Ako's alter ego is Cure Muse (キュアミューズ?). She was previously known as the Masked Cure, who wore a disguise before revealing her actual form.
Ako is a little girl with orange eyes, which require magenta glasses. Her short orange hair frames her face with a loose strand on each side of the head. Normally, she wears a pink long-sleeve shirt, but short in the summer, with a purple buttoned one-piece over it, short magenta socks, and white sneakers with pale blue detail. In the movie, she wears a light-indigo buttoned top over a pearl blue dress, pink socks, and white shoes with periwinkle accents.
In Masked form, Ako appears to be much older due to wearing platform boots. Her eyes turn magenta and her head is hidden by a large purple and black mask with a heart gem to match her full body outfit and cape.
As Cure Muse, her eyes are the same as in masked form while her now bright orange hair grows very long and is worn loose, splitting in two segments so far down with a yellow ribbon on each side. Besides her white forehead piece which is adorned by a hot pink heart gem, she also gains a gold choker and heart earrings. She wears a pale yellow long-sleeved blouse with yellow detail and ribbon on each hip. Around the shoulders is a yellow shawl with white ruffles and the Cure Module in the center, with a yellow bow. The short, yellow balloon skirt has a ruffled light yellow peplum over it. She also gains white and light yellow boots with a yellow ribbon adorned by a heart on top.
As Crescendo Cure Muse, her hair is thickly curled and a lighter color. Her ribbons alter in shape and her attire becomes white and pale yellow, with details in yellow and light yellow. The skirt remains the same but the layers above it grow in length and gain a feathery, gold cape-like piece hanging from the back to match her wings.
Ako is a sweet and considerate girl who enjoys music and loves to sing. She adores her parents and looks up to them, although she gets flustered by her father's awkward behavior. She is also mature for her age and capable of understanding things most kids her age wouldn't.
However, after Minor Land's takeover of her home, she fled for Kanon Town and was led to believe she would be forced to save everyone on her own. As such, she became cold and pushed others away, showing a rude and inconsiderate side around people older then her unless she liked them, and even then she could come off as condescending and sternly cold if annoyed.
Minamino Souta - Her best friend in Kanon Town. He is shown having feelings for her, although she doesn't seem to be aware of it, other than blushing when he complimented her princess costume. She cares about him and acts sternly around him, although he knows there is more to her than that.
Hojo Hibiki, Minamino Kanade, and Kurokawa Ellen - Pretty Cure partners. Ako is seen as the "little sister" of the group, being the youngest of all four of them, and essentially gets along with them. Initially, she was shown being rude towards them until she began to trust the girls, and in return, they are shown to be attached to her. Ellen is respectful towards her after realizing she was the Princess she met in the past.
Shirabe (調辺?) has two meanings. Shira (調?) means "tone", which fits the Suite Pretty Cure♪ theme. And Be (辺?) means "side" or "area". Her surname sounds like the word "shirabe" (調べ), which means "playing music"1.
Muse came from the name of Greek goddesses of the inspiration of literature, science, and the arts.
Appearances as Ako
Ako first appears walking with Kanade's brother Minamino Souta to school.SPC06She runs into Hojo Hibiki and Minamino Kanade arguing and tells them to get out of her way. She seems to be disrespectful of her elders and has no respect for them and seems to be somewhat mature for her age. She also tells Hibiki and Kanade later that she likes singing but is not very good at it. In a later episode, she and Souta see Hummy and Siren together and tell Hibiki and Kanade about it.SPC20
Appearances as the Masked Cure
Cure Muse was first shown as the Masked Cure in the show's first opening sequence. She makes her first appearance when she saves Kanade and Hibiki from a Negatone made by Bassdrum at a fake music contest near the clock tower.SPC11 Hibiki and Kanade immediately began speculating about her identity. Some suspects were Nishijima Waon and Higashiyama Seika. Also, Bassdrum calls out to Cure Muse and refers to her as "Siren!" leading to the speculation that Cure Muse may actually be Siren.SPC12 However, this is soon proven false, as she saves the Cures from Siren herself.SPC13 She both saves the Cures and helps them on several other occasions but starts to worry that the others are getting too powerful when they acquire the Healing Chest. Cure Muse doesn't really talk when she was disguised as the Masked Cure, however, Dodory talks for her.
