wind, moon" (花鳥風月 Kachōfūgetsu?), which symbolizes the beauties of Nature, or the traditional themes of natural beauty in Japanese aesthetics.
Like the previous season, the girls have to be together in order to transform and perform their attacks. However, the Cures use the power of the spirits to fight, thus they are able to create shields and fly in the air, and their attacks are more of a purifying nature than just defeating the enemies. This trend of purifying enemies is to continue through all the subsequent seasons.
A new plot concept is that of a villain who has a change of heart mid-season and gains Cure-like powers. Later seasons such as Fresh Pretty Cure! (Eas) and Suite Pretty Cure♪ (Siren) have adopted and expanded on this plot direction.
This season is unique in the sense that the girls acquire a second Cure identity later on in the story, while still retaining their first identity. Thus, they can freely transform between two different Cure forms. To transform, the girls need their Mix Communes and later Crystal Communes.
The main characters of the season are:
- Hyuuga Saki (日向 咲 Hyuuga Saki?) / Cure Bloom (キュアブルーム Kyua Burūmu?) / Cure Bright (キュアブライト Kyua Buraito?)
- She resembles Nagisa in personality, and is the leader of the duo. She is blessed with both the Earth's power of flowers and the Moon's power of light.
- Mishou Mai (美翔 舞 Mishō Mai?) / Cure Egret (キュアイーグレット Kyua Īguretto?) / Cure Windy (キュアウィンディ Kyua Uindi?)
- She is the more graceful and elegant of the duo, and balances out Saki's forward personality. She is blessed with both the Sky's power of birds and the Wind's power of wings.
- Kiryuu Michiru (霧生 満 Kiryuu Michiru?)
- Originally a villain, she later joins forces with the Cures, and at the end receives a portion of Moop's moon power to gain Cure-like powers.
- Kiryuu Kaoru (霧生 薫 Kiryuu Kaoru?)
- Originally a villain, she later joins forces with the Cures, and at the end receives a portion of Foop's wind power to gain Cure-like powers.
Saki & Mai: デュアル・スピリチュアル・パワー！
Cure Bloom: 輝く金の花、キュアブルーム！
Cure Egret: 煌めく銀の翼、キュアイーグレット！
Cure Egret: 聖なる泉を汚す者よ！
Cure Bloom: アコギな真似はお止めなさい！
Saki & Mai: デュアル・スピリチュアル・パワー！
Cure Bright: 天空に満ちる月、キュアブライト！
Cure Windy: 大地に薫る風、キュアウィンディ！
Cure Bright: アコギな真似はお止めなさい！
Saki & Mai: Duaru Supirichuaru Pawā!
Saki: Hana hirake daichi ni!
Mai: Habatake sora ni!
Cure Bloom: Kagayaku kin no hana, Kyua Burūmu!
Cure Egret: Kirameku gin no tsubasa, Kyua Īguretto!
Both: Futari wa Purikyua!
Cure Egret: Seinaru izumi wo kegasu mono yo!
Cure Bloom: Akogi na mane wa oyamenasai!
Saki & Mai: Duaru Supirichuaru Pawā!
Saki: Mirai wo terashi!
Mai: Yuuki wo hakobe!
Cure Bright: Tenkuu ni michiru tsuki, Kyua Buraito!
Cure Windy: Daichi ni kaoru kaze, Kyua Windi!
Both: Futari wa Purikyua!
Cure Windy: Seinaru izumi wo kegasu mono yo!
Cure Bright: Akogi na mane wa oyamenasai!
Saki & Mai: Dual Spiritual Power!
Saki: Flowers, bloom on Earth!
Mai: Soar in the skies!
Cure Bloom: The gleaming golden flower, Cure Bloom!
Cure Egret: The sparkling silver wing, Cure Egret!
Both: We are Pretty Cure!
Cure Egret: Those who desecrate the Holy Fountains!
Cure Bloom: We're here to stop your cruel behavior!
Saki & Mai: Dual Spiritual Power!
Saki: Illuminating the future!
Mai: Wielding the courage!
Cure Bright: The full moon in the sky, Cure Bright!
Cure Windy: The scented wind on the earth, Cure Windy!
Both: We are Pretty Cure!
Cure Windy: Those who desecrate the Holy Fountains!
Cure Bright: We're here to stop your cruel behavior!
Yes! Pretty Cure 5
Yes! Pretty Cure 5 (Yes！プリキュア5 Yes! Purikyua 5?) is the first season to truly break away from many of the original Pretty Cure traditions. Starting from Yes! Pretty Cure 5, all the subsequent seasons belong to the Pretty Cure franchise mostly by name, as the plots and characters become more diverse and differ from the original concept of Pretty Cure.
This season is the first to break the tradition of having duo-Cures, with a total of 5 Cures, mirroring the popular concept of "Super Sentai" shows produced by parent company Toei Animation. Unlike the previous seasons, the girls do not need to be together, nor require a mascot to transform. Because of the number of Cures, the role of the leader in the group is more defined, as opposed to the balanced responsibility held by the girls in previous seasons.
A new concept set by this season is that mascot characters have the ability to transform into humans. A couple of subsequent seasons, namely Heartcatch Pretty Cure! (Coupe), Suite Pretty Cure♪ (Siren), Smile Pretty Cure! (Pop), and Doki Doki! Pretty Cure (Sharuru, Raquel, Lance, and Davie) have made use of this concept as well.
The Cure costumes have also significantly changed, with the Cures having costumes of similar design and a united theme of butterflies, unlike the previous seasons where there was no such unity in terms of costume. All subsequent seasons have followed suit, with a common costume theme between the Cures. In order to transform, the girls require their Pinky Catch.
In the movie Yes! Pretty Cure 5: Kagami no Kuni no Miracle Daibouken!, the concept of dark versions of Pretty Cure is first explored. Later seasons such as Heartcatch Pretty Cure! have adopted this concept and developed it further within the main TV series.
The main characters of the season are:
- Yumehara Nozomi (夢原 のぞみ Yumehara Nozomi?) / Cure Dream (キュアドリーム Kyua Dorīmu?)
- The leader of the group, she represents Hope and holds the power of crystals.
- Natsuki Rin (夏木 りん Natsuki Rin?) / Cure Rouge (キュアルージュ Kyua Rūju?)
- She represents Passion and holds the power of fire.
- Kasugano Urara (春日野 うらら Kasugano Urara?) / Cure Lemonade (キュアレモネード Kyua Remonēdo?)
- She represents Effervescence and holds the power of light.
- Akimoto Komachi (秋元 こまち Akimoto Komachi?) / Cure Mint (キュアミント Kyua Minto?)
- She represents Tranquility and holds the power of earth.
- Minazuki Karen (水無月 かれん Minazuki Karen?) / Cure Aqua (キュアアクア Kyua Akua?)
- She represents Intelligence and holds the power of water.
- Dark Pretty Cure 5 (ダークプリキュア5 Dāku Purikyua Faibu?)
- A group of movie-exclusive characters, these girls are clones of the 5 Cures. They are born out of the Cures' and Shadow's powers, and are representations of the Cures' dark sides. Individually, they are known as Dark Dream, Dark Rouge, Dark Lemonade, Dark Mint and Dark Aqua.
- Coconuts (ココナッツ Kokonattsu?)
- Featured in a play in Yes! Pretty Cure 5 GoGo!: Okashi no Kuni no Happy Birthday!, this duo is formed by Coco and Natts by using the Miracle Lights.
- Their role is to explain how to use the Miracle Lights to the audience.
- Cure Coco (キュアココ Kyua Koko?): The Cure of Creampuffs.
- Cure Nuts (キュアナッツ Kyua Nattsu?): The Cure of Sweet Bean Rice Cakes.
Cure Dream: 大いなる希望の力、キュアドリーム！
Cure Rouge: 情熱の赤い炎、キュアルージュ！
Cure Lemonade: 弾けるレモンの香り、キュアレモネード！
Cure Mint: 安らぎの緑の大地、キュアミント！
Cure Aqua: 知性の青き泉、キュアアクア！
Cure Dream: 希望の力と
Koji & Natsu: ココナッツ・メタモルフォーゼ！
Cure Coco: シュクリームは大好き、キュアココ！
Cure Nuts: 安らぎの豆大福、キュアナッツ！
All: Purikyua Metamorufōze!
Cure Dream: Ooinaru kibou no chikara, Kyua Dorīmu!
Cure Rouge: Jounetsu no akai honoo, Kyua Rūju!
