Sango's alter ego is Cure Coral (キュアコーラル?), and her charm point is her cheeks.
Sango is a teenager with light brown eyes and dark purple hair worn in two low pigtails held by pink bows along with yellow and green clips on the left side of her head and fuchsia ribbons on the right.
She wears a pastel purple blouse with a white lace collar and bows on the sleeves, an indigo skirt with lilac ruffles and a yellow ribbon tied around the waist, and a pair of purple sandals with white socks and pink bows on the toe. She also wears the purple Heart Kuru Ring on her left middle finger.
As Cure Coral, her eyes gain turquoise hearts. Her hair turns light purple and grows long, worn like her civilian form, but held by pink and yellow ribbons. She also has pink hearts on her cheeks. On her head is a white sailor hat with an indigo and blue bow and a pink coral-shaped shell in the middle of the bow. On the right of her head is a clip with yellow and pink pearls. Her dress is lilac with a low sailor collar, white crisscrossed ribbons and a wide purple skirt with a short blue cape and pale purple ruffles. The sailor collar is held with a purple seashell brooch. On her left hip is the carrying case for her Tropical Pact accented with a yellow ribbon. She wears white knee high socks and purple platform heels with ruffled yellow anklets. Her accessories include a purple v-shaped choker, white fingerless gloves with a heart cutout and purple bands, and yellow bow-shaped earrings.
In her Excellen-Tropical Style, her hair grows longer and thickens with sky blue ribbons appearing at the top of her pigtails. Her hat now covers her entire head, with two small ribbons with coral shells on each side and pale yellow ruffles on the ribbons and the bottom of hat's rim. Her collar turns white with purple and white ribbons around it and a matching bow in the front. Her skirt lengthens and turns white, opening up to reveal indigo, purple, and light purple layers with a light pink one at the bottom. On her waist is a band of sky blue pearls. Her choker turns white and purple with a purple gem hanging from it. Her gloves turn into frilly white wristbands with purple bands around the wrist and she is now barefoot with purple bands around her ankles with white ruffles lining the ends.
Sango is a stylish 1st year middle school student who loves cute things. She's very kind and can get along with anyone. Her family owns a beauty parlor, so she knows a lot about make up and cosmetics. Despite her kindness, she lacks self confidence and usually just goes with the flow, but gradually learns to believe in herself.
- Natsuumi Manatsu: Sango and Manatsu are classmates, and they quickly become friends after recognizing each other on their first day of school.
Cure Coral is a hard substance formed from the bones of very small sea animals .
Meeting Laura and Becoming Cure Coral
Sometime after befriending Manatsu, Sango joins her and three of their classmates on a shopping trip. When she gets lost during their visit to the aquarium, she meets Laura who is enjoying herself at the outdoor pool. Although she finds Laura adorable, she is upset that she is unable to voice out her own opinion to her classmates when they all believe that mermaids have funny faces.
At school, Sango decides to accompany Manatsu to eat together, and admits that she is envious of Manatsu not hesitating to do what she wants, because according to her experience of picking a tulip bulb in kindergarten, she doesn't like standing out. She later meets Laura again, and is told by Laura to believe in her own cuteness, though she does not really understand and does not consider herself qualified to become a Cure. However, after school, she watches how Manatsu rushes to the park instead of escaping, and when she follows her, she realizes Manatsu, who she recognizes as Cure Summer, is bravely fighting Chongire's Yaraneeda. She finally musters up her courage, and receiving her own Tropical Pact, she transforms into Cure Coral for the first time.TRPC03
Being A Model
When Sango is about to go to school, she sees the designer Koni talking to her mother who immediately asks Sango to be a model for the Aozora Pretty Collection fashion show. At first, Sango trains diligently for her position as a model, but she gets stage fright during rehearsals. When she sees how the other models choose to help with the balloons despite the time shortage, she realizes it's about embracing the cuteness they like.
During the battle, Numeri tries to discourage Sango, but she ignores Numeri's words and gains the confidence to counter the Chou Zettai Yaraneeda. After defeating the Yaraneeda, the fashion show resumes and Sango is glad that she's able to make everyone happy by delivering cuteness. TRPC32
Glittering Jewels! Cure Coral!
Kirameku Hōseki! Kyua Kōraru!
Cure Coral (キュアコーラル?) is Sango's Pretty Cure alias. In order to transform, she needs her Tropical Pact and Heart Kuru Ring. She has the ability to create an X-shaped shield by closing her eyes and crossing her index fingers.
The transformation starts with Sango's Tropical Pact appearing. She then holds the pact while removing her Heart Kuru Ring, inserting it into the lock and turning it. The pact opens up, revealing her reflection. Then Sango takes the brush and shouts "Let's make up! Bling!" before touching the center of the pact with it, causing it to glow. She then shouts "Lips!" as she applies lipstick. She taps the middle of the pact again and shouts "Eyes!", giving her pink eyeshadow and adding turquoise heart-shaped flecks to her eyes. She taps it again and shouts "Hair!" as her hair grows and turns light purple with giant bows. She once again taps it and shouts "Cheeks!", pressing the brush against her cheeks and causing tiny hearts to appear on each one. She taps the middle one more time and shouts "Dress!" as she draws a yellow clover with the brush, which splits into six clovers. Each of the clovers strike her body, making parts of her outfit appear. First are her shoes, followed by her gloves, then her choker, earrings, dress bodice, skirt, and hat. A pouch for her Tropical Pact appears on the left, dropping in. With the transformation complete, Coral gently lands on the water and starts to jump on it, spinning and smiling before announcing her name and striking her final pose.
- Mokomoko Coral Diffusion (もこもこコーラルディフュージョン?): Cure Coral's solo attack that she can perform with her Heart Rouge Rod.
- Mix Tropical (ミックストロピカル?): A group attack that Cure Coral performs with Summer, Papaya and Flamingo. To perform it, she and her teammates need their Heart Rouge Rods and the Heart Quartet Ring.
- Land Beat Dynamic (ランドビートダイナミック?): A group attack that Cure Coral performs with Summer, Papaya, Flamingo and La Mer. To perform it, she and her teammates must be in their Excellen-Tropical Style, and they need the Tropical Heart Dresser and the Land Kuru Ring.
- Marine Beat Dynamic (マリンビートダイナミック?): A group attack that Cure Coral performs with Summer, Papaya, Flamingo and La Mer. To perform it, she and her teammates must be in their Excellen-Tropical Style, and they need the Tropical Heart Dresser and the Marine Kuru Ring.
Sango's voice actor, Hanamori Yumiri has participated in several image songs for the character she voices. Many of them include songs with Fairouz Ai, who voices Natsuumi Manatsu, Ishikawa Yui, who voices Ichinose Minori, Seto Asami who voices Takizawa Asuka, and Hidaka Rina, who voices Laura.
- Viva! Spark! Tropical-Rouge! Pretty Cure Tropical Club Ver. (Along with Fairouz Ai, Ishikawa Yui, Seto Asami, and Hidaka Rina)
- Let's Tropical To Our Heart's Content! (Along with Fairouz Ai, Ishikawa Yui, Seto Asami, and Hidaka Rina)
- Shantia ~Land of Happiness~ (Along with Fairouz Ai, Ishikawa Yui, Seto Asami, and Hidaka Rina)
- Shantia ~Land of Happiness~ Ending Ver. (Along with Fairouz Ai, Ishikawa Yui, Seto Asami, Hidaka Rina, Nana Mizuki, Mizusawa Fumie, Kuwashima Houko, and Hisakawa Aya)
- Sango's birthday is on May 9th, making her Zodiac sign Taurus.
- Sango's favorite things are collecting cute things and make up.
- Sango shares her voice actress with several of the Element Spirits from Healin' Good♥Pretty Cure.
- An interview from Animage revealed that Sango's personality is a bit toned down compared to the other girls, but she is also the closest to the audience because she is the normal one. She has a role in being an audience surrogate, but her personal charm points will also be highlighted throughout the show.
- Episode 13 revealed that Sango is afraid of bugs.
- Main Page: Suzumura Sango/Image Gallery
|V • T • E Tropical-Rouge! Pretty Cure characters|
|Cures||Natsuumi Manatsu / Cure Summer • Suzumura Sango / Cure Coral • Ichinose Minori / Cure Papaya • Takizawa Asuka / Cure Flamingo • Laura / Cure La Mer|
|Villains||Witch of Delays • Butler • Chongire • Numeri • Elda • Yaraneeda|
|Others||Mermaid Queen • Natsuumi Aoi • Natsuumi Taiyo • Hirabayashi Mafune • Suzumura Miyuki • Sakuragawa Saki • Shiratori Yuriko • Other Minor Characters|