Saving Mephisto's Heart and Joining the Team
Ako explains that she became a Cure on the very day Mephisto stole the legendary score. She hid her identity and became the masked Cure because she really didn't want to fight against her father. After Hibiki said that they were fighting to save Mephisto, she revealed herself but still could not quite bring herself to fight her father. Melody, Rhythm and Beat start fighting him for her but are hopelessly outmatched, so Ako steps in as Muse and begs her father to stop. This does not work, as Mephisto is too well controlled by the noise of evil. Finally, Muse gathers up her courage and punches Mephisto which knocks him back to his senses and returns him to normal.
Tsumabiku wa megami no shirabe, Kyua Myūzu!
Cure Muse (キュアミューズ?) is the alter Pretty Cure ego of Ako. She transforms using her Cure Module, along with Fairy Tone Dodory. Her true form was first revealed in episode 35, and her official transformation occurred during episode 36.
She can also create a rainbow-colored piano clapping her hands together and spreading the keys out. When she plays on this piano, the keys shoot out to surround her target within a barrier. She uses this to trap enemies and also to protect friends and civilians.
Crescendo Cure Muse
Crescendo Cure Muse is the upgraded form that Cure Muse attains in episode 47. The Crescendo Tone is required for this transformation upgrade; in the TV series, as the Crescendo Tone was sealed up by Noise, the eight Fairy Tones Dory to Dodory combined to become the Crescendo Tone to allow the Cures to transform. In this form, the Cures can perform Suite Session Ensemble Crescendo Finale.
- Shining Circle (シャイニングサークル?) is her solo attack that requires the blue Fairy Tone Shiry and her Cure Module.
- Sparkling Shower (スパークリングシャワー?) is her finishing attack that also requires her Cure Module and the blue Fairy Tone Shiry.
- Suite Session Ensemble (スイート セッション アンサンブル?) is a group attack that she performed with her teammates Melody, Rhythm, and Beat. To perform it, they need the Healing Chest and the trust of the Crescendo Tone.
Ako's voice actor, Ōkubo Rumi, has participated in several image songs for the character she voices. Many of them include duets with Ami Koshimizu, who voices Hojo Hibiki, Fumiko Orikasa, who voices Minamino Kanade, and Toyoguchi Megumi, who voices Siren/Kurokawa Ellen.
- ONE~Hearts As One~ (Along with Ami Koshimizu, Fumiko Orikasa, and Toyoguchi Megumi)
- Door of Dreams (Along with Ami Koshimizu, Fumiko Orikasa, Toyoguchi Megumi)
- Ako is the youngest main character in the franchise thus far. She is also the smallest Cure. Her age is not stated in the show but is revealed in an interview and printed on some of her character collectible cards.
- Cure Muse has the least amount of focus and speaking lines in the All Stars movies compared to the rest of the Cures. Currently, she has only spoken in Pretty Cure All Stars New Stage: Mirai no Tomodachi and HUGtto! Pretty Cure♡Futari wa Pretty Cure: All Stars Memories.
- Cure Muse, when masked, looks older than she really is, which is probably why Hibiki, Kanade, and Ellen did not suspect Ako to be Cure Muse at first. In one episode, it was shown that Ako knows how to walk on stilts, hinting to her Cure identity.
- She is the first and only yellow Cure to join the team as the fourth member.
- Ako appeared as Cure Muse to give the 10th anniversary congratulatory speech at the beginning of episode 33 in Happiness Charge Pretty Cure!.
- She is the only Suite♪ Cure whose Fairy Tone doesn't match her theme color, though as the masked Cure Muse her costume is of a darker color that more closely resembles her Fairy Tone.
- She is also the only member of the Suite♪ Pretty Cure team to only have one character song.
- Main Page: Shirabe Ako/Image Gallery
|V • ESuite Pretty Cure♪ characters|
|Cures||Hojo Hibiki/Cure Melody • Minamino Kanade/Cure Rhythm • Siren/Kurokawa Ellen/Cure Beat • Shirabe Ako/Cure Muse|
|Mascots||Hummy • Siren • Fairy Tones|
|Villains||Noise • Mephisto • Siren/Kurokawa Ellen • Bassdrum • Baritone • Falsetto • Negatone|
|Others||Aphrodite • Shirabe Otokichi • Higashiyama Seika • Minamino Souta • Minamino Sousuke • Minamino Misora • Hojo Dan • Hojo Maria • Nishijima Waon • Ouji Masamune • Arisa • Rena|
|Movie only||Suzu • Sharp • Flat • Natural • Howling|