Cure Lemonade: Hajikeru remon no kaori, Kyua Remonēdo!
Cure Mint: Yasuragi no midori no daichi, Kyua Minto!
Cure Aqua: Chisei no aoki izumi, Kyua Akua!
Cure Dream: Kibō no chikara to
All: Mirai no hikari
All: Karei ni habataku itsutsu no kokoro
All: Yes! Purikyua 5!
Koji & Natsu: Kokonattsu Metamorufōze!
Cure Coco: Shukurimu wa daisuki, Kyua Koko!
Cure Nuts: Yasuragi no mamedaifuku, Kyua Nattsu!
Both: Futari wa Kokonattsu!
All: Pretty Cure Metamorphose!
Cure Dream: The great power of hope, Cure Dream!
Cure Rouge: The red flame of passion, Cure Rouge!
Cure Lemonade: The effervescent scent of lemon, Cure Lemonade!
Cure Mint: The green earth of tranquility, Cure Mint!
Cure Aqua: The blue spring of intelligence, Cure Aqua!
Cure Dream: With the power of hope
All: And the light of the future
All: Our beautiful five hearts will soar
All: Yes! Pretty Cure 5!
Koji & Natsu: Coconuts Metamorphose!
Cure Coco: I love creampuffs, Cure Coco!
Cure Nuts: Sweet Bean Rice Cakes of tranquility, Cure Nuts!
Both: We are Coconuts!
Yes! Pretty Cure 5 Go Go!
Yes! Pretty Cure 5 GoGo! (Yes！プリキュア5Go Go！ Yes! Purikyua 5 Go Go!?) is the sequel to the previous season. A new member is added to the team, and the 5 existing Cures gain a powered-up form. The season's theme is roses. To transform, the 5 girls require their CureMo. Milk requires her Milky Palette and needs to be in her human form Kurumi.
Following the previous season, the mascot Milk gains the ability to turn into a human. Furthermore, this sequel expands on the non-Cure concept first introduced in Futari wa Pretty Cure Max Heart, and develops the new concept of a mascot capable of gaining Cure-like powers as well. This concept is later adopted by a subsequent season and further expanded upon, Suite Pretty Cure♪ (Siren).
Incidentally, Milky Rose shares a similar introductory phrase as the Cures in Fresh Pretty Cure!, and it has never been confirmed whether this was deliberate hint at the next season or just a coincidence.
The new character of the sequel is:
- Milk (ミルク Miruku?) / Mimino Kurumi (美々野 くるみ Mimino Kurumi?) / Milky Rose (ミルキィローズ Miruki Rōzu?)
- One of the mascots from the original season. Rose is extremely strong in battle, even more so than the original Cures. She has her own individual transformation sequence, items and devices, and specific attacks. Her power derives from the mysterious blue rose of miracles, the counterpart of Pretty Cure's red rose of hope.
Milky Rose: 青いバラは秘密のしるし！ミルキィローズ！
Kurumi: Sukairōzu Toransureito!
Milky Rose: Aoi bara wa himitsu no shirushi! Miruki Rōzu!
Kurumi: Skyrose Translate!
Milky Rose: The blue rose is my secret emblem! Milky Rose!
Fresh Pretty Cure!
Fresh Pretty Cure! (フレッシュプリキュア！ Furesshu Purikyua!?) is the fourth original season of Pretty Cure and the sixth season overall. It is often the first season recognized by fans as the start of the "modern Pretty Cure", due to the vast number of changes and new concepts introduced.
Fresh Pretty Cure! is the first season in which the concept of "utter transformation" was introduced. As such, the girls in their Cure forms and civilian forms look nothing like each other, with changes in their hair length, hair color, and eye color. In order to transform, the girls require their Linkrun. The season is based on dual themes of fruits and happiness.
In terms of plot, this season is the first to introduce a Cure mid-season, instead of introducing them all at once at the start. This plot direction is adopted by later seasons such as Heartcatch Pretty Cure! and Suite Pretty Cure♪.
Following Futari wa Pretty Cure Splash Star, Fresh Pretty Cure! expands on the plot concept of a villain who has a change of heart mid-season and gains the true power of Pretty Cure. This is also the first time a character from another world gained status as a true Cure. Later seasons such as Suite Pretty Cure♪ (Siren) have also adopted this plot direction.
This is also the first season in which the Cures gain the ability to power-up to an ultimate form. In the final episodes, with the power and hope of the masses, the Cures managed to transform into their ultimate form, Cure Angel.
The main characters of the season are:
- Momozono Love (桃園 ラブ Momozono Rabu?) / Cure Peach (キュアピーチ Kyua Pīchi?)
- The leader of the group, she represents the pink heart of Love.
- Aono Miki (蒼乃 美希 Aono Miki?) / Cure Berry (キュアベリー Kyua Berī?)
- She represents the blue heart of Hope.
- Yamabuki Inori (山吹 祈里 Yamabuki Inori?) / Cure Pine (キュアパイン Kyua Paīn?)
- She represents the yellow heart of Prayer.
- Eas (イース Iisu?) / Higashi Setsuna (東 せつな Higashi Setsuna?) / Cure Passion (キュアパッション Kyua Passhon?)
- Cure Angel (キュアエンジェル Kyua Enjeru?)
- The group name of the Cures' ultimate form. Individually, they are known as Angel Peach, Angel Berry, Angel Pine and Angel Passion, without the Cure-prefix.
Cure Peach: ピンクのハートは愛あるしるし！もぎたてフレッシュ、キュアピーチ！
Cure Berry: ブルーのハートは希望のしるし！つみたてフレッシュ、キュアベリー！
Cure Pine: イエローハートは祈りのしるし！とれたてフレッシュ、キュアパイン！
Cure Passion: 真っ赤なハートは幸せの証！熟れたてフレッシュ、キュアパッション！
Cure Peach: レッツ、
Cure Peach: チェインジ・プリキュア
All: Cheinji, Purikyua Bīto Appu!
Cure Peach: Pinku no hāto wa ai aru shirushi! Mogitate furesshu, Kyua Pīchi!
Cure Berry: Burū no hāto wa kibō no shirushi! Tsumitate furesshu, Kyua Berī!
Cure Pine: Ierō no hāto wa inori no shirushi! Toretate furesshu, Kyua Pain!
Cure Passion: Makka no hāto wa shiawase no akashi! Uretate furesshu, Kyua Passhon!
Cure Peach: Rettsu
Cure Peach: Cheinji, Purikyua
All: Bīto Appu!
All: Howaito hāto wa minna no kokoro! Habatake furesshu, Kyua Enjeru!
All: Change, Pretty Cure Beat Up!
Cure Peach: The pink heart is the symbol of love! Freshly-picked, Cure Peach!
Cure Berry: The blue heart is the symbol of hope! Freshly-gathered, Cure Berry!
Cure Pine: The yellow heart is the sign of prayers! Freshly-harvested, Cure Pine!
Cure Passion: The crimson heart is the proof of happiness! Freshly-ripened, Cure Passion!
Cure Peach: Let's
All: Pretty Cure!
Cure Peach: Change, Pretty Cure
All: Beat Up!
All: The white heart is the heart of everyone! Soaring fresh, Cure Angel!
Heartcatch Pretty Cure!
After Fresh Pretty Cure!, this season is noted for the unique art style of the chief designer, resulting in the youngest-looking Cures in the entire franchise (even though they are officially the same age as most of the Cures from other seasons). The designer, known as creating another magical girl series "Ojamajo Doremi", also brought the concept of "active transformations" to Pretty Cure, when the girls actively apply magic onto their bodies to transform into Cures. This concept is also adopted in a later season, Smile Pretty Cure!.
Similar to Fresh Pretty Cure!, this season pays large emphasis to costume design, complying closely to the theme of flowers and adopting the concept of "utter transformation". In this season, the original concept of a mascot partner for transformation is brought back, and the girls require their respective mascots and their individual transformation devices to transform: Heart Perfumes for Tsubomi and Erika, the Shiny Perfume for Itsuki, and the Heart Pot for Yuri.
Plot-wise, Heartcatch Pretty Cure! also introduced additional Cures mid-season, as well as an ultimate form achieved near the end of the season, Super Silhouette and an infinity form Infinity Silhouette, where the Cures combine to form one entity.
In this season, the concept of multiple Cures is introduced, where the existence of Cures other than the 4 main heroines is a confirmed fact. The idea that a Pretty Cure can be created by science is also introduced in this season.
