Usami Ichika (宇佐美いちか Usami Ichika?) is one of the six main Cures and the lead Cure in the series KiraKira☆Pretty Cure A La Mode. She is a second-year middle school student who loves sweets. When she gets excited, she jumps around like a "rabbit". Ichika's alter ego is Cure Whip (キュアホイップ Kyua Hoippu?), the Pretty Cure of liveliness and smiles, and she is based off shortcakes and rabbits.
Ichika has magenta colored eyes and long, wavy orange hair worn in twin-tails held by large strawberries and spread out bangs. She wears a short pink dress and an off-white long-sleeved shirt. Her sneakers are white and magenta, worn with strawberry ankle socks. During summer she switches to a pink, short-sleeved blouse and a short, light pink layered skirt with a pair of white shoes with strawberries on them. In the winter, she wears a pink sweater with a dark pink skirt, pink and green boots styled like strawberries with white socks, and at times a beige jacket, pink gloves, and white earmuffs. In the movie, she wears a pale pink blouse, light blue skirt, and black shoes with cream-colored socks. At the party, she wears a bright pink party dress with white gloves and pink high-heeled shoes. Her hair is tied in hot pink ribbons. While working, her pigtails are lower on her head.
As Cure Whip, her eyes remain unchanged while her hair turns bright pink and ends at the thigh with puffy curled ends. She has large white and pink rabbit ears and a dark headband with a shortcake on the left. She wears a puffy pale pink and fuchsia dress with loose puffy sleeves. On the chest is a dark pink bow with a strawberry on it. Her skirt has multiple layers, with a pale pink top layer and underneath it one that resembles a strawberry shortcake. On the front, left corner is a dark pink ribbon with the Sweets Pact. Her gloves are pale pink with a pom-pom on the hand and her boots are fuchsia with white rabbit-like toes. Her accessories including white fluffy earrings, a magenta choker, and a rabbit tail.
In the movie, she wears a turtle costume. As Super Cure Whip, her hair, eyes, headband with shortcake, rabbit ears and choker remain the same. The top part of the dress is solid pink with a dark pink ribbon with an enlarged strawberry on her chest and short ringed sleeves. The ribbon with the Sweets Pact on it turns light pink. Her skirt is now white on top and is longer in the back. The middle layer is now light and dark pink. Her gloves are the same color but now fit tighter and are slightly longer. Her boots remain the same but are light pink. On the back are a white rabbit tail and white wings.
In A La Mode style, her hair grows thicker and longer and turns neon pink. She wears a fluffy pale pink hat that covers her whole head and her rabbit ears stick up now. The shortcake is now in the center of a pink bow. The top part of the dress is pale pink with a large red heart on the chest and fluffy sleeves. Her skirt grows in length and has a large open split in the front. The top part of the skirt is pale pink with strawberry halves surrounding it while the lower part is slightly darker with magenta orbs at the ends of the pleats. Her gloves now have fur trim and her boots reach to at least her thighs.
Ichika is a cheerful young girl who loves sweets. However, she isn't the best at cooking. She has a lot of creativity when it comes to decorating sweets and making animal sweets though. When she is full of happiness or really excited, she hops around like a "rabbit". She sometimes comes off as clumsy and cries at some occasions despite her general cheerfulness.
- Usami Satomi: Satomi liked to bake strawberry shortcakes for Ichika when she was younger. When Ichika wondered why her cakes are so delicious, Satomi stated that she puts all her love for Ichika into it. Even though Satomi is working away from home as a doctor, she and Ichika are always thinking of each other.
- Usami Genichirou: Ichika maintains a close relationship with him, mainly due to her mother being away majority of time.
- Pekorin: From the moment they encountered each other, Ichika and Pekorin form a close bond. Pekorin cares deeply about Ichika.
- Kirahoshi Ciel: Originally, Ichika idolized Ciel. However, Ciel actually admires Ichika and wants to learn from her. Although both have different approaches when it comes to making desserts, they are close friends and learn from each other.
Usami (宇佐美?): U (宇?) means 'eaves', but is also often used as an affix for anything space (宇宙 uchuu?) related. Sa (佐?) means 'to help', and Mi (美?) is a common name suffix that means 'beautiful' .
Usami is meant to sound similar to Usagi (うさぎ?), which means 'rabbit' or 'bunny'.
Whip is short for whipped cream which goes on desserts like strawberry shortcake.