Incidentally, the attacks of the Cures contain musical terms such as "forte" and "fortissimo", although there is no other musical influence or reference throughout the entire season. It has never been confirmed whether this was deliberate hint at the next season, which has a musical theme, or just a coincidence.
The main characters of the season are:
- Hanasaki Tsubomi (花咲 つぼみ Hanasaki Tsubomi?) / Cure Blossom (キュアブロッサム Kyua Burossamu?)
- The leader of the group, she is the only leader in the entire franchise who has a shy, pensive personality. Her theme flower is the cherry blossom, and she represents the flower of the Earth.
- Kurumi Erika (来海 えりか Kurumi Erika?) / Cure Marine (キュアマリン Kyua Marin?)
- With an outgoing personality, she resembles the leaders of the other seasons much more than Tsubomi does. Her theme flower is the daisy, and she represents the flower of the Oceans.
- Myoudouin Itsuki (明堂院 いつき Myōdōin Itsuki?) / Cure Sunshine (キュアサンシャイン Kyua Sanshain?)
- Although there have been many tomboyish characters in past seasons, she is the first to actually cross-dress and actively conceal her identity as a girl. Her theme flower is the sunflower, and she represents the flower of the Sun.
- Tsukikage Yuri (月影 ゆり Tsukikage Yuri?) / Cure Moonlight (キュアムーンライト Kyua Mūnraito?)
- She is the first and only Cure of high school age, and is thus the oldest Cure out of all the main Cures throughout the series. Her theme flower is the rose, and she represents the flower of the Moon.
- Super Silhouette (スーパーシルエット Sūpā Shiruetto?)
- The group name of the Cures' ultimate form. Individually, they are known as Super Cure Blossom, Super Cure Marine, Super Cure Sunshine, and Super Cure Moonlight.
- Infinity Silhouette (無限シルエット Mugen Shiruetto?)
- Mirage Pretty Cure (ミラージュプリキュア Mirāju Purikyua?)
- Mirages of the four main Cures in the Pretty Cure Palace they had to defeat to gain their Super Silhouette forms. Individually, they are known as Cure Blossom Mirage, Cure Marine Mirage, Cure Sunshine Mirage, and Cure Moonlight Mirage.
- Dark Pretty Cure (ダークプリキュア Dāku Purikyua?)
- A Cure created by science and technology, she is essentially the dark half of Cure Moonlight. She represents the flower of the dark side of the Moon.
- Hanasaki Kaoruko (花咲 薫子 Hanasaki Kaoruko?) / Cure Flower (キュアフラワー Kyua Furawā?)
- Tsubomi's grandmother, who used to be a Pretty Cure. Her Heart Perfume was damaged when she sealed Dune away, and she has since lost the ability to transform. Her theme flower is the lavender, and she represents the flower of Holy Light.
- Cure Ange (HPC movie) (キュアアンジェ Kyua Anje?)
- A Cure who appeared only in the movie Heartcatch Pretty Cure!: Hana no Miyako de Fashion Show... Desu ka!?, she is the very first Cure in the Heartcatch Pretty Cure! universe. Her theme flower and true identity remains unknown.
- Other Cures (他のプリキュア Hoka no Purikyua?)
- While they have never been shown, there are fifteen or more statues of Cures in the Pretty Cure Palace, hinting that there were at least fifteen Cures in the Heartcatch Pretty Cure! universe before the present ones.HPC32
- The statues implied that they had acquired Super Silhouette, meaning that there may be even more Cures who did not reach said level.HPC38
- According to the movie, the first Cure appeared to fight and seal Salamander away, 400 years ago, meaning that there have been Cures appearing ever since 400 years prior to the present.
All: プリキュア！ オープン・マイ・ハート！
Cure Blossom: 大地に咲く一輪の花、キュアブロッサム！
Cure Marine: 海風に揺れる一輪の花、キュアマリン！
Cure Sunshine: 陽の光浴びる一輪の花、キュアサンシャイン！
Cure Moonlight: 月光に冴える一輪の花、キュアムーンライト！
Super Silhouette: 世界に輝く一面の花！ハートキャッチプリキュア！スーパーシルエット！
Infinity Silhouette: 無限の力と無限の愛を持つ星の瞳のプリキュア！ハートキャッチプリキュア、無限シルエット！！
All: Purikyua! Ōpen Mai Hāto!
Cure Blossom: Daichi ni saku ichirin no hana, Kyua Burossamu!
Cure Marine: Umikaze ni yureru ichirin no hana, Kyua Marin!
Cure Sunshine: Hi no hikari abiru ichirin no hana, Kyua Sanshain!
Cure Moonlight: Gekkou ni saeru ichirin no hana, Kyua Mūnraito!
All: Hātokyacchi Purikyua!
All: Kagami yo kagami, Purikyua ni chikara wo!
Super Silhouette: Sekai ni kagayaku ichimen no hana! Hātokyacchi Purikyua! Sūpā Shiruetto!
All: Uchuu ni saku tairin no hana!
Infinity Silhouette: Mugen no chikara to mugen no ai wo motsu hoshi no hitomi no Purikyua! Hātokyacchi Purikyua Mugen Shiruetto!
All: Pretty Cure! Open my heart!
Cure Blossom: The flower that blooms upon the earth, Cure Blossom!
Cure Marine: The flower that sways in the sea breeze, Cure Marine!
Cure Sunshine: The flower that bathes in the rays of the sun, Cure Sunshine!
Cure Moonlight: The flower that gleams in the light of the moon, Cure Moonlight!
All: Heartcatch Pretty Cure!
All: Mirror, O mirror, grant power to Pretty Cure!
Super Silhouette: The flowers shining all over the world, Heartcatch Pretty Cure Super Silhouette!
All: The grand flower that blossoms throughout the universe!
Infinity Silhouette: Infinite power, infinite love, the Pretty Cure of star-filled eyes! Heartcatch Pretty Cure Infinity Silhouette!
Suite Pretty Cure♪
The chief designer for this season was Akira Takahashi, who did the character designs from Kaidan Restaurant. The 2 main characters Hibiki and Kanade, like Nagisa and Honoka, could not transform without each other. Similarly, when their relationship is unbalanced, their fighting or Harmony power slips, and they are unable to perform their attacks. To transform, the girls require their Cure Modules as well as their respective Fairy Tone mascot partners.
Unlike Futari wa Pretty Cure, this season follows Fresh Pretty Cure! more in terms of character design, with more mature-looking girls and fashionable Cure costumes heavily based on ribbons and frills. The concept of "utter transformation" is strong in this season, in which the girls' looks change completely when they transform to become Pretty Cure.
In terms of plot, Suite Pretty Cure♪ adopts many plot directions previously used in past seasons. Mascots are capable of transforming into humans is reminiscent of Yes! Pretty Cure 5, and mascots gaining the ability to transform into a true Cure is a further development on a similar concept used in Yes! Pretty Cure 5 GoGo! with Milk. A former villain having a change of heart mid-season and joining the Pretty Cure is also similar to Cure Passion's story from Fresh Pretty Cure!.
A new plot direction introduced in this season is the existence of a masked Cure of unknown identity, who does not pick sides and remains aloof and in the background until her real identity is revealed. This season is also unique as half the Cures in the season are characters who come from another world.
Following the previous two seasons, Suite Pretty Cure♪ is the third season in which the Cures gain the ability to power-up to an ultimate form. In the final episodes, the Cures managed to achieve the Miraculous Transformation (奇跡の変身 Kiseki no henshin?).
The main characters of the season are:
- Hojo Hibiki (北条 響 Hōjō Hibiki?) / Cure Melody (キュアメロディ Kyua Merodi?)
- The leader of the group, she is straightforward and great at sports, reminiscent of Nagisa and Saki's half of the original Pretty Cure duo. She represents the wild nature of music.
- Minamino Kanade (南野 奏 Minamino Kanade?) / Cure Rhythm (キュアリズム Kyua Rizumu?)
- The calm one who balances out Hibiki's personality, she is great at studying and baking and is reminiscent of Honoka and Mai's half of the original Pretty Cure duo. She represents the graceful nature of music.
- Siren (セイレーン Seirēn?) / Kurokawa Ellen (黒川 エレン Kurokawa Ellen?) / Cure Beat (キュアビート Kyua Bīto?)
- Originally one of the main villains, Siren was controlled by the "evil noise" and fought against the Pretty Cure. Mid-season, she was reborn as Cure Beat due to her strong wish to protect Hummy. She represents the soul of music.
- Shirabe Ako (調辺 アコ Shirabe Ako?) / Cure Muse (キュアミューズ Kyua Myūzu?)
- The princess of Major Land, she disguised her identity as the masked Cure and did not reveal herself until mid-season. She is the first and only Cure of elementary school age, and is thus the youngest Cure out of all the main Cures throughout the series. She represents the Goddess of music.
- Miraculous Transformation (奇跡の変身 Kiseki no henshin?)
- The group name of the Cures' ultimate form. Individually, they are known as Crescendo Cure Melody, Crescendo Cure Rhythm, Crescendo Cure Beat and Crescendo Cure Muse, without the Cure-prefix.
Cure Melody: 爪弾くは荒ぶる調べ！キュアメロディ！
Cure Rhythm: 爪弾くはたおやかな調べ！キュアリズム！
Cure Beat: 爪弾くは魂の調べ！キュアビート！
Cure Muse: 爪弾くは女神の調べ！キュアミューズ！
All: Rettsu purei! Purikyua Mojurēshon!
Cure Melody: Tsumabiku wa araburu shirabe, Kyua Merodi!
Cure Rhythm: Tsumabiku wa taoyaka na shirabe, Kyua Rizumu!
Cure Beat: Tsumabiku wa tamashii no shirabe, Kyua Bīto!
Cure Muse: Tsumabiku wa megami no shirabe, Kyua Myūzu!
All: Todoke, yonin no kumikyoku!
All: Suīto Purikyua!
All: Let's play! Pretty Cure Modulation!
Cure Melody: Strumming the wild tune, Cure Melody!
Cure Rhythm: Strumming the tranquil tune, Cure Rhythm!
Cure Beat: Strumming the soul's tune, Cure Beat!
Cure Muse: Strumming the tune of the goddess, Cure Muse!
All: Resonate! Our musical suite!
All: Suite Pretty Cure!
Smile Pretty Cure!
The chief designer for this season was the one who provided the character design for Yes! Pretty Cure 5, so the concept of "Super Sentai" is revisited in this season, with a total of 5 Cures. The art style has also resulted in younger-looking Cures, a difference from the mature-looking Cures from the previous season. Similar to Yes! Pretty Cure 5, the girls do not need to be together, nor require a mascot to transform. They just require their Smile Pact and their respective Cure Decor piece.
As with the past few seasons, the concept of "utter transformation" is employed in Smile Pretty Cure!, with the girls changing hair length, color, style and eye color when they transform.
Following the previous three seasons, the Cures were able to gain the ability to power-up into an ultimate form near the end of the season.
The main characters of the season are:
- Hoshizora Miyuki (星空 みゆき Hoshizora Miyuki?) / Cure Happy (キュアハッピー Kyua Happī?)
- A bright and cheerful girl, who is the leader of the group, she represents sparkling light and holds the power of Holy light.
- Hino Akane (日野 あかね Hino Akane?) / Cure Sunny (キュアサニー Kyua Sanī?)
- Born and raised in Osaka, she is the only Cure in the series to have a distinctly different speech pattern, speaking in the Kansai dialect. Out of the 5 Cures, she has the greatest physical strength. She represents brilliance and power and holds the power of fire.
- Kise Yayoi (黄瀬 やよい Kise Yayoi?) / Cure Peace (キュアピース Kyua Pīsu?)
- A timid girl, her fear is a weapon in itself as it results in unintended but dangerous outlashes at the enemy. She represents glitter and fun and holds the power of lightning.
- Midorikawa Nao (緑川 なお Midorikawa Nao?) / Cure March (キュアマーチ Kyua Māchi?)
- Strong and courageous. She has to be a responsible and caring older sister to her six siblings. Out of the 5 Cures, she can run at the fastest speed, and can thus run up and along vertical walls. She represents intense courage and holds the power of wind.
- Aoki Reika (青木 れいか Aoki Reika?) / Cure Beauty (キュアビューティ Kyua Byūti?)
- Out of the 5 Cures, she is the most rational, which together with her leadership experiences in school, makes her the level-headed one who talks reason into the others. She represents nobility and beauty and holds the power of ice.
- Candy (キャンディ Kyandi?) / Royale Candy (ロイヤルキャンディ Roiyaru Kyandi?)
- A Cure-like ally. She is the girls' primary fairy helper, manifesting herself in human form as the next queen of Märchenland. She is similar to Shiny Luminous in many ways.
- Bad End Pretty Cure (バッドエンドプリキュア Baddo Endo Purikyua?)
- Evil copies of Smile! Cures, created by Joker.
Smile Pact: レディ？ゴー！
Smile Pact: ゴー！ゴー！レッツゴー！
Cure Happy: キラキラ輝く未来の光！ キュアハッピー！
Cure Sunny: 太陽サンサン 熱血パワー！ キュアサニー！
Cure Peace: ピカピカぴかりん じゃんけんポン♪ キュアピース！
Cure March: 勇気リンリン直球勝負！キュアマーチ！
Cure Beauty: しんしんと降り積もる清き心！キュアビューティ！
Smile Pact: Redī?
All: Purikyua, Sumairu Chāji!
Smile Pact: Gō! Gō! Gō! Rettsu gō!
Cure Happy: Kirakira kagayaku mirai no hikari! Kyua Happī!
Cure Sunny: Taiyou sansan nekketsu pawaa! Kyua Sanī!
Cure Peace: Pikapika pikarin jankenpon ♪ Kyua Pīsu!
Cure March: Yuuki rinrin chokkyu shoubu! Kyua Māchi!
Cure Beauty: Shinshin to furitsumoru kiyoki kokoro! Kyua Byūti!
All: Itsutsu no hikari ga michibiku mirai!
All: Kagayake! Sumairu Purikyua!
Smile Pact: Ready? Go!
All: Pretty Cure! Smile Charge!
Smile Pact: Go! Go! Let's go!
Cure Happy: Twinkling and Shining, the light of the future! Cure Happy!
Cure Sunny: The brilliant Sun! Hot-Blooded Power! Cure Sunny!
Cure Peace: Sparkling and Glittering! Rock, Paper, Scissors! Cure Peace!
Cure March: Intense courage, a straight up bout! Cure March!
Cure Beauty: The snow, falling and gathering! A noble Heart! Cure Beauty!
All: Our 5 lights will guide us to the future!
All: Sparkle! Smile Pretty Cure!
Glitter Force version
All: Insert Glitter Charm!
Glitter Pact: Activate Glitter Pact!
All: All together! Glitter Force Makeover!
Emily (Miyuki): Glitter Puff, apply shades of power!
Emily: Poof poof, Glitter Bands!
April (Nao): Yeah! Watch out, world!
Emily: Glitter Boots!
Glitter Lucky: A fabulous shimmer! A glow in your heart! I'm Glitter Lucky!
Glitter Sunny: When you mess with me, you're playing with fire! I'm Glitter Sunny!
Glitter Peace: Puppies and kittens! The power of love! I'm Glitter Peace!
Glitter Spring: A force as strong as life itself! I'm Glitter Spring!
Glitter Breeze: Cool and swift as the winter wind! I'm Glitter Breeze!
All: Time to blaze a way to a happy ending!
Glitter Lucky: Ready, girls?
All: Shining bright! Here comes the Glitter Force!
Doki Doki! Pretty Cure
The main characters of this series are:
- Aida Mana (相田 マナ Aida Mana?) / Cure Heart (キュアハート Kyua Hāto?)
- The bright and energetic student council president of Oogai First Public Middle School in her second year. She's a person who believes that actions speak louder than words, and will often jump in to help others without even thinking about it.
- Hishikawa Rikka (菱川 六花 Hishikawa Rikka?) / Cure Diamond (キュアダイヤモンド Kyua Daiyamondo?)
- The student council secretary in Oogai First Public Middle School. She's Mana's childhood friend. She was always protected by her back then, which makes Rikka always believe in Mana, but Rikka always protected Mana when she was a trouble maker. She is also one of the ten best students in national mock exams.
- Yotsuba Alice (四葉 ありす Yotsuba Arisu?) / Cure Rosetta (キュアロゼッタ Kyua Rozetta?)
- A student in Nanatsu Hashi Academy for girls, which only rich people can afford because she's the heir to the Yotsuba Zaibatsu. She's childhood friends with Mana and Rikka. She's a kind person, sweet, talented and gentle, but often flaunts wealth involuntarily.
- Kenzaki Makoto (剣崎 真琴 Kenzaki Makoto?) / Cure Sword (キュアソード Kyua Sōdo?)
- The royal guard of Trump Kingdom in parallel worlds. She came to Japan to find the princess after her nation was invaded and became a super idol and extremely popular fashionista. Cool and always has a strong sense of responsibility, but harbored remorse for feeling that she didn't protect the princess, and doesn't get along well with her new allies.
- Madoka Aguri (円亜久里 Madoka Aguri?) / Cure Ace (キュアエース Kyua Ēsu?)
- Cure Empress (キュアエンプレス Kyua Enpuresu?)
- One of the legendary Pretty Cures. She was the original user of the Magical Lovely Pad, and bears a resemblance to Cure Heart.
Mana, Rikka, Alice, Makoto: プリキュア、ラブリンク！
Aguri: プリキュア, ドレスアップ!
Cure Heart: みなぎる愛！キュアハート!
Cure Diamond: 英知の光！キュアダイヤモンド！
Cure Rosetta: 陽だまりポカポカ！キュアロゼッタ!
Cure Sword: 勇気の刃！キュアソード！
Cure Ace: 愛の切り札! ! キュアエース !
Mana, Rikka, Alice, Makoto: Purikyua, Rabu Rinku!
Aguri: Purikyua, Doresu Appu!
Cure Heart: Minagiru ai! Kyua Hāto!
Cure Diamond: Eichi no Hikari! Kyua Daiyamondo!
Cure Rosetta: Hidamari pokapoka! Kyua Rozetta!
Cure Sword: Yūki no yaiba! Kyua Sōdo!
Cure Ace: Ai no kirifuda! Kyua Ēsu!
All: Hibike, Ai no kodō! Doki Doki! Purikyua!
Mana, Rikka, Alice, Makoto: Pretty Cure, Love Link!
Aguri: Pretty Cure, Dress Up!
Cure Heart: Brimming with love! Cure Heart!
Cure Diamond: The light of wisdom! Cure Diamond!
Cure Rosetta: The warmth of the sun! Cure Rosetta!
Cure Sword: The blade of courage! Cure Sword!
Cure Ace: The trump card of love! Cure Ace!
All: Resonate! The beat of love! Doki Doki! Pretty Cure!
Happiness Charge Pretty Cure!
Happiness Charge Pretty Cure! (ハピネスチャージプリキュア！ Hapinesu Chāji Purikyua!?) is the ninth original series of Pretty Cure and the eleventh season overall. The season celebrates the franchise's 10th anniversary, having been ten years since Futari wa Pretty Cure.
The main characters of this series are:
- Aino Megumi (愛乃 めぐみ Aino Megumi?) / Cure Lovely (キュアラブリー Kyua Raburī?)
- A lively and energetic girl who can never leave anyone alone who has a problem. Full of courage and love, Megumi is very popular with others. As Cure Lovely, she has access to two alternate forms, the red Cherry Flamenco (チェリーフラメンコ Cherī Furamenko?) and the yellow Lollipop Hip Hop (ロリポップヒップホップ Roripoppu Hippu Hoppu?). Her standard signature color is pink and she represents hearts.
- Shirayuki Hime (白雪 ひめ Shirayuki Hime?) / Cure Princess (キュアプリンセス Kyua Purinsesu?)
- Hime is a slightly selfish girl whose specialty is being fashionable. She is the princess of the Blue Sky Kingdom. As Cure Princess, she has access to two alternate forms, the dark blue Sherbet Ballet (シャーベットバレエ Shābetto Baree?) and the green Macadamia Hula Dance (マカダミアフラダンス Makadamia Fura Dansu?). Her standard signature color is blue and she represents circles, the Sun, moon and feathers.
- Omori Yuko (大森 ゆうこ Ōmori Yūko?) / Cure Honey (キュアハニー Kyua Hanī?)
- Her house is a lunch store so she loves eating rice and cooking. She sings well and can heal the Cures' strength. She's Megumi's classmate and childhood friend. As Cure Honey, she has access to two alternate forms, the blue and red Popcorn Cheer (ポップコーンチア Poppukōn Chia?) and the orange Coconuts Samba (ココナッツサンバ Kokonattsu Sanba?). Her standard signature color is yellow and she represents clovers.
- Hikawa Iona (氷川 いおな Hikawa Iona?) / Cure Fortune (キュアフォーチュン Kyua Fōchun?)
- At the beginning, she fights alone and helps the weak. She has a strong sense of justice and a gentleness when she consoles people. With her sense of duty as a Cure and her excellent fighting skills, she goes on her own to bring down the Saiark one by one. She hates Cure Princess at first but in episode 22, she forgives her and they become friends in episode 23. As Cure Fortune, she has access to two alternate forms, the turquoise Pine Arabian (パインアラビア Pain Arabia?) and the light blue and pink Anmitsu Komachi (あんみつこまち Anmitsu Komachi?). Her standard signature color is purple.
- Hikawa Maria (氷川 マリア Hikawa Maria?) / Cure Tender (キュアテンダー Kyua Tendā?)
- Iona's older sister. She was first mentioned in episode 18, but is missing. She is seen in episode 21. In episode 37, it was revealed that she was freed and was brainwashed to become a servant of Queen Mirage, but she was freed in the next episode. Despite being Iona's sister, she declines her offer to join the team and leaves for North America to see her parents and fight the Phantom Empire's invasion there. She has since returned to aid the other international Pretty Cures in the final battle.
- International Pretty Cures
- Cures from different countries.
Megumi, Hime, Yuko: かわるんるん！ プリキュア! くるりんミラーチェンジ!
Iona: プリキュア！ きらりんスターシンフォニー!
Cure Lovely: 世界に広がるビッグな愛！キュアラブリー！
Cure Princess: 天空に舞う青き風！キュアプリンセス！
Cure Honey: 大地に実る命の光！キュアハニー！
Cure Fortune: 夜空にきらめく希望の星! キュアフォーチュン!
Lovely and Princess: ハピネス注入,
Honey and Fortune: 幸せチャージ!
Megumi, Hime, Yuko: Kawarunrun! Purikyua! Kururin Mirā Chenji!
Iona: Purikyua! Kirarin Sutā Shinfonī!
Cure Lovely: Sekai ni hirogaru biggu na ai! Kyua Raburī!
Cure Princess: Tenkū ni mau aoki kaze! Kyua Purinsesu!
Cure Honey: Daichi ni minoru inochi no hikari! Kyua Hanī!
Cure Fortune: Yozora ni kirameku kibou no hoshi! Kyua Fōchun!
Lovely and Princess: Hapinesu chūnyū,
Honey and Fortune: Shiawase chāji!'
All: Hapinesu Chāji Purikyua!
Megumi, Hime, Yuko: Time to Change! Pretty Cure! Spinning Mirror Change!
Iona: Pretty Cure! Shining Star Symphony!
Cure Lovely: The big love spreading throughout the world! Cure Lovely!
Cure Princess: The blue wind dancing in the sky! Cure Princess!
Cure Honey: The light of life flourishing on the Earth! Cure Honey!
Cure Fortune: The star of hope that glitters in the night sky! Cure Fortune!
Lovely and Princess: Injected with happiness,
Honey and Fortune: Charged with bliss!
All: Happiness Charge Pretty Cure!
Go! Princess Pretty Cure
The main characters of this season are:
- Haruno Haruka (春野はるか Haruno Haruka?) / Cure Flora (キュアフローラ Kyua Furōra?)
- She is energetic with a beautiful smile. She feels that working hard in order to fulfill your dream is the best. She has always admired the princesses in picture books and continues to cherish her dream of "becoming a Princess", even now.
- Kaido Minami (海藤みなみ Kaidō Minami?) / Cure Mermaid (キュアマーメイド Kyua Māmeido?)
- Referred to as the 'Academy's Princess', Minami who is a fourteen year old sophomore at Noble Academy as well as the student council president. She has a strong sense of responsibility, cares for others like a gentle sister, but can sometimes feel lonely. Her dream is to become a respectable person that can be useful to others.
- Amanogawa Kirara (天ノ川きらら Amanogawa Kirara?) / Cure Twinkle (キュアトゥインクル Kyua To~uinkuru?)
- She is a popular model and is a 'my pace' kind of girl who is very fashionable. She's very busy, going in and out of fashion shows almost daily. Her dream is to become a top model. She feels that you should have the strength to push straight ahead towards your dreams.