As a child, Ichika used to watch her mother baking different kinds of sweets, such as cakes.KKPCALM01
When the Mahou Tsukai girls arrive at KIRAKIRA Patisserie, Ichika greets them and serves them with some delicious Mofurun cake. Later on, she appears as Cure Whip to support them as the three Cures battle the Dokurokushe monster. After the battle, Ichika runs off. MTPC50
Her first transformation into Cure Whip
Learning that her mother is coming home soon, Ichika decides to make her a strawberry shortcake as a present. She attempts to make it several times, but it could never rise properly. While she is working, a hungry Pekorin crashes into her face through the open window. The fairy eats up and enjoys the failed cakes (thinking they were cookies), and as Ichika makes another one for her mother, Pekorin notices the Kirakiraru sparkling from it. Ichika then finishes baking the new shortcake and it successfully rises, but the celebration is short-lived after she learns that her mother would not be able to come home that day, which drains her of her motivation to complete the cake. As she laments, Gummy, who sensed the Kirakiraru coming home her house, arrives and steals it from the remaining shortcakes, turning them black and powering him up. Ichika and Pekorin then give chase, with the unfinished cake in tow. Pekorin strives to protect the cake Ichika put her feelings into, which in turn gives the girl confidence to finish it. Just then, they are surrounded by a bright light as she decorates the cake with a rabbit's face on it. Just then, the cake turns into an Animal Sweet and a Sweets Pact. With those, Ichika transforms into Cure Whip for the first time. After getting adjusted to her newfound powers, Whip uses her attack to turn Gummy back into his smaller form and to return the Kirakiraru to the blackened sweets. KKPCALM01
Obtaining Candy Rod and defeating the fused Thieves
In episode 11, she and the other Cures receive the Candy Rod, after combining the Kirakiraru from people. Together, the Cures perform Three・2・Wonderful A La Mode! attack and purify the fused monster that the Kirakiraru Thieves had merged into.
Falling into despair
During episode 17, Rio says some nasty stuff to her, which results in her falling into despair, thus giving Rio opportunity to collect her Kirakiraru. When other Cures arrive, Rio finally reveals himself as Julio and transforms his rod into a dark Candy Rod replica. He mimics Cures' attacks and gains the upper hand. Ichika, who manages to break free from despair confronts Julio and together with other Cures hit him with Three・2・Wonderful A La Mode! attack. With Julio's mask and his rod now broken, Ichika (as Cure Whip) gives him a hand and tells him to come with her, but Julio refuses, saying you can't get your feelings through with sweets and leaves.
In episode 22 it is revealed that Julio is Kirarin's brother, a fairy named Pikario and the Cures try to get him to remember, but to no avail. A powered-up Julio manages to overpower the Cures, until Cure Whip, with the help of the legendary patisserie Lumière gets through to him and he changes back to Pikario.
Return of her mother
In episode 31, Ichika's mother returns which surprises Ichika. However, her mother needs to return to work the next day. Ichika wants to make a cake for her like she did in the past but she doesn't do very well. After she clears things up with her mother, she finally succeeds and gives her mom a cake to eat on her trip back. She also finally learns to be honest to her mother regarding her true feelings, which ends in them hugging it out.
The Final Battle Against Elisio
In episode 46, Ichika is finally celebrating her fourteenth birthday when Elisio appears and completely stains the town in darkness. Whip, along with her friends try to fend off Elisio but are overpowered by Grave, Diable and then Elisio. Whip quickly shoves Pekorin and Chourou into the KiraPati box but loses her emotions in the process.
In episode 47, after losing her emotions and getting amnesia, Ichika tosses her Animal Sweet and Crystal Rabbit into the trash. Pekorin tries to greet her, but she can't recall Pekorin either. So Pekorin regains Ichika and the other Cures memories and emotions by giving them a basket of donuts. This allows Ichika to reunite with her Animal Sweet and Crystal Rabbit and transform into Cure Whip again.
In episode 48, Cure Whip and the other Cures confront Elisio once and for all. However, Elisio is so powerful that he absorbs everybody and even the Earth, and all Whip can do is tearfully watch her mother fade away. But instead of surrendering, Whip forgives Elisio and tells him that he has a heart, before she and the other Cures recreate the world. Moved by Whip's speech, Elisio leaves after telling her that he looks forward to the world she has recreated. She is then able to resume her birthday celebration with everyone that has been saved.