- Akagi Towa (紅城トワ Akagi Towa?) / Twilight (トワイライト Towairaito?) / Cure Scarlet (キュアスカーレット Kyua Sukāretto?)
- Towa is a young princess from Hope Kingdom and the sister of Prince Kanata. One day, when she was little, she was tricked by Dyspear into thinking she will help make her dream of becoming a Grand Princess come true. Soon after, she was brainwashed and became Twilight and was thought to be Dyspear's daughter. In episode 21, thanks to the Cures and Kanata, she was freed from Dyspear's influence before the dark Dress Up Keys she possessed consumed her. In episode 22, her keys and Princess Perfume were purified, allowing her to transform into Cure Scarlet, the Princess of Flames whose theme color is red.
Cure Flora: 咲きほこる花のプリンセス！キュアフローラ！
Cure Mermaid: 澄み渡る海のプリンセス！キュアマーメイド！
Cure Twinkle: きらめく星のプリンセス！キュアトゥインクル！
Cure Scarlet: 真紅の炎のプリンセス！キュアスカーレット！
Cure Flora: つよく！
Cure Mermaid: やさしく！
Cure Twinkle: 美しく！
Cure Scarlet: Go！
Cure Flora: 冷たい檻に閉ざされた夢！ 返していただきますわ！ お覚悟はよろしくて！
All: Purikyua Purinsesu Engēji!
Cure Flora: Sakihokoru hana no purinsesu! Kyua Furōra!
Cure Mermaid: Sumiwataru umi no purinsesu! Kyua Māmeido!
Cure Twinkle: Kirameku hoshi no purinsesu! Kyua To~uinkuru!
Cure Scarlet: Shinku no honō no purinsesu! Kyua Sukāretto!
Cure Flora: Tsuyoku!
Cure Mermaid: Yasashiku!
Cure Twinkle: Utsukushiku!
Cure Scarlet: Go!
All: Purinsesu Purikyua!
Cure Flora: Tsumetai ori ni tozasa reta yume! Kaeshite itadakimasu wa! O kakugo wa yoroshikute!
All: Pretty Cure, Princess Engage!
Cure Flora: Princess of the flourishing flowers! Cure Flora!
Cure Mermaid: Princess of the crystal clear seas! Cure Mermaid!
Cure Twinkle: Princess of the twinkling stars! Cure Twinkle!
Cure Scarlet: Princess of scarlet flames! Cure Scarlet!
Cure Flora: Strongly!
Cure Mermaid: Gently!
Cure Twinkle: Beautifully!
Cure Scarlet: Go!
All: Princess Pretty Cure!
Cure Flora: O dream entrapped within a frozen cage! I shall reclaim you now! Do prepare yourself!
Mahou Tsukai Pretty Cure!
Mahou Tsukai Pretty Cure! (魔法つかいプリキュア！ Mahō Tsukai Purikyua!?) is the eleventh original series of Pretty Cure and the thirteenth season overall. The serie's motifs are witches, gemstones and holding hands while the sub motifs are love, justice, dreams and friendship.
The main characters are:
- Asahina Mirai (朝日奈みらい Asahina Mirai?) / Cure Miracle (キュアミラクル Kyua Mirakuru?)
- She's a strange, lovely, funny and an energetic girl who is interested in many things. Now that she can transform into a Pretty Cure, Mirai is given the opportunity to attend a "magic school". Her goal is to study the magic she loves and to gain Riko's admiration.
- Izayoi Riko (十六夜リコ Izayoi Riko?) / Cure Magical (キュアマジカル Kyua Majikaru?)
- Although she is great at studying, her magic is very weak so she hopes to become a respectable witch in the future. Living together with Mirai, her life become bright and a little more worrisome. While searching for the jewel "Linkle Stone Emerald" in the "No Magic World", she met Mirai.
- Hanami Kotoha (花海ことは Hanami Kotoha?) / Cure Felice (キュアフェリーチェ Kyua Ferīche?)
- Ha-chan is a mysterious baby-like fairy who lives within the Linkle Smartbook.
Mirai and Riko: ダイヤ！（ルビー！・サファイア！・トパーズ！）
Mirai and Riko: ミラクル・マジカル・ジュエリーレ！
Cure Miracle: ふたりの奇跡！キュアミラクル！
Cure Magical: ふたりの魔法！キュアマジカル！
Cure Felice: あまねく生命に祝福を！キュアフェリーチェ！
Mirai and Riko: Daiya! (Rubī!/Safaia!/Topāzu!)
Mirai and Riko: Mirakuru・Majikaru・Juerīre!
Kotoha: Ferīche・Fan Fan・Furawāre!
Cure Miracle: Futari no kiseki! Kyua Mirakuru!
Cure Magical: Futari no mahou! Kyua Majikaru!
Cure Felice: Amaneku inochi ni shukufuku wo! Kyua Ferīche!
All: Mahou Tsukai Purikyua!
All: Cure Up・RaPaPa!
Mirai and Riko: Dia! (Ruby!/Sapphire!/Topaz!)
Mirai and Riko: Miracle・Magical・Jewelryle!
Kotoha: Felice・Fun Fun・Flowerle!
Cure Miracle: Our Miracle! Cure Miracle!
Cure Magical: Our Magic! Cure Magical!
Cure Felice: Spreading blessings to lives far and wide! Cure Felice!
All: Maho Girls Pretty Cure!
KiraKira☆Pretty Cure A La Mode
KiraKira☆Pretty Cure A La Mode (キラキラ☆プリキュアアラモード KiraKira☆Purikyua A Ra Mōdo?) is the twelfth original series of Pretty Cure and the fourteenth season overall. It's main motifs are sweets and animals.
The main characters are:
- Usami Ichika (宇佐美いちか Usami Ichika?) / Cure Whip (キュアホイップ Kyua Hoippu?)
- Ichika is a cheerful second year middle school student who loves sweets. When she gets excited or happy, she jumps around like a "rabbit". Despite failing all the time, Ichika still has confidence in sweet decorating. She has a skill for being able to make animal sweets. As a Pretty Cure, she is based off shortcakes and rabbits.
- Arisugawa Himari (有栖川ひまり Arisugawa Himari?) / Cure Custard (キュアカスタード Kyua Kasutādo?)
- Himari is a hard-working second year middle school student. She is known to be as fast and light as a "squirrel". Despite being shy, no one can stop her when she talks about her favourite sweets. As the Sweets Doctor, Himari knows everything about sweets and how they effect your body. As a Pretty Cure, she is based off pudding and squirrels.
- Tategami Aoi (立神あおい Tategami Aoi?) / Cure Gelato (キュアジェラート Kyua Jerāto?)
- Aoi is an enthusiastic second year middle school student who loves freedom. She is as brave and free like a "lion". Due to her love for singing, she is the vocalist of a rock band. When it comes to making sweets, Aoi supports the group by using all of her strength. As a Pretty Cure, she is based off ice cream and lions.
- Kotozume Yukari (琴爪ゆかり Kotozume Yukari?) / Cure Macaron (キュアマカロン Kyua Makaron?)
- Yukari is a beautiful and noble second year high school student. She is rather selfish and above everyone else like a "cat". When she is bored, she'll use her skills to perform tasks but after meeting Ichika, she starts to enjoy everyday a lot more. As a Pretty Cure, she is based off macarons and cats.
- Kenjou Akira (剣城あきら Kenjō Akira?) / Cure Chocolat (キュアショコラ Kyua Shokora?)
- Akira is a gentle boyish second year high school student. She'll always be by your side and has a strong sense of justice like a "dog". She knows her way around places which makes her a good person to rely on. Akira has a sickly younger sister who she tends to give chocolate to as a way of cheering her up. As a Pretty Cure, she is based off chocolate and dogs.
- Kirahoshi Ciel (キラ星 シエル Kirahoshi Shieru?) / Cure Parfait (キュアパルフェ Kyua Parufe?)
- Ciel is a genius patisserie who came from France, and is also a fairy named Kirarin (キラリン Kirarin?) who resided in Ichigo Mountain. Following her dream of becoming a Pretty Cure, she likes making everyone happy with her sweets, appearing in a flap like a "pegasus". As a Pretty Cure, she is based off parfaits and pegasi.
Cure Whip: キュアホイップ！できあがり！
Cure Custard: キュアカスタード！できあがり！
Cure Gelato: キュアジェラート！できあがり！
Cure Macaron: キュアマカロン！できあがり！
Cure Chocolat: キュアショコラ！できあがり！
Cure Parfait: キュアパルフェ！できあがり！
All: Kyua Ra Mōdo・Dekorēshon!
Ichika: Genki to egao wo!
Cure Whip: Kyua Hoippu! Dekiagari!
Cure Custard: Kyua Kasutādo! Dekiagari!
Cure Gelato: Kyua Jerāto! Dekiagari!
Cure Macaron: Kyua Makaron! Dekiagari!
Cure Chocolat: Kyua Shokora! Dekiagari!
Cure Parfait: Kyua Parufe! Dekiagari!
All: KiraKira☆Purikyua A Ra Mōdo!
All: Cure La Mode・Decoration!
Ichika: With an energetic smile!
All: Let's・La・Mix It All Up!
Cure Whip: Cure Whip! Is Ready To Serve!
Cure Custard: Cure Custard! Is Ready To Serve!
Cure Gelato: Cure Gelato! Is Ready To Serve!
Cure Macaron: Cure Macaron! Is Ready To Serve!
Cure Chocolat: Cure Chocolat! Is Ready To Serve!
Cure Parfait: Cure Parfait! Is Ready To Serve!
All: KiraKira☆Pretty Cure A La Mode!
HUGtto! Pretty Cure
HUGtto! Pretty Cure (HUGっと！プリキュア Hagutto! Purikyua?) is the thirteenth original series of Pretty Cure and the fifteenth season overall. The season celebrates the franchise's 15th anniversary, having been fifteen years since Futari wa Pretty Cure.
The main characters are:
- Nono Hana (野乃はな Nono Hana?) / Cure Yell (キュアエール Kyua Ēru?)
- A middle school student who transferred to class 2-3 of L'Avenir Academy. Hana is short for her age to the point that she looks almost child-like thus dreaming of becoming a stylish and mature big sister figure. Despite being clumsy, she is always up for a challenge.
- Yakushiji Saaya (薬師寺さあや Yakushiji Sāya?) / Cure Ange (キュアアンジュ Kyua Anju?)
- The class president of class 2-3 who is as kind as an angel toward anyone. Her mother is an actor and Saaya herself was a famous child actor however now she doesn't know what to do in the future.
- Kagayaki Homare (輝木ほまれ Kagayaki Homare?) / Cure Étoile (キュアエトワール Kyua Etowāru?)
- A charming and mature girl from Hana's class who loves fashion. Homare is good at everything; furthermore she used to be a figure skater. However, she stopped skating when she failed to complete a jump thus looking down on the sport until she met Hana and Saaya.
- Aisaki Emiru (愛崎えみる Aisaki Emiru?) / Cure Macherie (キュアマシェリ Kyua Masheri?)
- A classmate of Kotori's who has looked up to the Pretty Cure ever since she first saw them, and aspires to be a hero like them. She seems to be a bit overprotective and can overdo things, especially while helping others.
- Ruru Amour (ルールー アムール Ruru Amūru?) / Cure Amour (キュアアムール Kyua Amūru?)
- A former part-timer in the Azababu branch office of the Criasu Corporation under just her first name, she is an android who soon developed a human heart when gathering information on the Cures. She becomes close friends with Emiru after she is purified and her emotions develop fully.
All: ミライクリスタル! ハートキラっと！
Cure Yell: 輝く未来を抱きしめて！
Cure Yell: みんなを応援！元気のプリキュア！キュアエール！
Cure Ange: みんなを癒す！知恵のプリキュア！キュアアンジュ！
Cure Étoile: みんな輝！力のプリキュア！キュアエトワール！
Cure Macherie and Cure Amour: みんな大好き！愛のプリキュア！
Cure Macherie: キュアマシェリ！
Cure Amour: キュアアムール！
All: Mirai Kurisutaru! Hāto Kiratto!
Cure Yell: Kagayaku mirai wo dakishimete!
Cure Yell: Min'na wo Ōen! Genki no Purikyua! Kyua Ēru!
Cure Ange: Min'na wo Iyasu! Chie no Purikyua! Kyua Anju!
Cure Étoile: Min'na Kagayake! Chikara no Purikyua! Kyua Etowāru!
Cure Macherie and Cure Amour: Min'na Daisuki! Ai no Purikyua!
Cure Macherie: Kyua Masheri!
Cure Amour: Kyua Amūru!
All: Hagutto! Purikyua!
All: Mirai Crystal! Heart Kiratto!
Cure Yell: Embrace the sparkling future!
Cure Yell: Cheering on everyone! The Pretty Cure of High Spirits! Cure Yell!
Cure Ange: Healing everyone! The Pretty Cure of Wisdom! Cure Ange!
Cure Étoile: Making everyone shine! The Pretty Cure of Strength! Cure Étoile!
Cure Macherie and Cure Amour: Loving everyone! The Pretty Cure of Love!
Cure Macherie: Cure Macherie!
Cure Amour: Cure Amour!
All: HUGtto! Pretty Cure!
Star☆Twinkle Pretty Cure
Star☆Twinkle Pretty Cure (スター☆トゥインクルプリキュア Sutā☆Tuinkuru Purikyua?) is the fourteenth original series of Pretty Cure and the sixteenth season overall. Its main motifs are space and astrology.
The main characters are:
- Hoshina Hikaru (星奈ひかる Hoshina Hikaru?) / Cure Star (キュアスター Kyua Sutā?)
- Hikaru is an imaginative and curious second year student who loves constellations and space. She can be rather stubborn to which she will investigate anything that interests her thoroughly and acts on intuition.
- Hagoromo Lala (羽衣ララ Hagoromo Rara?) / Cure Milky (キュアミルキー Kyua Mirukī?)
- Lala is an alien from Saman who is treated more like an adult. When searching for the legendary warriors, Pretty Cure with Fuwa and Prunce, she ends up on Earth thanks to Fuwa's powers. She's serious with a strong sense of responsibility, but sometimes makes mistakes. Her charm point is the antennae on her head.
- Amamiya Elena (天宮えれな Amamiya Erena?) / Cure Soleil (キュアソレイユ Kyua Soreiyu?)
- Elena is a third year student with a radiant smile. She's very popular to the point that she is known as "The Sun of Mihoshi Town". Her family owns a flower shop in the shopping district known as "Sonrisa", where she sometimes works. She often looks after her 6 younger siblings when her parents are off working at the store.
- Kaguya Madoka (香久矢まどか Kaguya Madoka?) / Cure Selene (キュアセレーネ Kyua Serēne?)
- Madoka is a third year student who is very polite and always trying her best. She is from a family with a storied history; her father works in the government while her mother is world famous pianist. She herself holds national championship titles in piano and archery. She also does flower arrangements and tea ceremonies, and gets excellent grades. As the student council president, she's known as "The Moon of Mihoshi Town".
- Yuni (ユニ Yuni?) / Blue Cat (ブルーキャット Burū Kyatto?) / Cure Cosmo (キュアコスモ Kyua Kosumo?)
- Yuni is a resident of Planet Rainbow who took on various aliases to try and restore her planet. She was a space idol named Mao, a space phantom thief, Blue Cat, and Bakenyan, all to find out how to save her people and steal back the treasures that were sold away.
Cure Star: 宇宙に輝くキラキラ星！キュアスター！
Cure Milky: 天にあまねくミルキーウェイ！キュアミルキー！
Cure Soleil: 宇宙を照らす！灼熱のきらめき！キュアソレイユ！
Cure Selene: 夜空に輝く！神秘の月あかり！キュアセレーネ！
Cure Cosmo: 銀河に光る虹色のスペクトル！キュアコスモ！
All: Sutā Karā Pendanto! Karā Chāji!
Cure Star: Sora ni Kagayaku Kirakira Boshi! Kyua Sutā!
Cure Milky: Ten ni Amaneku Mirukī Wei! Kyua Mirukī!
Cure Soleil: Uchū wo Terasu! Shakunetsu no Kirameki! Kyua Soreiyu!
Cure Selene: Yozora ni Kagayaku! Shinpi no Tsukiakari! Kyua Serēne!
Cure Cosmo: Ginga ni hikaru nijiiro no supekutoru! Kyua Kosumo!
All: Sutā☆Tuinkuru Purikyua!
All: Star Color Pendant! Color Charge!
Cure Star: The twinkling star that shines throughout the universe! Cure Star!
Cure Milky: The milky way stretching across the heavens! Cure Milky!
Cure Soleil: Light up the sky! With sparkling heat! Cure Soleil!
Cure Selene: Light up the night sky! With the secretive moonlight! Cure Selene!
Cure Cosmo: The rainbow spectrum lighting up the galaxy! Cure Cosmo!
All: Star☆Twinkle Pretty Cure!
Healin' Good♥Pretty Cure
Healin' Good♥Pretty Cure (ヒーリングっど♥プリキュア Hīrin Guddo♥Purikyua?) is the fifteenth original series of Pretty Cure and the seventeenth season overall. Its main motifs are nature and animals.
The main characters are:
- Hanadera Nodoka (花寺のどか Hanadera Nodoka?) / Cure Grace (キュアグレース Kyua Gurēsu?)
- Nodoka is a second year middle school student who just moved to Sukoyaka City. She's very calm and goes at her own pace, and strives to try many different things, but doesn't have the athletic ability to accomplish most of them. Above all this, she has a very kind heart and just wants to be of use to someone.
- Sawaizumi Chiyu (沢泉ちゆ Sawaizumi Chiyu?) / Cure Fontaine (キュアフォンテーヌ Kyua Fontēnu?)
- Chiyu is a second year middle school student who lives a hygienic and cheerful lifestyle. She's the older sister type who, if she sees anything wrong, will do anything to help. She's very serious with a strong sense of responsibility, and will try to do everything herself. She is sporty, being the ace of the school's track and field team, and smart as well, especially when it comes to science.
- Hiramitsu Hinata (平光ひなた Hiramitsu Hinata?) / Cure Sparkle (キュアスパークル Kyua Supākuru?)
- Hinata is a bright, outgoing and friendly second year middle school student. She tends to speak her mind, relevant or not. She is a honest girl, always apologising once she realizes she did something wrong. She isn't good at studying. She absolutely loves fashion and cosmetics but is so fond of it that she isn't great at judging it fairly.
- Fuurin Asumi (風鈴アスミ Fūrin Asumi?) / Cure Earth (キュアアース Kyua Āsu?)
- Asumi is a spirit who was born through the power of the Earth as a human in response to Teatinu's prayers. She looks to be 20 years old but is actually a "newborn" who doesn't understand anything about being human. She is mysterious yet always has a smile on her face.
Cure Grace & Rabirin: 重なる二つの花！
Cure Grace: キュアグレース！
Cure Fontaine & Pegitan: 交わる二つの流れ！
Cure Fontaine: キュアフォンテーヌ！
Cure Sparkle & Nyatoran: 溶け合う二つの光！
Cure Sparkle: キュアスパークル！
Cure Earth & Latte: 時を経てつながる二つの風！
Cure Earth: キュアアース！
Cures: Purikyua Operēshon!
Animals: Eremento Reberu, jōshō!
All: Kyua Tacchi!
Cure Grace & Rabirin: Kasanaru futatsu no hana!
Cure Grace: Kyua Gurēsu!
Cure Fontaine & Pegitan: Majiwaru futatsu no nagare!
Cure Fontaine: Kyua Fontēnu!
Cure Sparkle & Nyatoran: Tokeau futatsu no hikari!
Cure Sparkle: Kyua Supākuru!
Cure Earth & Latte: Toki wo hete tsunagaru futatsu no kaze!
Cure Earth: Kyua Āsu!
Animals: Chikyū wo oteate!
Cures: Hīrin Guddo♥Purikyua!
Cures: Pretty Cure Operation!
Animals: Raise the Element Level!
All: Cure Touch!
Cure Grace & Rabirin: The two overlapping flowers!
Cure Grace: Cure Grace!
Cure Fontaine & Pegitan: The two intersecting streams!
Cure Fontaine: Cure Fontaine!
Cure Sparkle & Nyatoran: The two lights that come together!
Cure Sparkle: Cure Sparkle!
Cure Earth & Latte: The two winds that connect through time!
Cure Earth: Cure Earth!
Animals: We heal the Earth!
Cures: Healin' Good♥Pretty Cure!
Pretty Cure All Stars
Pretty Cure All Stars (プリキュアオールスターズ Purikyua Ōru Sutāzu?) is a series of movie spin-offs in which all the characters from each season are placed together in the same universe. In this world, all the Cures are friends and fight alongside each other.
In 2012, with movie Pretty Cure All Stars New Stage: Mirai no Tomodachi, a main Cure is born for the first time in the All Stars universe, and joins all the other Cures in battle. She appeared again in Pretty Cure All Stars New Stage 3: Eien no Tomodachi in order to aid the Cures.
The movie-exclusive Cure is:
- Sakagami Ayumi (坂上 あゆみ?) / Cure Echo (キュアエコー Kyua Ekō?)
- A timid girl who loves Pretty Cure, she gained her own Cure status through the power of the 28 canon Cures in Pretty Cure All Stars New Stage: Mirai no Tomodachi.
- Pretty Cure teams can have up to eight people, as stated by Ms. Hasegawa Ayumi in her Febri interview.
- All lead Cures have pink in their outfits.
- Cure Black is the only lead Cure so far not to have pink as her main color, as her main color is black. Only her sub color is pink.
- All main Pretty Cures are voiced by different voice actresses, resulting in there being 59 voice actresses for all 59 main Cures.
- The only Cures who share the same voice actress are Dark Dream and Cure Beauty (Nishimura Chinami), Dark Lemonade and Cure Ace (Kugimiya Rie), Past Cure Flora and Cure Macaron (Fujita Saki), and Cure Lumière and Cure Soleil (Yasuno Kiyono).
- Mirage Pretty Cures share the same voice actresses with the Heartcatch! Cures, and the Bad End Cures with the Smile! Cures as well. Mainly because they are mirrored counterparts to the originals.
- Cure Unlovely has the same voice actress as Cure Lovely for the same reason.
- The Cures had usually transformed with the use of a phone, but recent seasons have introduced perfume bottles, keys, bracelets, and/or rings.
- Suite Pretty Cure♪ started the trend of featuring one Cure with the character "kawa" ("river") in their surnames and was followed by all the seasons (excluding Mahou Tsukai Pretty Cure!) that came after:
- Suite Pretty Cure♪: Kurokawa Ellen.
- Smile Pretty Cure!: Midorikawa Nao.
- Doki Doki! Pretty Cure: Hishikawa Rikka.
- Happiness Charge Pretty Cure!: Hikawa Iona.
- Go! Princess Pretty Cure: Amanogawa Kirara.
- KiraKira☆Pretty Cure A La Mode: Arisugawa Himari.
- In these last two cases, the character is pronounced as "gawa".
- Each lead Cure has a catchphrase.
- Nagisa's are "Arienāi!!" (ありえなーい！！) and "Rakkī!" (ラッキー！).
- Saki's is "Zekkōchō nari!" (絶好調なり！).
- Nozomi's is "Kettei!" (決定！).
- Love's is "Shiawase getto dayo!" (しあわせゲットだよ！).
- Tsubomi's is "Watashi, kan'nin bukuro no o ga kiremashita!" (私、堪忍袋の緒が切れました！).
- Hibiki's is "Koko de kimenakya on'na ga sutaru!" (ここで決めなきゃ女がすたる！).
- Miyuki's is "Urutora Happī!!" (ウルトラハッピー！！).
- Mana's is "Kyun Kyun!" (キュンキュン！).
- Megumi's is "Shiawase happīnesu!" (しあわせ ハッピーネス！).
- Haruka's are "Suteki sugiru!" (ステキすぎる！) and "______mankai dayo!" (______満開だよ！).
- Mirai's are "○○ tte īmashita?!" (○○っていいました？！) and "Wakuwaku mondā!" (ワクワクもんだぁ！).
- Ichika's are "Hoippu・Suteppu・Jānpu!" (ホイップ・ステップ・ジャーンプ！) and "Kiratto hirameita!" (キラっとひらめいた！).
- Hana's are "Furefure, ○○!" (フレフレ○○！) and "Mechokku" (めちょっく！).
- Hikaru's is "Kira Yaba~☆" (キラやば～っ☆).
- Nodoka's is "Fuwā~" (ふわあ～).
- Green is the rarest hair color so far, with only Cure Mint, Cure March, and Cure Milky having this hair color among all the official Cures.
- Interestingly, when almost all yellow Cures (except for Cure Sunshine, Cure Étoile, and Cure Soleil) assume their finishing pose during their transformations, they all share the same sound effect, which is a distinct sparkly 'pop' noise.
- Happiness Charge Pretty Cure! is the first series to start the tradition of the baton pass, where the previous lead Cure meets with the succeeding Cure. In this case, Cure Lovely to Cure Flora.