A year after the battle against Elisio, Ichika has been planning to travel around the world when she grows older, but can't seem to tell her friends. When Pekorin and the Crystal Animals discover her travel guides, Ichika tries to cover them up, but eventually admits that she is afraid to tell them because she doesn't want miss them, and breaks down into tears. However, all of her friends support her dream, and she regains the courage to make it come true. After meeting Cure Yell, Ichika decides to travel around the world.
A few years later, Ichika has accomplished her dream of becoming a travelling pâtissier, with the KiraPati being operated by her. She arrives at a faraway desert town and meets a Noir-looking boy, a Lumière-looking girl, and a Diable-looking puppy. She manages to make the boy and girl calm down before cheering them up with her cupcakes. She is then ready to begin her journey of bringing happiness to the rest of the townspeople. KKPCALM49
"With Liveliness and Smiles! Let's・La・Mix It All Up! Cure Whip! Ready To Serve!"
Genki to egao wo! Rettsu・Ra・Mazemaze! Kyua Hoippu! Dekiagari!
Cure Whip (キュアホイップ?) is the Pretty Cure alter ego of Ichika. She transforms using the phrase "Cure La Mode・Decoration!". In this form, she can jump really high and possesses a stronger sense of hearing like a rabbit.
- KiraKira♪Kirarun: The main method of attack used by the Cures, which manifests in the form of magical batter within the Sweets Pact. As Cure Whip, Ichika has shown she has the ability to:
- Envelop her enemies with whip-like lashes of batter.
- Launch large pink energy blasts from her wand.
- Wrap her enemies in a colossal encasing of frosting, creating an explosion that depletes them of their power.
- Use the batter to manifest a large sticky rope-like structure or web that keeps the foe in place.
- Kirakirakirarun♪Kirakiraru♪: A more powerful version of the original incantation, giving Whip the ability to summon a large snake-like structure of batter that coils around before launching itself at the foe. The impact from the tip sending them flying.
- Three・2・Wonderful A La Mode! (スイー・２・ワンダフルアラモード！?) is the group attack Cure Whip performs with the other four Cures. To perform it, she must use the Candy Rod.
- Whip Decoration (ホイップデコレーション?) is the first solo sub attack that Cure Whip uses. She first performs it in episode 12. To perform it, she must use the Candy Rod.
- Animal Go Round! (アニマルゴーランド！?) is the group attack Cure Whip performs with the other five Cures. To perform it, she must use the Kirakiraru Creamer and her Crystal Animal.
- Fantastic Animale (ファンタスティックアニマーレ！?) is the group attack Cure Whip performs with the other five Cures. To perform it, she must use the Kirakiraru Creamer and her Crystal Animal and be in her A La Mode Style.
Ichika's voice actress, Miyama Karen, has participated in several image songs for the character she voices. Many of them include duets with Fukuhara Haruka, who voices Arisugawa Himari, Muranaka Tomo, who voices Tategami Aoi, Fujita Saki, who voices Kotozume Yukari, Mori Nanako, who voices Kenjou Akira, Minase Inori, who voices Kirahoshi Ciel, and Kanai Mika, who voices Pekorin.
- Shine☆Avec☆Moi☆ (Along with Minase Inori)
- Very Hungry☆Happy Decor♡Donuts (Along with Kanai Mika)
- Let's・La・Cookin'☆Showtime ~KIRAKIRA☆Patisserie・Version~ (Along with Fukuhara Haruka, Muranaka Tomo, Fujita Saki, Mori Nanako, and Minase Inori)
- Mémoire・Mille-feuille (Along with Fukuhara Haruka, Muranaka Tomo, Fujita Saki, Mori Nanako, and Minase Inori)
- Ichika's birthday is on January 7th, making her Zodiac sign Capricorn.
- Ichika is the first Cure to make a cameo appearance in a different Pretty Cure series, not counting the All-Stars or Dream Stars continuities, as she appeared in the last episode of Mahou Tsukai Pretty Cure!.
- Ichika is the first Cure to make a special appearance on a Japanese Sunday news program Sunday LIVE!! on the day of the season's finale. She was also the first Cure to be animated with Live2D for this occasion.
- Main Page: Usami Ichika/Image Gallery
- ↑ https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/%E5%AE%87#Japanese
- ↑ http://www.wordsense.eu/%E7%BE%8E/
- ↑ https://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2018/01/26/hugtto-precure-protagonist-hana-nono-to-make-a-cameo-appearance-in-kirakira-precure-final-episode
- ↑ https://www.animatetimes.com/news/img.php?id=1516964784&p=1&n=1
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVQmSlaYcpo